If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Dave McKay? Who he?

I remember Dave Mackay coming to the Baseball Ground to manage a team who had won the toughest League Championship in the world the previous year under the greatest management partnership ever.

He signed two truly great players to strengthen that team still further and won another league title.

Not an easy act to emulate, even for a recent and excellent England great, but you never know!

Tried to give you a double ‘love’..... maybe next time! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect lads

I have no idea what Lampard would bring to Derby?

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

yes like you get it right all the time

Well whilst we are not signed sealed or delivered just yet, I don’t think even The World Cup  (three games and we’ll be sorted?) will detract from what is potentially going to be a busy forum as well as a busy transfer window..... here’s hoping

35 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I'm pretty sure a few years back a 'pundit' at either a World Cup or Euro's had recently been appointed as a manager so was a pundit for half the tournament then left to go and be a manager - can't for the life of me remember who though. ?

Maybe Lampard will do a few weeks at the World Cup as a pundit until the players are due back for pre-season. No reason he can't do his 'homework' on the team + possible signings whilst he is away. Still got a few weeks before the World Cup to set things up here.

if he is only commentating on England he will be home in less than a fortnight anyway

23 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Sky Sports now reporting that they remain optimistic that a deal will be done. Funnily enough that makes me less optimistic.

Per Sky Sports News App: "Both parties are understood to be optimistic of reaching an agreement shortly".

The contractual agreements have to be the TV stuff - I'm not aware of that phrasing being used in other reported managerial appointments I've read about.

I feel confident that the delay is probably a bunch of legal folk sitting about making sure they get things right.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

"Sky Sports News understands a number of contractual issues still need to be addressed, but Lampard and Derby are keen to get the deal done."

Tbf that was the position yesterday. I just want it signed and photoshoot with a beaming Lampard and MM to be on twitter. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The contractual agreements have to be the TV stuff - I'm not aware of that phrasing being used in other reported managerial appointments I've read about.

I feel confident that the delay is probably a bunch of legal folk sitting about making sure they get things right.

Yep same. It doesn’t seem like either side is playing hardball by the phrasing but likely to be an external entity with who he has an existing contract with for the summer. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I know they should have signed a deal at the first stage and brought in at least 4 players by now. 

Got to tell you I hate the thought of Derby being subservient and desperate to get a deal done. 

The contract problem is that Lampard asked Mel for written confirmation of the transfer budget. Mel included it in the contract - £10. Lampard had a chuckle about the misprint and sent it back to Mel so he could add the 'million' to it. Mel's now returned it saying 'what misprint?'.

Archived