If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it is frank ( forget other candidates this threads not about that), how do derby fans feel about this week and the swap ? Who’s got best deal ,derby or stoke ?  Great management by mel or disaster?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pleased Rowett has gone and delighted Stoke paid us for the privilege, but I see absolutely no justification for the starry eyed optimism displayed by so many for Lampard. Being a top class player has little to no bearing on managerial ability.

Overall I'm ambivalent, but more positive than I was a month ago.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We've got the best deal. Because we've got a lying, arrogant, money grabbing **** out of the football club who plays football that could send an insomniac to sleep and got £2.2 million for the privilege.

Tasty!

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm pleased Rowett has gone and delighted Stoke paid us for the privilege, but I see absolutely no justification for the starry eyed optimism displayed by so many for Lampard. Being a top class player has little to no bearing on managerial ability.

Overall I'm ambivalent, but more positive than I was a month ago.

And neither does not being a top class player, i.e. Dean Smith.

Every single appointment is a complete unknown, and only months later do you know if it is working.

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

And neither does not being a top class player, i.e. Dean Smith.

Every single appointment is a complete unknown, and only months later do you know if it is working.

Yes, but regarding Dean Smith, 7 years in the job and nearly 400 professional games managed absolutely does give an indication of managerial ability.

Stoke won't get relegated and might get promoted.

We might get relegated or promoted. More rookies fail than succeed, so the odds are against us at present.

But predictions mean nothing. We won't have a clue until we've started lighting the bonfires in November, but I'm feeling very pessimistic at present.

It's a Win/Win situation and I hope it all comes off. Frank Lampard is exactly the man Derby need to bring the happiness and excitement back to the club. And Derby is an excellent club poised for greatness - perfect for Lampard to get stuck in to.

And Rowett to Stoke? Perfect. A match made in heaven. I can't think of a man and city better matched that Gary Rowett and Stoke. They Should make him mayor.

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We've got the best deal. Because we've got a lying, arrogant, money grabbing **** out of the football club who plays football that could send an insomniac to sleep and got £2.2 million for the privilege.

Spot on, we’ve took the opportunity to cash in on a guy who was clearly looking elsewhere what a ‘C you next Tuesday’

i am glad Rowett has gone.  Not a fan of his football or his personality.  Over the moon that Stoke paid us for him.  Frank is a risk, as is any appointment, but he is high profile, even if he is without experience, has valuable contacts i am sure, is an intelligent guy with ambition to make it in management.  Frankly i will take that unknown ahead of the known known that is boring snake Rowett. 

19 minutes ago, archied said:

If it is frank ( forget other candidates this threads not about that), how do derby fans feel about this week and the swap ? Who’s got best deal ,derby or stoke ?  Great management by mel or disaster?

Oddly - Despite all my whining about Lampard not being the right man for us - I'd be happy - Because I was completely fed up of spending so much money going to watch the utterly tripe kind of football Rowett had us playing

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we had brought in chippo the chimp,it would have been an improvement on rowett so lampards a great but if business!

Don't knock him at least chippo's got his UEFA Pro licence.

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I reckon even stoke fans would have prefered lampard

I have 2 Stokie friends - neither of them are particularly happy. They're not distraught, bit they're not excited. 

I suppose that's what supporting stoke is like most of the time though.

Archived