If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/05/2018 at 21:53, europia said:

Problem is, other than talk of 'lots of applicants', we don't know if the likes of Dean Smith or Alex Neil would want the job. Managers in decent jobs might take some persuading. 

Yes I agree and we may never know I guess

Just now, SaintRam said:

From a business perspective is not unlikely that we'd pay for him to do some scouting for us before he signed any contracts? 

I agree we likely havent done the press and media stuff

But we've also seen historically that with the money banded about, football people can get about pretty quickly, if they really want to. Helicopters and all that jazz. 

I think all grounds have designated areas for scouting at league clubs.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh but because he has won a few games it is ok that he is a racist...? Ok. Sorry i didn’t realize that made it ok. 

Won a few games????. Rowett won a few games Terry's won the lot. No it doesn't make it ok IF he's a racist, but like I said, what he is off the field has nothing to do with what he can do on it. All i'm interested in, in any player is are they good enough. I'll never socialize with him or any other player so why should I give a flying **** what he's like personally.

Was just saying I hope we’ve got a scout there today and low and behold our new manager is there! Coventry as a team we’re fantastic out there, definately wouldn’t mind some of their players like Bayliss. Always good to look at lowers league young players, often have the potential to move up quite quickly.

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Won a few games????. Rowett won a few games Terry's won the lot. No it doesn't make it ok if he's a racist, but like I said, what he is off the field has nothing to do with what he can do on it. All i'm interested in, in any player is are they good enough. I'll never socialize with him or any other player so why should I give a flying **** what he's like personally.

Maybe because you feel your club should have some moral principles perhaps? I would hate it if we signed him.

I would be impressed if Frank took the job, especially as it's his first gig and walking into a squad that is bloated and overpaid.  Add to that, it is public knowledge the money tap has well and truely been either turned off, or it's at a dribble.

I am sure there are easier, softer options, such as starting as an assistant.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Because you feel your club should have some moral principles perhaps? I would hate it if we signed him.

That's fair enough, but this happened 6 years ago approx, should he have never been allowed to play again?, should Chelsea have sacked him or villa not signed him?

PistoldPete2
43 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Anyone watching the league 2 play off final? 

Lampard is there, commentator said the ticket was requested by Derby. 

Not wAtching it but was the commentator just stirring up speculation, tongue in cheek?

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I’m no JT fan but he was never found guilty of anything after the Anton Ferdinand incident 

And your point is? Many Liverpool fans were not there in the 80s at Heysel and Hillsbrough, doesn’t stop @MuespachRam finding them all guilty. 

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

That's fair enough, but this happened 6 years ago approx, should he have never been allowed to play again?, should Chelsea have sacked him or villa not signed him?

Everyone is allowed second chances and he might not be a nice man but good at football.

I just don't like him and don't want us to sign him on that basis. I doubt that'd matter much to clubs and managers though.

PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Struggled at that level and was bombed out by him too I think

Was due to sign for us in August 2012 but the Scottish club demanded more money. He was only a lid at the time... Maybe more the finished article now plus he is playing only at league 2 til next season. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Everyone is allowed second chances and he might not be a nice man but good at football.

I just don't like him and don't want us to sign him on that basis. I doubt that'd matter much to clubs and managers though.

I agree, and for the record I think he's a rooster too. My point was on a football pitch, non of this should matter. If he scored a winning goal for us would we not celebrate because of what he is away from football?.

28 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Point taken but 2 of Cov’s goal have been championship quality...blimey, that Exeter consolation wasn’t bad either, but he’ll be looking for a rough diamond to polish as opposed to the finished article I would have imagined. 

Did any of them look better than our U23 potential?

Just now, Charlie George said:

Three year deal signed yesterday and to be unveiled Tuesday.Bringing two with him.

ITK ? Or speculation

Archived