Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a £7 million figure has been mooted (I'd doubt the Mirror would know, tbf), perhaps it's just the upfront portion, with secondary monies and add-ons to follow. Mel hasn't ended up where he is by being a fool with his cash despite the endless moaning from some quarters of this forum. 

Maybe we could just hold our tongues until a clearer view of what may or may not be happening emerges, or at least not start rubbishing the club and owner on the basis of something printed in a rag I'd personally not use to wipe my arse ?

The only way I would sell for £7m is with another player as part of the deal and with clauses re extra money for promotion and a sell on clause. £7m only would be akin to a fire sale ? Mel is a business man he knows he is not running pound land 

£7m would be a real kick in the balls but the problem with us is other clubs know we need to sell to buy so that drops the price of our players. It’s ok people reeling off names of other striker who have gone for £15m+ but these players weren’t being touted around by their clubs. We’re starting on the back foot in negotioans from the get go.

The fee will be undisclosed.

Those who wish the moan will assume the fee is the lowest they've seen quoted by any source (£7m), just like they did with Hughes (£4m) & Ince (£8m).

Those who wish to defend the club will assume the fee is the highest they've seen quoted by any source, just like they did with Hughes (£8m rising to £10m per John Percy/Owen Bradley) & Ince (£9m rising to £11m per Sky).

Every time Vydra scores a goal, those that wish to moan will quote the lowest figure and those who wish to defend the club will quote the highest figure.

This will carry on for the rest of Vydra's football career, unless his form tails off (Hendrick, Ince) at which point the transfer fee will never be mentioned ever again.

Meanwhile Derby County will carry on, and we'll all find the next "superstar" to put on a pedestal.

3 hours ago, admira said:

Sadly I can believe it. As a club, we’ve an odd habit of selling our prize assets for peanuts. Happened with Rioch, Davison, Sturridge, Huddlestone, Rasiak, Riggott, Commons, Hughes etc 

Do we have an odd habit of selling them for peanuts or do we have a recurring theme of holding onto them for too long so that expectation doesn't meet reality?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Saunders, Seth Johnson, Christian Dailly and Jeff Hendrick that we've sold at the absolute peak of their powers and got decent market value. 

We have that opportunity with Vydra this summer as he's off the back of a 20+ goal season. 

Others we've generally held onto for 6-12 months too long. Martin being the classic example. Sell him off the back of a 20 goals season and you get decent money. Try and sell him off the back of not getting picked and a goal drought... Guess what... The price goes down...as does the demand. 

Look at other clubs... They cash in when the player is at a peak. Peterborough consistently, forest with Assombalonga, Leeds selling Wood. But if Derby do that we consider them to be in financial crisis! 

Maybe its all because we're far too emotionally involved but in reality it's not any different to basic supply and demand. If several clubs want Vydra the price goes up. It's already inflated off the back of a good season. If we get £15million it's a good deal. The gamble is if we keep him until Christmas and he scores 12 or so first half of the season you could get £18m because the fees are generally higher as clubs are more desperate. This season teams are taking a gamble prior to the season kicking off so it will be interesting.  There's not looking at 4-6 games to the end of Sept and then bringing in what you need. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

£7m would be a real kick in the balls but the problem with us is other clubs know we need to sell to buy so that drops the price of our players. It’s ok people reeling off names of other striker who have gone for £15m+ but these players weren’t being touted around by their clubs. We’re starting on the back foot in negotioans from the get go.

How do you know he's being touted around? You think Derby have sent an email to all clubs saying we need cash... How much will you offer for Vydra. This is second tier English football with a prize higher than most in football. You make it sound like we're stood outside cash converters with a robbed mobile trying to get enough money together to buy some Spice. 

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe the reported 8 million we paid was slightly over exaggerated.

If we sold for 7 after signing for 8 at the end of him finishing top scorer Mel Morris would have to be totally insane or our financial situation is dire.

I thought that !

12 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

£7m for Vydra, in this market, might be the worst bit of business we’ve ever done. Maybe even worse than the Hughes fee. 

Ffs Derby. 

I get what you’re saying.

4 million for Hughesy seems shocking but I think it’s nearer 8?

7 million for Vyds would also seem daft,but I doubt it being that.

I think we’ve had our pants took down a lot more with incomings than outgoings.

Even with the incomings say Camara,Blackman,Johnson,Butters etc,I’ve thought they were good and needed at the time but have turned out to be poor value in terms of a return on fees and wages but at the time they seemed like they should be good.

I understand your frustration but I don’t think that article is anything but a full of poo statement.

13 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I understand your frustration but I don’t think that article is anything but a full of poo statement.

Which one, the £7m or the now edited significant profit on the £8m we paid?

BREAKING NEWS: Footballer could be sold if the club can make a significant profit.

I should have been a journalist, I could pump this out all day long. Would love to know if there are any Derby players at all which wouldn’t be available if a significant profit could be made on them.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Which one, the £7m or the now edited significant profit on the £8m we paid?

BREAKING NEWS: Footballer could be sold if the club can make a significant profit.

I should have been a journalist, I could pump this out all day long. Would love to know if there are any Derby players at all which wouldn’t be available if a significant profit could be made on them.

Original story for 7 million,I took that as a number plucked out of thin air with no evidence to back it up.

Anybody can go if it’s a good deal for the club.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Looks like the Mirror have changed (edited) their story ? “ffs”

1AA9A683-D6B3-4332-8062-F6952A68ACEF.png

There's some bloke over at the Mirror probably having a good laugh at the meltdown some had over this fee. 

Papers like to sensationalise, what better way that to pretend we'll lowball than see the ensuing media panic 

11 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Dear Mr M Morris.

For the love of all that is holy.  DO NOT sell the division's leading goal scorer for a penny less than £12m upfront with add ons.  Anything less is a massive mistake.

Best regards,

Upset About A Clickbait News Story Derby Fans

FTFY

Archived