Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Alright David, steady on. You've very kindly taken my "FFS Derby" and somehow extrapolated from it exactly what I'm feeling/implying in it. 

For what it's worth, I'm not sticking the boot into the club. Nor do I even really believe that he'll go for that kind of price. It's just an umbrella-type way of getting frustrated at the possibility of us getting royally shafted in the transfer market yet again.

I think you probably know that as well, but don't let that stop you having a /rant at me. 

My rant was a general one, but these posts are in my sights, if this isn't putting the boot into the club what is?

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

£7m for Vydra, in this market, might be the worst bit of business we’ve ever done. Maybe even worse than the Hughes fee. 

Ffs Derby. 

Might it be? How so as It's not business that's been done is it, it's a tabloid rumour.

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We sold Will Hughes for £4m though, Dychey ? 

Here you go again, but this time picking bits from the press that put weight behind the boot into the club.

The reported fee was £8m with add ons and a sell on fee. IF true, that could potentially see us into double figures if Hughes is the player he's made out to be. Hopefully so. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

My rant was a general one, but these posts are in my sights, if this isn't putting the boot into the club what is?

Might it be? How so as It's not business that's been done is it, it's a tabloid rumour.

Here you go again, but this time picking bits from the press that put weight behind the boot into the club.

The reported fee was £8m with add ons and a sell on fee.  IF true, that could potentially see us into double figures if Hughes is the player he's made out to be. Hopefully so. 

1) I think you know I'm saying "FFS Derby" as a generalistic term of frustration at news relating to our club, as opposed to "sticking the boot in" and "throwing a hissy fit", but as I said, don't let that stop you making a "general" point quite clearing aimed at myself, using my comment as your example. I'm not surprised to see it.

2) I think the term "might be" makes that point fairly clear, no? It might be the worst bit of business we've ever done. It's not happened yet, so I can't say that it is. I'm saying it might be if it does happen.

3) Here I go again? Come on. How dare I make a point to support my argument. It's not like this is a debate or something. It's been reported at both £4m and £8m by numerous sources and you know that. In fact I think most reported that it was £4m rising to £8m? And even if it is £8m - that's still a shocking amount of money to receive for a player of his talent.  

You paint me out to be one of those fans who criticises the club at every opportunity if you want, that's your prerogative - I personally think that's unfair.

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

1) I think you know I'm saying "FFS Derby" as a generalistic term of frustration at news relating to our club, as opposed to "sticking the boot in" and "throwing a hissy fit", but as I said, don't let that stop you making a "general" point quite clearing aimed at myself, using my comment as your example. I'm not surprised to see it.

2) I think the term "might be" makes that point fairly clear, no? It might be the worst bit of business we've ever done. It's not happened yet, so I can't say that it is. I'm saying it might be if it does happen.

3) Here I go again? Come on. How dare I make a point to support my argument. It's not like this is a debate or something. It's been reported at both £4m and £8m by numerous sources and you know that. In fact I think most reported that it was £4m rising to £8m? And even if it is £8m - that's still a shocking amount of money to receive for a player of his talent.  

You paint me out to be one of those fans who criticises the club at every opportunity if you want, that's your prerogative - I personally think that's unfair.

Straw that broke the camels back thats all. This thread is full of it, and if you look above I actually replied to another member before yours in a similar manner if you think my /rant was aimed at just you. 

It's every single transfer window now, maybe I'm getting old but it's getting tedious watching these red tops wind you all like toys to feed their click grabbing ways.

I don't get any frustration you could have because the Mirror print a few lines "ffs", it's strange to say the very least. You've written before, you must know how it all works, chuck a bunch of clubs into the rumour to grab the extra hashtags on social media.

I've also not seen anywhere report the Hughes fee was just £4m, it has always been the initial fee rising to £8m. Just typical fans to use the lowest number when sticking the boot in. £8m with a sell on wouldn't have fit with your "might be the worst bit of business we've done", deny it all you like but we both know it's true.....by the way I can think of a hell of a lot more deals that were worse, in and out.

If you give out the ffs, expect some ffs back when you get your knickers in a twist. Theres always a straw that breaks the camels back, tonight you win some internet points for triggering me. ? 

3 minutes ago, David said:

If you give out the ffs, expect some ffs back when you get your knickers in a twist. Theres always a straw that breaks the camels back, tonight you win some internet points for triggering me. ? 

As a Derby fan, I'll take points however they come ? 

Good day, sir!.gif

53 minutes ago, David said:

Ffs fans

This board is to discuss transfer rumours.

This forum is for Derby fans.

What I don’t understand and it really really really boggles my mind is Derby fans ready to stick the boot into the club they support because a newspaper publishes transfer gossip.

Gossip is what it is. Not facts. 

Discuss it, the possibility of it happening, would we, could we, would they, replacements, all possible without throwing a hissy fit over a bit of column filling gossip with nothing to back up the numbers they are quoting.

This is the 19th transfer window the forum has been online for, there is 1235 topics in this board. We don’t need Rachel Riley in here to work out that a lot of that is either balls/didn’t happen.

Ffs fans, grrrrr,

/rant

Ffs David. 

You were doing so well until you popped a rachel riley in......and balls in the same sentence.

I'm going to have to go for a lie down!!!!!

Can't we stick to ludicrous and patently made up headlines?

?

Can't believe everyone's getting so hyped up about the price ! It's come from the Daily Mirror , they talk as much poo as the rest of the tabloids. We will never no the actual price , but if the club get one they determine as a fair price and it makes sense all round why the big drama. If we come out of this transfer window with a stronger squad and in a stronger financial position then what will all the hysteria be about. Some drama queens out there I tell you.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Can't believe everyone's getting so hyped up about the price ! It's come from the Daily Mirror , they talk as much poo as the rest of the tabloids. We will never no the actual price , but if the club get one they determine as a fair price and it makes sense all round why the big drama. If we come out of this transfer window with a stronger squad and in a stronger financial position then what will all the hysteria be about. Some drama queens out there I tell you.

Exactly. Only takes a hack from a tabloid newspaper that's only fit for bog paper to get some gullible fans believing their tittle tattle. 

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I usher this post above, the mirror are hardly credible and have probably just canned on to the fact that Vydra is available. 

It's a funny one. Many on this forum find them to be quite credible when they like the story in question...

I don't mind us cashing in on Vydra. He's our only asset that can fetch a substantial amount of money. 

But to sign a player for £8 million. He become top scorer in the division and then to sell him for £7 million would make no sense whatsoever. That price cannot be true. It has to be ********. 

Anything £12 million plus then we need to consider it. Even that isn't a lot in the madness which is today's market. 

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't mind us cashing in on Vydra. He's our only asset that can fetch a substantial amount of money. 

But to sign a player for £8 million. He become top scorer in the division and then to sell him for £7 million would make no sense whatsoever. That price cannot be true. It has to be ********. 

Anything £12 million plus then we need to consider it. Even that isn't a lot in the madness which is today's market. 

Nail on the head - can anyone honestly see Mel selling for 7m when we bought him for 8m and turned him into the leagues top scorer? 

Tabloid garbage imo, either that or we do actually deserve to be up against FFP with such seemingly daft financial decisions.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If someone offered £7m for Vydra a year ago, we'd have snapped their hand off. 

Funny how football can change.

It’s a risk either way. If we keep him and he has a poor season, his value will plummet and we’d be asking why we didn’t sell him.

I saw on sky sports that Monaco rejected a 90 million bid from arsenal and Liverpool in the summer  and January for Thomas Lemar but now are selling him to Atletico Madrid for around 53 million. It’s a big risk to hold onto players too long.

Archived