If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FFP follows whatever accounting year the club has set. DCFCs is 1st July - 30th June.

Would be daft to have two versions of the accounts, no? 

The most logical explanation for the delay would be the prior TV commitments for Lampard. And I sincerely hope Terry stays out.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

With the greatest of respect, what knowledge do you have about what Lampard has been doing since retiring, what he would be asked to do at DCFC and what vision he set out during his interview?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Anything is better than hoofball Rowett. I’d rather wax my legs and balls than watch his football ever again, he made Pulis look like Guardiola 

Results are everything though pal, dont try and tell me you would sooner get beat on a away day playing gorgeous free flowing footy than do a boring 1-0 win 

18 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Someone told me today that it won't be until.the 1st of June because of ffp,although I've no idea why that would effect it unless the ffp runs to a different financial year to everything else?

It wasn’t Pam at the till in Tesco was it that told you? She’s a liar she is, she told me that Elvis was dead last week, I told her he died ages ago, not last week. 

3 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Results are everything though pal, dont try and tell me you would sooner get beat on a away day playing gorgeous free flowing footy than do a boring 1-0 win 

Yeah we were enthralled by Roger's tactics, that's why we're all so sad he's gone and jealous of you for having Pulis.

9 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Occasionally, yes, but when you don't have an attack for 80 minutes game after game then it gets very tiresome, which is why away attendances started to go down, and those that did go ended up standing in silence all game.

Not very enjoyable when it's like that. 

If we'd gone up at the end of it, it would have all been forgotten, but we didn't, and another season of it wasn't very appetising. 

28 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

When the boring 1-0 win is the height of your ambition every single match, when there is no hope the team will ever attempt entertaining football, it becomes a hard watch. To be honest, we scored plenty of goals this season just gone, but the team was dull to watch to the point of being painful. Yeah, you take turgid 1-0 when you have to. I'm convinced next season under Rowett would have been better because the would've been better at being that kind of team, but now he has gone I'm not as annoyed as I thought i would be.

19 minutes ago, Topram said:

Coming on the Forum for updates and all I’m seeing is Boro and Norwich fans?!? 

Wrong, they're Frank fans. We're all Frank fans. Frank fans have no colours and we aren't divided based on geography.

If all the world became Frank fans there would be no more wars.

All we are saying is give Frank a chance, all we are saying is give Frank a chance.

19 minutes ago, curb said:

Occasionally, yes, but when you don't have an attack for 80 minutes game after game then it gets very tiresome, which is why away attendances started to go down, and those that did go ended up standing in silence all game.

Not very enjoyable when it's like that. 

If we'd gone up at the end of it, it would have all been forgotten, but we didn't, and another season of it wasn't very appetising. 

80 minutes is nothing, the Smoggy's hero Pulis' team didn't have an attack for 180 minutes against Villa. Sexy football.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

All this train talk  ?(is it being done to appease @Boycie?) - the guys were spotted on a motorway service station! Driving down south! 

Angie .. by accident or on purpose you hit the nail on the head. Everyone knows it’s “up north” or “darn scarf”

obvious init ?

Be interesting to see what has caused the hold up in announcing frank when betting closed on Friday and by the apparent events for the league 2 playoffs. They don’t tend to discuss it openly like he did on bt unless it’s progressed quite a bit. What could it be?

His contract? More money, longer, a clause to get out if a ‘bigger club’ comes in

Direction and style of football? ‘The derby way’

Budget and ability to develop the squad?

Last minute interest from elsewhere?

Would rather them take their time and make the right decision but something seems off to me, particularly with the tone in which Gary left aswell.

42 minutes ago, Topram said:

Coming on the Forum for updates and all I’m seeing is Boro and Norwich fans?!? 

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wrong, they're Frank fans. We're all Frank fans. Frank fans have no colours and we aren't divided based on geography.

If all the world became Frank fans there would be no more wars.

All we are saying is give Frank a chance, all we are saying is give Frank a chance.

Love it sees no colours. And the whole world loves Frank.

Doesn't Southgate/England have a presser scheduled for tomorrow?

Makes sense to do Frank's unveiling on the same day, at a different time obviously, while the majority of the press are only a few miles away at St George's park?

Maximum coverage assured, not sure the FA will be too happy at being overshadowed though.

Then the Saga journalists involved can make the short hop down Brian Clough way for Dawson's unveiling.

Archived