If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In that IQ test thing that was quoted, way back when Frank was first mooted, as evidence of Frank not being thick, they said Terry was third highest in the squad tested. So maybe uneducated rather than thick?

I've met very intelligent uneducated people, and, a few with degrees who are flat out think.

It's a funny old world like that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

John Terry, a man I have despised throughout his football career, will be most welcome at my club if he proves a success.

I couldn't care less about his past, we all grow up, my favourite saying as a teen was 'god made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve', not because I was anti gay but because I thought it was funny. Thankfully I grew up and never mutter things like that.

John Terry seemed to do well with Didier Drogba, Claude Makelele and Essien which suggests he doesn't have a problem against black people.

Well to top it off Terry did play for the treetards you know 

Apart from being on me hols I’ve been quiet cos I’m not sure what to make of all this. 

On balance & with the uninspiring list of available managers this might turn out to be not actually batshit bonkers. I just hope the fans are willing to go along for the ride as I am starting to. 

18 minutes ago, irobinson said:

can people stop taking about JT on here - not the thread

Whatever his mistakes we need to get behind him if he comes...which I doubt we can afford anyway.

To be honest..if it got us promoted I'd probably support having Dr Crippen as the physio.

25 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Cant stop drinkin tonight!!! announcement tomoz - how exciting!!!!

Yes it is, I am a little concerned I haven’t see a “Sky Sports sources understands...on SSN which you usually get when something’s close to completion.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was nothing juicy, just things that to me proved the source knew a bit about what was what inside the club. 

Probably not surprising but apparently Rowett had even less interest in the academy than Clement did.

Club are looking to get wage bill down to £18m.

Nothing groundbreaking there I guess but another couple of things (nothing saucy) but I couldnt say in case not true! 

Is it not £35 Million at the moment ? That's some cut ! 

I dunno about this thread, the original question, would you be happy with Frank Lampard ? Man alive, the responses have been pretty wide ranging, some very good comments too... some out of left field. I read as many forums and news reports as I can and there must be some folk on here very well informed. Just where does the Harry Redknapp link come from apart from them being related ? I mean, he`s a football man for sure but he effectively retired years ago didn`t he ? As for John Terry, is that just guess work or just putting two and two together ? I`d like to know. Jody Morris too, he`s done quite a lot of youth coaching, not much at senior level and I can`t help thinking Derby is a club that needs an experienced hand. There`s a really difficult job to do with our squad, lots of quality (ok, that`s debatable I agree) but to move on the players the new manager would like to will be so difficult I get a head ache when I think about it.

So, would I be happy with FL ? I really don`t know... When GR left, I thought for sure we`d appoint someone like Mick McCarthy, an experienced operator to steady the ship, but this took me by surprise. Naive ? Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Ramsdens said:

I dunno about this thread, the original question, would you be happy with Frank Lampard ? Man alive, the responses have been pretty wide ranging, some very good comments too... some out of left field. I read as many forums and news reports as I can and there must be some folk on here very well informed. Just where does the Harry Redknapp link come from apart form them being related ? I mean, he`s a football man for sure but he effectively retired years ago didn`t he ? As for John Terry, is that just guess work or just putting two and two together ? I`d like to know. Jody Morris too, he`s done quite a lot of youth coaching, not much at senior level and I can`t help thinking Derby is a club that needs an experienced hand. There`s a really difficult job to do with our squad, lots of quality (ok, that`s debatable I agree) but to move on the players the new manager would like to will be so difficult I get a head ache when I think about it.

So, would I be happy with FL ? I really don`t know... When GR left, I thought for sure we`d appoint someone like Mick McCarthy, an experienced operator to steady the ship, but this took me by surprise. Naive ? Maybe.

I agree completely. But, we have tried most things so let’s try a Avenue we haven’t attempted. 

I think who ever the DOF will be albeit Redknapp or Grant, they will be able to help at shifting players out and helping Frank get running into club management.

albeit it’s exciting times, better than thinking about Mick McCarthys Derby...

Archived