If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Contractual guff takes an age at a business at the best of times, so this is perfectly normal. Both parties want to get the deal done. 

Dont panic ???

But can't be rushed, otherwise you end up with unintended (or intended but not advantageous to yourself) situations wich are contractual obligations

Possibly not long left then and we could see Lamps confirmed as new manager.

That means you haven't got much time to decide if Frank will be an incredible manager or it's a terrible decision that will ruin the club.

Unfortunately, you then have to stick with that decision forever, regardless how things play out on the field.

It can get tricky, especially if you are a prophet of doom and we start doing well. Best thing here is to avoid the forum during these periods, then return as soon as we have a bad result, ignoring previous form. You'll probably be shot down for this, so it's a good idea to have a different strategy beyond results.

Suddenly becoming passionate about the style of play is useful. A defensive team is boring, a more attacking team can be weak at the back with no plan B.

You can end up looking a bit foolish in the long term, for instance you yearn for a different approach that you were against in the past, but few people will remember this.

Good luck everyone, hope you make what turns out to the be the right decision.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I would have thought that it's his tv contracts that need sorting out and that's whats holding up the deal. I think the deal with us has been agreed and just waiting on the turnout  with regards his media commitments. imo.

Could be. I can't believe Mel would want him in Russia for a month covering the World Cup when he should be sorting out the Rams squad and getting to know them.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

'Possibly not long left then and we could see Lamps confirmed as new manager.

That means you haven't got much time to decide if Frank will be an incredible manager or it's a terrible decision that will ruin the club.

Unfortunately, you then have to stick with that decision forever, regardless how things play out on the field.

It can get tricky, especially if you are a prophet of doom and we start doing well. Best thing here is to avoid the forum during these periods, then return as soon as we have a bad result, ignoring previous form. You'll probably be shot down for this, so it's a good idea to have a different strategy beyond results.

Suddenly becoming passionate about the style of play is useful. A defensive team is boring, a more attacking team can be weak at the back with no plan B.

You can end up looking a bit foolish in the long term, for instance you yearn for a different approach that you were against in the past, but few people will remember this.

Good luck everyone, hope you make what turns out to the be the right decision.

He won't be here long anyway - this is Derby. Clough Jnr lasted 231 games. The six managers after him lasted 249 games between them.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Unless he changed he was wearing the same when I saw him as someone posted him arriving at Derby for talks yesterday 

Did you see him yesterday Topram? Where was that then?

#Whopper

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Down to London!

Pedantic me but if Top Ram is a train driver Angie then it’s ‘up to London’..... I know I know sounds crazy but let’s not go there. You’re still the best angie and I have you down second favourite to Lamps ??

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Technically speaking, no matter your geographical position you always say you're travelling up to the capital of a country...

Until you've been there and then it's always down.....

28 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Technically speaking, no matter your geographical position you always say you're travelling up to the capital of a country...

I am not sure that’s correct .. wouldn’t swear to it but if Oxbridge students got in trouble then they were “sent down” as in back to London ? 

Meanwhile ... can I take this opportunity to say “Are we nearly there yet” 

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If I travel I go down south or up north. From Sandbanks I  go up to Derby. From Derby I go down to Sandbanks. From Sandbanks I go up to London because it's geographically north of where I am.  

Sense at last! Look at the map!

Goes back to the early days of railways. It was necessary to differentiate which of two tracks was being referred to and the accepted solution was to call one the "up" line and the other one the "down" line. Quite who got to decide that all lines going away from London became the "down" line I don't know, but being the metropolis it probably made sense to adopt some system of reference.

Many of us relate to the geography (ie maps) of it all, but that could not work if you were east or west of London.

Archived