Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think we picked up an extra point in the reverse fixtures - Including taking 3 points from Forest in the home fixture - A game many remember fondly

That includes the defining game of the season for me as well - Burnley away where we had more of the ball, played the better football, got Martin sent off for a dive which wasn't a dive and still seemed to play better than them with 10 men - Could have gone within a point of them (I think?) and the following games we seem unable to shake off the shadow of disappointment at not getting close to them

True that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think we picked up an extra point in the reverse fixtures - Including taking 3 points from Forest in the home fixture - A game many remember fondly

That includes the defining game of the season for me as well - Burnley away where we had more of the ball, played the better football, got Martin sent off for a dive which wasn't a dive and still seemed to play better than them with 10 men - Could have gone within a point of them (I think?) and the following games we seem unable to shake off the shadow of disappointment at not getting close to them

Robert Madley. see you next Tuesday.

Anyroadup...rumour our way is that Matty is boxing up the house ready to move.

Might be rubbish, but it'd preclude Stoke you'd think.

PistoldPete2
12 minutes ago, needles said:

Anyroadup...rumour our way is that Matty is boxing up the house ready to move.

Might be rubbish, but it'd preclude Stoke you'd think.

I don't think vydra would want to go to stoke... Rowett was dropping him at the end and it didn't seems vydra was a fan of  rowett's hoofball. Maybe wolves might be in for him? Or West Ham? 

3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

In your opinion! 

Yes we did win lots of matches, but some teams worked out how to negate Martin's influence on the game, and in not only my opinion but lots of others (managers/coaches/ex players/pundits) this meant us being unable to break teams down. 

Either way, agree or disagree the system and team were not good enough for promotion!

During Mac's first reign the top 3 teams in the whole country points wise Chelsea, Man City and Derby. I can't remember the order they were in but that was the top 3.

If teams had worked out how to stop us how did we win so many games? And still keep winning games? It is such an easy throw away line when a team has a bit of a bad run. 

10 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Is Vydra injured, not involved in any of Czech Republic's friendly games recently. If we are thinking of selling being involved and playing well would increase his value abit more. 

He hasn't been involved with the Czech Republic since 2016 I don't think

On 06/06/2018 at 12:22, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you are being ridiculous, obviously we judge the season on being promoted. This wasn't a team in progress, it was set up for achieving promotion ……………… and we didn't secure automatic promotion ……….. and failed to score in the playoff final!

We did not miss out on promotion due to one mistake, we didn't get automatic and also if we hadn't made the mistake (by arguably one of our most dependable players) we wouldn't have got promoted, we didn't score.

Some people

Really? 

phone growett. Offer him lawrence and huddz. Keep vydra for another year until our losses force yet another sale, then another sale, then  another sale......etc 

Please don’t sell Vydra to another championship club derby, especially leeds! All for selling him if we need money which we clearly do, but surely a prem club will come calling at a bit more than the 10 million talked about there. If not we’re better off keeping him imo, struggle to replace him without bringing in more than that.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If not we’re better off keeping him imo, struggle to replace him without bringing in more than that.

We’ve not struggled to score before Vydra, and we won’t if we sell him. He’s a good one to cash in on imo. 

Archived