Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

True, but what contract did Benik Afobe signed at Wolves?

Now they are looking to sell him to Roger inside a month for an alleged £2m profit. 

Contracts mean nothing in this game as we all know. 

The contract between Wolves and Afobe wasn't broken if both parties agreed to it. Pearce couldn't just walk out if Derby wanted to sign him unless Leeds agree - that's basically the situation. If they did release him then they'd probably want a fat fee to do so now they have on a long term deal.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oldben said:

Why would leeds think derby would want a part exchange for Tom Pearce.

Theres no one from the leeds team id want to see a part exchange for vydra.

Because we're in the market for a left back and he's seen as having a lot of potential. Just because you don't want anyone from Leeds doesn't mean Frank wouldn't. I personally would happily take the likes of Pearce, Vieira, Jansson, Saiz and Hernandez here 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I think Jerome or Martin should be sold ahead of Vydra as neither will score any where near as many goals as vydra.

Jerome is pure rubbish and at his age hes not going to get any better.

There are at 6 players who should be sold ahead of vydra.

So wheres the logic in his sale.

but-captain-this-is-not-logical.jpg

I’m very open to selling Vydra. If we can get Pearce on top then it’s definitely worth considering. 

He’s a good player, but far from outstanding. He’s been massively inconsistent throughout his career too. 

I’m not even sure he would need replacing either. Tom Lawrence would fill that role and probably give us a bit more, with a decent number 9 then we would probably be better off as a team. 

£10m plus Pearce would be a very good offer to me. Pearce is a good prospect. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’m very open to selling Vydra. If we can get Pearce on top then it’s definitely worth considering. 

He’s a good player, but far from outstanding. He’s been massively inconsistent throughout his career too. 

I’m not even sure he would need replacing either. Tom Lawrence would fill that role and probably give us a bit more, with a decent number 9 then we would probably be better off as a team. 

£10m plus Pearce would be a very good offer to me. Pearce is a good prospect. 

Not against selling Vydra and Lawrence did look better in the middle last season but would want more than Pearce and £8M. With some of the fees mentioned these days (Reid @ Bristol City for £7M) Vydra is the the leading goakscorer in his division so must be worth £15M minimum?

Just now, DCFC1976 said:

Not against selling Vydra and Lawrence did look better in the middle last season but would want more than Pearce and £8M. With some of the fees mentioned these days (Reid @ Bristol City for £7M) Vydra is the the leading goakscorer in his division so must be worth £15M minimum?

I’d be delighted with £15m, but yeah his stock is high at the moment and we need to take full advantage. If he reverts back to his previous form then we’ll not even get our money back. 

For me, he’s definitely a player we should look to move on this summer, not because he’s a bad player but because he’s at the height of his valuation and I don’t see him playing at a higher level with the same impact.

Villa reportedly paid 15 million for Scott Hogan (i assume including add ons) from Brentford, he scored 21 goals in the championship, Vydra has scored 20 plus goals in the championship twice and has well over 50 championship goals in total, if we sold for any less than 12 million I would be livid.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

For me, he’s definitely a player we should look to move on this summer, not because he’s a bad player but because he’s at the height of his valuation and I don’t see him playing at a higher level with the same impact.

Yeah. While thinking about selling Vydra I was wondering just that point.

How many strikers could we have sold a the 'right time' and made a big profit but for various reasons held on to them too long. I know I'm a Martin fanboy but it would be pointless selling a striker of his ability for the value he'd now command after two seasons of being 'ignored' and not played. Sell Vydra now, he's not *that* necessary to the team.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah. While thinking about selling Vydra I was wondering just that point.

How many strikers could we have sold a the 'right time' and made a big profit but for various reasons held on to them too long. I know I'm a Martin fanboy but it would be pointless selling a striker of his ability for the value he'd now command after two seasons of being 'ignored' and not played. Sell Vydra now, he's not *that* necessary to the team.

I think that should be the case for every player. I know it’s never nice to sell your best players, but every single player is replaceable at this level and we need to be more canny when it comes transfer business. It really has been appalling, signing players with little resale value regardless of how well they perform is not a model we should be followIng at this level. 

If Lampard goes 433 like Chelsea U18s played under Morris then Vydra wouldnt fit in the system, how much would he be worth come Jan if he hardly plays under Franks system, 5-6m if we're lucky?

If Lampard doesnt think Vydra suits his system and we can get good money (& maybe a decent player too) to then build and mould a squad Lampard wants im all for it

Always liked Vyds but sell sell sell so long as we get minimum £12m. Our record generally for buying/selling is dire. Two of my mates are Hornets and still can't believe how cheaply they got Hughes for and say they'd have been happy to pay twice that. The money men really need to show some savvy. 

Archived