Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

On 11/06/2018 at 14:16, RoyMac5 said:

And was it Hulse we nearly got £3m for but he didn't want to go?

Edit: and of course we could have got quite a few million for Chrissie before Pearson and Rowett pissed about with him!

Still rankles me that we received £1,050,000 for Hulse AND Commons

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 mil?! Taking the piss man, surely to god we can get more than that! When was the last time the championships top goal scorer was available so cheap? The prices being banded around for the likes of bobby Reid mean he’s at least worth 15m surely, at the very minimum. Get selling him if he’s on that much, but let’s hope we’re a little more pushy than 7m...

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

The link above has Lampard ready to sell Vydra for 7 million

If we really make a loss on the top scorer in the league I'm off to watch cricket for a few years until Mel has gone. It's so silly that you see deals like Murphy to Cardiff for £11 million and we're likely to sell Vydra for less. Heck, look at Norwich and Maddison. He's younger than Vydra sure, but this is his breakout season and they've stuck a £25 million price tag on him. Vydra, playing in the same/similar position to him, was the top scorer and has performed well regularly at this level, but we're rumoured to be selling him for cheap 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

What other team would sign a player for 8 million make them into the Championships top scorer then sell him for less???? 

Even Bolton, who had real financial problems managed to get £6 million and make huge profit on Madine after he scored 10 goals in nearly 30 games. And Villa, who are in a much worse situation than us, have stuck a £40 million valuation on Grealish ?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Derbys negotiation team.. stuck in 2005 along with most the first team

About time for another gentle reminder that the red tops don't get everything right,  before you twist those little knickers like it's 2005, wooooosah and wait. 

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Even Bolton, who had real financial problems managed to get £6 million and make huge profit on Madine after he scored 10 goals in nearly 30 games. And Villa, who are in a much worse situation than us, have stuck a £40 million valuation on Grealish ?

Exactly hahahaha 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

£7m for Vydra, in this market, might be the worst bit of business we’ve ever done. Maybe even worse than the Hughes fee. 

Ffs Derby. 

Ffs fans

This board is to discuss transfer rumours.

This forum is for Derby fans.

What I don’t understand and it really really really boggles my mind is Derby fans ready to stick the boot into the club they support because a newspaper publishes transfer gossip.

Gossip is what it is. Not facts. 

Discuss it, the possibility of it happening, would we, could we, would they, replacements, all possible without throwing a hissy fit over a bit of column filling gossip with nothing to back up the numbers they are quoting.

This is the 19th transfer window the forum has been online for, there is 1235 topics in this board. We don’t need Rachel Riley in here to work out that a lot of that is either balls/didn’t happen.

Ffs fans, grrrrr,

/rant

8 minutes ago, David said:

Ffs fans

This board is to discuss transfer rumours.

This forum is for Derby fans.

What I don’t understand and it really really really boggles my mind is Derby fans ready to stick the boot into the club they support because a newspaper publishes transfer gossip.

Gossip is what it is. Not facts. 

Discuss it, the possibility of it happening, would we, could we, would they, replacements, all possible without throwing a hissy fit over a bit of column filling gossip with nothing to back up the numbers they are quoting.

This is the 19th transfer window the forum has been online for, there is 1235 topics in this board. We don’t need Rachel Riley in here to work out that a lot of that is either balls/didn’t happen.

Ffs fans, grrrrr,

/rant

Alright David, steady on. You've very kindly taken my "FFS Derby" and somehow extrapolated from it exactly what I'm feeling/implying in it. 

For what it's worth, I'm not sticking the boot into the club. Nor do I even really believe that he'll go for that kind of price. It's just an umbrella-type way of getting frustrated at the possibility of us getting royally shafted in the transfer market yet again.

I think you probably know that as well, but don't let that stop you having a /rant at me. 

Archived