If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it is Frank I hope he ignores those clamouring for Casey Palmer to return. 

There are better players out there. Palmer for me is talented but lacks drive and awareness of those around him. 

His game management needs a lot of work as does his fitness. 

I could quite see how Rowett ignored him. Lawrence and Vydra were our 'luxury' players and they presented greater goal threat.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was nothing juicy, just things that to me proved the source knew a bit about what was what inside the club. 

Probably not surprising but apparently Rowett had even less interest in the academy than Clement did.

Club are looking to get wage bill down to £18m.

Nothing groundbreaking there I guess but another couple of things (nothing saucy) but I couldnt say in case not true! 

18m? Slashing the wage budget by nearly 50% thats some serious cuts.

A friend of mine who’s lad plays in the academy told me GR actually wanted to go to stoke in January, managed to persuade him to see the season out with a new contract and a pay rise. Him going to stoke this summer was fully expected by the club.

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

“Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle concluded that while there was not doubt that John Terry had uttered the words "" at Anton Ferdinand, it is possible that this was not intended as an insult but as a challenge to what he believed had been said to him”

I’m not saying that I believe Terry was innocent, I’m saying that he was found not guilty. You have to respect the judicial system, especially when making potential libel statements on the internet

Errr I was going to say we would much more chance of scoring away from home.... is that allowed?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did any of them look better than our U23 potential?

Yes ....our under 23 potential doesn’t look great to me ....only Elsnik I beleive played reasonably regularly ....my opinion is if you can’t get a game at Shrewsbury or Swindon you will soon be on your way as you’re not good enough ...football is tough and cut throat and I personally don’t see much apart from Thomas and maybe Elsnik to have a chance of maybe making it .....as I’ve ssid before our scouting department and youth levels require scrutiny as well not just the manager ....my opinion of course ...Bayliss will be on Lampards radar as is better than what we have in under 23s basically 

22 minutes ago, Kid Rock said:

Probably more importantly, over what time period?

16/17 total wages were £34.567m. It's a lot more difficult these days to try and predict the non players' element, but if pushed I'd put players' wages at £28m/ £29m. There's a big difference between a cull of £16.5m and £12m/ £13m.

I wouldn't have been surprised by a £10m cull of players' wages, so the scale is a bit of a surprise. If the cull is at the higher rate, this would probably imply an FFP result, on normal income and expenditure, of about £1.5m. Otherwise, it would imply £6m/ £7m. I'd guess that any cull would be phased over the next 2 years (which looks achievable).

Last sentence should read £6m/ £5m.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Need some advice lads and lasses.

Should I paint my 'Cockney Mafia Out' banner Derby black or Chelsea blue?

I would slip Shandy Drinking in front of CMO and do it in blue, we’ll have the Chelsea kit as our away strip next season anyway. ?

John Terry, a man I have despised throughout his football career, will be most welcome at my club if he proves a success.

I couldn't care less about his past, we all grow up, my favourite saying as a teen was 'god made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve', not because I was anti gay but because I thought it was funny. Thankfully I grew up and never mutter things like that.

John Terry seemed to do well with Didier Drogba, Claude Makelele and Essien which suggests he doesn't have a problem against black people.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But still considerably higher than the wage bill when MM actually took charge of the club! 

Think we used to operate at around 10m a year during the Clough days?

Still a bit unsure on the appointment of Lampard. Starting to warm to the idea of Lampard, Terry and Morris though. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

John Terry seemed to do well with Didier Drogba, Claude Makelele and Essien which suggests he doesn't have a problem against black people.

Most likely that Terry knows what winds an opposition footballer up then?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

John Terry, a man I have despised throughout his football career, will be most welcome at my club if he proves a success.

I couldn't care less about his past, we all grow up, my favourite saying as a teen was 'god made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve', not because I was anti gay but because I thought it was funny. Thankfully I grew up and never mutter things like that.

I once met a guy who worked in the ticket office at Chelsea, he told me that even though JT gets this really bad reputation in the press, he was one of the only chelsea players that had time for everyone. From the top guys to the tea ladies and he couldn't speak highly enough of him...

you can't always believe everything that you read in the press !

PistoldPete2

Lampard is untested  in management but an intelligent footballer and an ambassador for the game.

terry is untested in management. 

28 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

18m? Slashing the wage budget by nearly 50% thats some serious cuts.

A friend of mine who’s lad plays in the academy told me GR actually wanted to go to stoke in January, managed to persuade him to see the season out with a new contract and a pay rise. Him going to stoke this summer was fully expected by the club.

If true, could maybe help to explain our dip in form from the players once he signed a new contract at a place he didn’t want to be. 

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Think we used to operate at around 10m a year during the Clough days?

Still a bit unsure on the appointment of Lampard. Starting to warm to the idea of Lampard, Terry and Morris though. 

In 12/13 it may have been as low as £9m. In the overall wage table that was put up, we were shown as lower mid table, but there were a cluster of about 6 clubs that were only just over £1m below us ( the likes of Blackpool and Millwall). Because of the scale of our Academy, Commercial activities etc ( and a highly paid CEO and other principals), I reckon we could easily have been 3rd bottom on players' wages. From what I could see, the only club that might have got us out of the bottom 3 was Sheff Weds. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Lampard is untested  in management but an intelligent footballer and an ambassador for the game.

terry is untested in management. 

In that IQ test thing that was quoted, way back when Frank was first mooted, as evidence of Frank not being thick, they said Terry was third highest in the squad tested. So maybe uneducated rather than thick?

Archived