Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

How do you know he's being touted around? You think Derby have sent an email to all clubs saying we need cash... How much will you offer for Vydra. This is second tier English football with a prize higher than most in football. You make it sound like we're stood outside cash converters with a robbed mobile trying to get enough money together to buy some Spice. 

If franks sanctioning the sale to refresh the squad before concrete bids have come in why wouldn’t we be drumming up interest in him? If we’ve decided he’s going his agent will be on the phone trying to get him (and himself) the best deal available.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Best regards,

Derby County Fans who, know we have form for letting good players go for peanuts

Admittedly chairmen past have done it as well, but Mel needs to play hardball on this one. 

Surely you know that the media are going to make these stories. We know nothing until the supposed deal, which may not even take place happens.

They know the reaction it will draw, therefore bringing more views and clicks and whatever else toward them. There is nothing reliable behind what they are saying.

Relax a little, and enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If franks sanctioning the sale to refresh the squad before concrete bids have come in why wouldn’t we be drumming up interest in him? If we’ve decided he’s going his agent will be on the phone trying to get him (and himself) the best deal available.

Ifs and buts... Which was my point. Nobody...including FL...has said he has to be sold. They've said there won't be huge changes. So read that as 3 or 4 loans and a couple of lower league bargains if you want. Papers here austerity measures... Then look at most saleable asset... Then write about it. These stories all disappear once the world Cup starts and there is other stuff to write about. They then only print something concrete rather than to fill column inches and get clicks. Remember if your club is linked to the leagues top scorer for a rock bottom price you're going to click... And that's how newspapers stay in business these days. Why else do you think the Telegraph runs countless tentative links and speculation along with juvenile click bait titles? 

Why do we under value our players so much??? We don't need to sell, he is under contract. The ball is in our court. We should just put a redic price tag on like Maddison 20-25 mil. Grelish 40 mil. sessegnon 50 mil. Even Pboro are asking for 7.5 mil for Maddison.

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Best regards,

Derby County Fans who, know we have form for letting writing off good players go for peanuts

Fixed

PistoldPete2
21 hours ago, David said:

Straw that broke the camels back thats all. This thread is full of it, and if you look above I actually replied to another member before yours in a similar manner if you think my /rant was aimed at just you. 

It's every single transfer window now, maybe I'm getting old but it's getting tedious watching these red tops wind you all like toys to feed their click grabbing ways.

I don't get any frustration you could have because the Mirror print a few lines "ffs", it's strange to say the very least. You've written before, you must know how it all works, chuck a bunch of clubs into the rumour to grab the extra hashtags on social media.

I've also not seen anywhere report the Hughes fee was just £4m, it has always been the initial fee rising to £8m. Just typical fans to use the lowest number when sticking the boot in. £8m with a sell on wouldn't have fit with your "might be the worst bit of business we've done", deny it all you like but we both know it's true.....by the way I can think of a hell of a lot more deals that were worse, in and out.

If you give out the ffs, expect some ffs back when you get your knickers in a twist. Theres always a straw that breaks the camels back, tonight you win some internet points for triggering me. ? 

A fee of £4 million or whatever for Hughes whether it's with add ons or not was just criminal and Derby were rightly criticised both by their fans and by neutrals fir letting him go so cheaply. 

Looks  like Derby may have learned their lesson and won't be caught with pants down over Vydra. Let's hope so anyway. 

Archived