Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Keep him even if he doesnt fit Franks formation?

Pick a formation that suits the players you have.

4 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Whilst I like him and he scored all those goals last season he also moped about the pitch a lot, he’s one of those players imo that when not scoring can be a weak link in a key position.

sell for maximum value and reinvest it in a winger and a younger number 9.

Sell him as long as we can keep the moped for Huddlestone to get about a bit more

I think we will struggle to get over £10m.  Here's why...

1. Vydra has already had one shot at the Premier League... and some people will see him as not good enough. Promoted clubs will be wary and not want to risk too much cash.
  2. Looking at last Summer, promoted & bottom-half Premier clubs spent around £30-40m each. We are asking them to spend around a third of their entire budget on a single player who 'didn't cut it' last time.  They won't bid that much UNLESS we have the guts to hang to the end of the window and wait for someone to get desperate.
  3. But we don't want to hang on to the end of the window... because of FFP, Frank needs the incoming cash to fund his own transfers.
  4. Which means the best chance of a sale is to one of the relegated teams, or someone like Leeds... because in this league, Vydra is proven & guarantees goals.

So if it's true that Leeds are offering £8m +  a left back that we fancy anyway, then that might be as good a deal as we can get.

On 10/06/2018 at 10:13, Topram said:

So fat Ross went for 15 million? Chris wood 17 million? We payed 8 million for Vydra we’ve just turned him into the top goal scorer we must be asking for 12/15 million 

Wood was £15 million...Gray went for £17 million, according to BFC.

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah. While thinking about selling Vydra I was wondering just that point.

How many strikers could we have sold a the 'right time' and made a big profit but for various reasons held on to them too long. I know I'm a Martin fanboy but it would be pointless selling a striker of his ability for the value he'd now command after two seasons of being 'ignored' and not played. Sell Vydra now, he's not *that* necessary to the team.

It's a hindsight view but dean sturridge was a prime example of this.

Could have got a lot of money for him, but we held onto him and his form and value went downhill fast!

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It's a hindsight view but dean sturridge was a prime example of this.

Could have got a lot of money for him, but we held onto him and his form and value went downhill fast!

And was it Hulse we nearly got £3m for but he didn't want to go?

Edit: and of course we could have got quite a few million for Chrissie before Pearson and Rowett pissed about with him!

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And was it Hulse we nearly got £3m for but he didn't want to go?

Edit: and of course we could have got quite a few million for Chrissie before Pearson and Rowett pissed about with him!

Agreed. I am happy enough to sell Vydra for the right price, 12-15 million.

Its amazing to think that we got  £5,350,000 for Chistian Dailly when we sold him the Blackburn Rovers 20 years ago.

20 years ago £5,350,000 was considered a lot of money.

I would have liked to see Vydra played in his favoured position for a whole season something that GR didn't do, Ramage isn't often right but he was about Vydra, 12 -15 million seems a good price if we have decided to sell him.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I think we will struggle to get over £10m.  Here's why...

1. Vydra has already had one shot at the Premier League... and some people will see him as not good enough. Promoted clubs will be wary and not want to risk too much cash.
  2. Looking at last Summer, promoted & bottom-half Premier clubs spent around £30-40m each. We are asking them to spend around a third of their entire budget on a single player who 'didn't cut it' last time.  They won't bid that much UNLESS we have the guts to hang to the end of the window and wait for someone to get desperate.
  3. But we don't want to hang on to the end of the window... because of FFP, Frank needs the incoming cash to fund his own transfers.
  4. Which means the best chance of a sale is to one of the relegated teams, or someone like Leeds... because in this league, Vydra is proven & guarantees goals.

So if it's true that Leeds are offering £8m +  a left back that we fancy anyway, then that might be as good a deal as we can get.

I think that ince had struggled to make it in the premier before that didn’t stop Huddersfield paying £11 million for him. Vydra would be worth more than that as the top scorer in the championship last year.  Any of the teams going from championship to prem or vice Versa would be interested in him . Plus Leeds according to reports but can they really afford him? 

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Wood was £15 million...Gray went for £17 million, according to BFC.

I think both of those are a little more flexible. Aside from goal scoring ability, the price of a striker is also dependent on how you can utilise them and in what system.

Vydra is only a £14m (for example) player when played as a number 10 in a counterattacking system.

As a wide forward, a lone striker or a striker expected to dictate play, he’s not even worth an eight-figure fee because he isn’t very good in those types of roles.

Wood for instance you could utilise as part of a direct team in a front two, or in a 4411 linking with a number 10, or in a 433 as a lone forward being used as a pivot - more flexibility allows for a higher asking price.

We overpaid for Vydra at the start, coming off a poor season at Reading. But that’s no surprise, we overpaid for a number of players over the past few years. Anya, B Johnson and Butterfield for a combined £15m is criminal.

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think that ince had struggled to make it in the premier before that didn’t stop Huddersfield paying £11 million for him. Vydra would be worth more than that as the top scorer in the championship last year.  Any of the teams going from championship to prem or vice Versa would be interested in him . Plus Leeds according to reports but can they really afford him? 

True however Ince came down to us and scored over ten goals in consecutive seasons as a Winger.

Vydra has had one good season this year so there is a higher risk involved 

3 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

True however Ince came down to us and scored over ten goals in consecutive seasons as a Winger.

Vydra has had one good season this year so there is a higher risk involved 

Ince is also a much, much better player IMO. I would say Lawrence is a better footballer than Vydra too, but both are behind Ince in that regard. 

I don't understand why people. Are speculating on this other than pure boredom. 

The newspaper links to Leeds haven't come from anyone remotely credible. More than one link us with a swap with Tom Pearce... A player who signed a new 4 year contract on the 7th June. We're also be chatised for doing terrible business when the made up fee of £10m is not enough. 

I can't wait for the world Cup to start... I don't like the world Cup... It just gives dreadful journalists something else to actually write about.  Look at it without specifics...

A team is going to sell the leagues top goal scorer to a mid table side in the same league who have no manager but in order to complete the transfer they will spend more money than they have on a single transfer in the last 16 years. And to smooth the wheels they'll throw in their highly rates full back who's value is higher than ever having just played in the Toulon final... Oh and he just signed a new 4 year contract. 

Roald Dahl couldn't write it.

58 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I don't understand why people. Are speculating on this other than pure boredom. 

The newspaper links to Leeds haven't come from anyone remotely credible. More than one link us with a swap with Tom Pearce... A player who signed a new 4 year contract on the 7th June. We're also be chatised for doing terrible business when the made up fee of £10m is not enough. 

I can't wait for the world Cup to start... I don't like the world Cup... It just gives dreadful journalists something else to actually write about.  Look at it without specifics...

A team is going to sell the leagues top goal scorer to a mid table side in the same league who have no manager but in order to complete the transfer they will spend more money than they have on a single transfer in the last 16 years. And to smooth the wheels they'll throw in their highly rates full back who's value is higher than ever having just played in the Toulon final... Oh and he just signed a new 4 year contract. 

Roald Dahl couldn't write it.

To be fair, he wrote a story involving a bunch of kids being variously bumped off in a variety of chocolate related disasters in the otherworldly place of business of a megalomaniac dwarf-slave owning confectionary magnate.

I reckon he could have come up with a mildly unlikely transfer rumour.

Anyroad up. As you were.

28 minutes ago, needles said:

To be fair, he wrote a story involving a bunch of kids being variously bumped off in a variety of chocolate related disasters in the otherworldly place of business of a megalomaniac dwarf-slave owning confectionary magnate.

I reckon he could have come up with a mildly unlikely transfer rumour.

Anyroad up. As you were.

He could have made it more real by having the owner sell fridges.

Archived