Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

New next door neighbour thinking it's perfectly acceptable to play loud music until 6-7am at the weekend. I'm all for having music on at the weekend.... the cut off being around 12am. Living in a mid terrace isn't the most private of areas, however, be more considerate to the other neighbours who dont take drugs and want some sleep on a saturday night. Their other next door neighbour has younger kids as well. 

Tried to be nice to them the other day and said, "I'm all for having abit of fun and chilling at the weekends, could you stop the music at the curfew time please. The soundproofing isnt great." Obviously that wasnt taken on board. 

The most inconsiderate fackers I've had to deal with for sometime, this is going to be fun. I have a feeling the family on the opposite side are going to be the first ones to blow a gasket. 

Maybe it's an inner city thing, I've found the neighbours to be right *********. Cant even have a conversation with them, get completely blanked. Zero common sense either. My parents neighbours in Amber Valley are a similar age to me and my neighbours, willing to say hi and my parents have never had issues with them.

I’ve had my car dinged in supermarket car parks enough times to now try and park in a spot further away from the shop on its own. Then come out and some monster truck has parked right next to me when there’s 100 other spaces they could have chosen. 

and people who have lost the use of their legs when it comes to parking, they want to actually park inside the store, I’m sure of it 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Undertaking on a dual carriage ways or motorways.Not illegal, I think but very dangerous.  On the M1 the other day granny in a Micra seemed to think that indicators were there for decorations purposes only and had a couple of near misses whilst undertaking. 

It depends, if traffic to the right is slow moving and queuing then undertaking should be perfectly ok, the biggest danger is people who decide to quickly move to the left to undertake because of the slow moving/queuing traffic. People in the left hand lane of a motorway shouldnt be expect to stop because traffic to the right has slowed.

If the vehicle they are undertaking is a solitary slow moving vehicle in the middle lane, then they should move over to over take it, but many dont.

For me the biggest danger and annoyance on dual carriageways and more notably motorways are those that drive along in any of the overtaking lanes when they are not overtaking, 4 lane motorways seem full of those who dont seem to be able to understand the concept of overtaking lanes, this is more dangerous to me because those who understand the concept have to make several lane changes to perform said overtake rather than just a couple.

14 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

It was mentioned only a page back, but worth reiterating... Solicitors. 

Add estate agents, mortgage advisors, banks and builders into that mix and I'm ready to flip.

Letting agency have made me flip today. Looking at a newish build house to rent whilst still saving for the house deposit. The amount of fees for a £600 pcm property was beyond a joke. Wanted the deposit and the first month upfront which is fine for any rent agreement I guess. Security deposit for additional damages, 6 weeks rent. £200 admin charge. £100 per tenant. Think that's about it.

Before you've moved in, it's nearly £3000 just to rent a property with this company. Madness.

On 23/08/2020 at 09:39, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve had my car dinged in supermarket car parks enough times to now try and park in a spot further away from the shop on its own. Then come out and some monster truck has parked right next to me when there’s 100 other spaces they could have chosen. 

and people who have lost the use of their legs when it comes to parking, they want to actually park inside the store, I’m sure of it 

Yeah love this....I'm always at pains to park away from the crowd so imagine my delight yesterday when I did so,only to turn to my car,now with a clapped out people carrier parked a few inches off my passenger door.....I then watched in disbelief as a small child rammed his four open onto mine creating a sizeable dent in it.

Great.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah love this....I'm always at pains to park away from the crowd so imagine my delight yesterday when I did so,only to turn to my car,now with a clapped out people carrier parked a few inches off my passenger door.....I then watched in disbelief as a small child rammed his four open onto mine creating a sizeable dent in it.

Great.

I hope you slammed his head in the door?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great.

That’s just awful. We were in the car trying to reverse out of a spot in Sainsbury’s car park and an old bloke parked 2 inches from us last week. I hate car parks. We look after our car and wouldn’t dream of dinging someone else’s. 

17 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Letting agency have made me flip today. Looking at a newish build house to rent whilst still saving for the house deposit. The amount of fees for a £600 pcm property was beyond a joke. Wanted the deposit and the first month upfront which is fine for any rent agreement I guess. Security deposit for additional damages, 6 weeks rent. £200 admin charge. £100 per tenant. Think that's about it.

Before you've moved in, it's nearly £3000 just to rent a property with this company. Madness.

I thought fees were banished last year? https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/tenant-fees-act

53 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I thought fees were banished last year? 

It's the security deposits which isnt very clear. And the little add ons like admin fees arent included.... apparently. No idea how they can bypass it.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

It's the security deposits which isnt very clear. And the little add ons like admin fees arent included.... apparently. No idea how they can bypass it.

That's weird. My brother rented a properly just before Christmas with a large letting agency in Derby and only paid the deposit and first months rent. You should definitely push them on it, I imagine some are trying it on.

Based on page 4 of this document you definitely shouldn't be paying any more than the rent and refundable deposit. Page 5 also notes:

Landlords will be responsible for the costs associated with setting up, renewing or ending a tenancy (e.g. referencing, administration, inventory, renewal and check-out fees)

On 24/08/2020 at 07:22, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Undertaking on a dual carriage ways or motorways.Not illegal, I think but very dangerous.  On the M1 the other day granny in a Micra seemed to think that indicators were there for decorations purposes only and had a couple of near misses whilst undertaking. 

It’s always a Nissan Micra ! or for the younger ones a Nissan Juke. They have replaced the Austin 1100‘S and Morris Minors of my youth; as the go to vehicle for those who drive in a world of their own 

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

When every character in movies and tv shows had a zippo lighter in their pocket when they need to do some arson, which they then throw away into the flames, instead of just lighting the fire!! 

Heh heh .. some years ago someone wrote a thing about Movies cliches ...  Can’t remember them all but my favourite 2 were:

1) a black singlet is more bullet proof than a Kevlar flack jacket

2) when a space ship is under attack by aliens the last thing to fail is the anti gravity System

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Heh heh .. some years ago someone wrote a thing about Movies cliches ...  Can’t remember them all but my favourite 2 were:

1) a black singlet is more bullet proof than a Kevlar flack jacket

2) when a space ship is under attack by aliens the last thing to fail is the anti gravity System

Can I add 2 more...

a) a 6'2" movie villain carjacks a car from a 5'2" woman and drives off without adjusting the seat

b) in Bond films his Aston Martin can't out run the saloon with 4 henchmen in it that is chasing him. 

I like quizzes and always watch The Chase but Bradley Walsh has an annoying set of phrases. I now knock back a shot of sambuca every time he says “all day long”,  a shot of Vodka when he says “you’re better than that” and two shots of tequila when contestants say “as I’ll ever be” in response to the question “are you ready.”    Needless to say I rarely make it to the end of the programme. 

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

I like quizzes and always watch The Chase but Bradley Walsh has an annoying set of phrases. I now knock back a shot of sambuca every time he says “all day long”,  a shot of Vodka when he says “you’re better than that” and two shots of tequila when contestants say “as I’ll ever be” in response to the question “are you ready.”    Needless to say I rarely make it to the end of the programme. 

"And the Chaser goes also right with..." always sounds very awkward, as if English isn't his first language and he doesn't know which order the words are supposed to go in.