Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Granted we don’t know what system we are likely to play with Lampard but I would take a guess at 433, potentially making Vydra less important to our side. I really like him and rate him highly, but if we aren’t going to be playing to his strengths we need to make sure we get a big fee for him now whilst his stock is still high. 10 million isn’t enough for me 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We’ve not struggled to score before Vydra, and we won’t if we sell him. He’s a good one to cash in on imo. 

But who will replace his goals in our current team? There’s no one there who I could trust to get the goals we need, imagine where we’d have been without Vydra last season? Not denying if we can get enough money in he’s a good one to sell, but it’ll be expensive to bring in another player to replace him so we need the right price.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But who will replace his goals in our current team? There’s no one there who I could trust to get the goals we need, imagine where we’d have been without Vydra last season? Not denying if we can get enough money in he’s a good one to sell, but it’ll be expensive to bring in another player to replace him so we need the right price.

Lawrence played in Vdra's position would've scored a few. Perhaps not as many, but 12 months ago no one saw Vydra being the division's top scorer either.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lawrence played in Vdra's position would've scored a few. Perhaps not as many, but 12 months ago no one saw Vydra being the division's top scorer either.

That would appear the best option, but it’s still a risk. And either way up we’d then need to replace Lawrence in the wide positions as well, whatever happens we’re gonna need someone in. Can’t deny we need to sell him to sort out ffp, but surely to god a prem club would want the championships top goal scorer, you’d think?

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But who will replace his goals in our current team? There’s no one there who I could trust to get the goals we need, imagine where we’d have been without Vydra last season? Not denying if we can get enough money in he’s a good one to sell...

Who would score? Hmmm...

Jerome, Nugent, Lawrence, Martin, Zanzala(?), some midfielders, etc depending on how we play.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

As well as Jerome did in the final few games, don’t forget the rest of his spell. If  Vydra goes we are definitely two forwards short 

I know Jerome was iffy, but if he gets a good preseason, but there’s the base of a decent strike force plus a loanee or lower league signing? Plus a Lampard-esque midfielder? 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I know Jerome was iffy, but if he gets a good preseason, but there’s the base of a decent strike force plus a loanee or lower league signing? Plus a Lampard-esque midfielder? 

I hope you’re right, because he was so good towards the end of the season. But I can’t see Lampard playing to his strengths 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I hope you’re right, because he was so good towards the end of the season. But I can’t see Lampard playing to his strengths 

Need a Plan B! ? I think Vydra is the easiest to replace and the highest value in the squad. Depending on how we set up will determine where the goals come from.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

So fat Ross went for 15 million? Chris wood 17 million? We payed 8 million for Vydra we’ve just turned him into the top goal scorer we must be asking for 12/15 million 

Unless we really are desperate.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who would score? Hmmm...

Jerome, Nugent, Lawrence, Martin, Zanzala(?), some midfielders, etc depending on how we play.

I wouldn’t personally trust any of them to get the goals Vydra did to be honest. Jerome and Nugent are a bit past it now to be relied upon, Martin has barely scored for 2 years and I’m not convinced zanzala is ever gonna make it to be honest. Lawrence is probably the best bet, but we’re hedging our bets a lot there. As SDSR says, we’re already one forward short, we’d be two if Vydra went. Not a problem if we can afford a replacement, but can we? None of us really know but the media seem to be suggesting to the contrary.

If this Pearce is good enough to be our number 1 left back displacing the others and the rest of the money went to creative forwards (2of) Marriott, Maddison, Dack or a loan like Hudson odoi/mount it could be a very good deal.

still seems a bit low depending on the valuation put on Pearce 

Archived