Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can easily afford both. Butland will leave for 30-35 million, Allen will leave for 10-15 million. Shaqiri will also leave, although the exact figure is up for debate as some people are saying that he has a 13 million release clause. If that’s not true, they could easily get 20-25 million for him. Then you have the likes of Affellay, Bojan, Geoff Cameron, Sobhi, Wimmer and Martin’s Indi who will also be likely to leave. Stoke could easily have 100 million in their bank from sales + parachute payments. Massive rebuild needed there though as Rowett isn’t a big enough name to tempt them to stay.

15 hours ago, Waffle said:

Bojan on his day can do what Vydra does.

15 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Does Bojan ex Barcelona want play in the championship ?

15 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

To be fair, it could be the perfect opportunity for him to rebuild his career

Can we have Affelay as well please?

Signings like that would bring my excitement back with a bang - Like when we signed Kinkladze 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Can we have Affelay as well please?

Signings like that would bring my excitement back with a bang - Like when we signed Kinkladze 

Read a brilliant article on Bojan recently about mental health. My respect for him went through the roof

50 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Afobe In advanced talks with stoke so don’t think they’ll be in for Vyds

Wierd one. 

I guess that means Growett aint gonna come knocking for Jerome. 

It's a wierd one with Vydra I'd be happy if he stays and also as happy if he goes. As a footballer individually i really rate him , but it's hard to fit him into a team sometimes , unless you play with a 10 or a 2 up front it's hard to fit him in to be fully effective. He doesn't really fit in any system where you play a front 3.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

It's a wierd one with Vydra I'd be happy if he stays and also as happy if he goes. As a footballer individually i really rate him , but it's hard to fit him into a team sometimes , unless you play with a 10 or a 2 up front it's hard to fit him in to be fully effective. He doesn't really fit in any system where you play a front 3.

Same feelings and same reasonings. I'd really like to see us return to front three, so selling would slightly be my preferred move.

11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Didn’t Vydra play in a front 3 at Watford with Deeney and Forestieri?

Mind you, I’ve not fit Anya in there... ?

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Agreed. It's strange saying you don't mind him leaving when he's the leagues top goalscorer but I just feel that he only fits in 1 system and that system doesn't really suit the rest of the squad.

23 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Agreed. It's strange saying you don't mind him leaving when he's the leagues top goalscorer but I just feel that he only fits in 1 system and that system doesn't really suit the rest of the squad.

Wether or not Lampard can adapt a style to suit may be a different case .

Archived