Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Solicitors . Sitting in those musty rooms filled with old books they never read and  grandfather clocks. Do bugger all to the point where frustration means you start chasing around doing there job.  Then you get a bill for 5 grand.  

Not sure what firms you've been to lately, that sounds like a clichéd American film though. Almost all major firms are modernised these days and wouldn't look out of place with 'modern' companies like Microsoft or Apple. 

With regards to fees, it's appropriate to the value of the work. What alot of people don't see is the files that bring in around £600-£1k in fees, where it can easily be 40-50 hours work into it. On that basis the cost is barely minimum wage at times. 

20 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not sure what firms you've been to lately, that sounds like a clichéd American film though. Almost all major firms are modernised these days and wouldn't look out of place with 'modern' companies like Microsoft or Apple. 

With regards to fees, it's appropriate to the value of the work. What alot of people don't see is the files that bring in around £600-£1k in fees, where it can easily be 40-50 hours work into it. On that basis the cost is barely minimum wage at times. 

Not buying that for a minute me owd. If you mean filing for probate etc on line, they can do that but you have to chase it sometime in six months.  All deals are finalised on a Friday as well, an excellent excuse to have a delay and leave that Mortgage release resting in the high interest account for three days.  Any solicitor I've had dealings with has a three-four bed house in Darley Abbey. 

30 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Member of the profession by any chance?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Member of the profession by any chance?

what did you ask him that for ? if he replies it will cost you £35 plus vat.

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

An old favourite today, vehicle main dealers.

Not content with lightening my wallet of the bulk of £300 quid for a 1st service, they then advised me that my front tyres were in a Amber state of thread depth (4.9 mm) and could do with changing, at a cost of £160 each.

Legal limit is 1.6mm, and the car has done 2017 miles from new in 12 months, the first 1000 of which at a computer controlled maximum of 4000 rpm, on a 4wd vehicle.

The wipers are even worse apparently, need changing PDQ at a mere £48 including fitting.

Robbing bar stewards.

wowsers. Should be getting 35k miles on a decent tyre!

5 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

An old favourite today, vehicle main dealers.

Not content with lightening my wallet of the bulk of £300 quid for a 1st service, they then advised me that my front tyres were in a Amber state of thread depth (4.9 mm) and could do with changing, at a cost of £160 each.

Legal limit is 1.6mm, and the car has done 2017 miles from new in 12 months, the first 1000 of which at a computer controlled maximum of 4000 rpm, on a 4wd vehicle.

The wipers are even worse apparently, need changing PDQ at a mere £48 including fitting.

Robbing bar stewards.

I didn't even make it halfway through that before falling asleep.

20 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The last solicitor I used showed us into an office, complete with a giant sized picture of Notts Forest European Cup winning squad.

I was about to walk out, when he apologized for the wall display and explained he was using his colleagues office while his was refurbished.

Should have put graffiti on it with the words "Chuck all your medals in the bin because you got them by cheating".

When you decide to throw something away and then need it.

It seems to happen to me all the time. This morning I've had a sheet of paper with some printed stuff & scribbled notes on it floating around my work desk for weeks. This morning I threw it in the bin and then was literally trying to retrieve it 10 minutes later because one of the notes became relevant to what I'm doing at the moment.

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

When you decide to throw something away and then need it.

It seems to happen to me all the time. This morning I've had a sheet of paper with some printed stuff & scribbled notes on it floating around my work desk for weeks. This morning I threw it in the bin and then was literally trying to retrieve it 10 minutes later because one of the notes became relevant to what I'm doing at the moment.

Do people still use paper?

Sith Happens

When normally perfectly nice neighbours decided to leap out the house and berate the Morrisons delivery driver delivering to my house for blocking their drive.

Seriously...let him get on with it, the longer you badger him to move the longer your drive will be blocked.

Wouldnt mind so much if hadnt patiently parked my car on the road several times over the past couple of years because my drive was blocked because of the vehicles they have had turn up due to the amount of work they have had done on their house, and then find the very following morning after they berated the Morrisons chap that my drive is yet again blocked by a glass company van who is at their house.

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When normally perfectly nice neighbours decided to leap out the house and berate the Morrisons delivery driver delivering to my house for blocking their drive.

Seriously...let him get on with it, the longer you badger him to move the longer your drive will be blocked.

Wouldnt mind so much if hadnt patiently parked my car on the road several times over the past couple of years because my drive was blocked because of the vehicles they have had turn up due to the amount of work they have had done on their house, and then find the very following morning after they berated the Morrisons chap that my drive is yet again blocked by a glass company van who is at their house.

They sound a pane in the backside.

Sith Happens

Will Smith and Kevin Hart to star in a remake of planes, trains and automobiles....

seriously that's not a film that needs remaking