Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not really a thing people do at all... 

But is it just me who finds these two Newcastle player's names really annoying? 

1) Joelinton

2) Saint-Maximin

Sorry.. They just aren't names. I hope Newcastle flop until these two irritatingly named players leave. 

PS Jakahanbsk (?) is really annoying too... You hear the name on the radio and have no concept of how it actually looks written down. 

Bring back proper names. Matthews, Wright, Shearer.... not just English names either... Henry, Cantona and Silva still scan ! 

PS.. I know I am on a one man crusade. 

11 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Was in a meeting last week discussing a restructuring of the company.. Basically we are yank run, so they have come up with the edict that we cannot use the word restructure, we have to use the term ‘reimagining’ ffs.. I despair.

I dunno, sounds like 'blue sky thinking' to me ?

Wait till they make a load of people redundant as part of this re imagining....It won't be called Redundancy, it will be 'Opening up opportunities' for those being laid off.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I dunno, sounds like 'blue sky thinking' to me ?

Wait till they make a load of people redundant as part of this re imagining....It won't be called Redundancy, it will be 'Opening up opportunities' for those being laid off.

Exactly.. The sad thing is that they think people won’t realise it’s a restructure.. 

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 20:39, Angry Ram said:

Was in a meeting last week discussing a restructuring of the company.. Basically we are yank run, so they have come up with the edict that we cannot use the word restructure, we have to use the term ‘reimagining’ ffs.. I despair.

Need to discuss that more in a 'deep diving' session.  A place I worked for used to discuss such things in a ' Star chamber' . They then centralised such planning in a new place called 'the brain'.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Need to discuss that more in a 'deep diving' session.  A place I worked for used to discuss such things in a ' Star chamber' . They then centralised such planning in a new place called 'the brain'.

Jesus.   Star Chamber. I might just bring that up as a joke. 
We can’t use them brain’ that would be misrepresentation. No brains here. 

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 20:39, Angry Ram said:

Another buzz word from our American friends is "simplification". Essentially, we've overcomplicated processes, trying to be too clever and now we haven't a clue what we're meant to be doing. The famous engine company I work for in Derby are making up these B.S. terms too. Can't disguise the fact the new products are money burners.

6 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who can’t ducking eat properly and continually slap their ducking lips while filling their face and making that horrible noise. Totally ducking oblivious to being a complete banker. Sitting next to some Chinese ****** who is going to get a fork in his head in a minute. Scum. 

I worked with a lad that made that horrible chomping sound when he ate.....when i commented on it he reckoned he couldn’t help it because he couldn’t breathe through his nose while he was chewing ???

8 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who can’t ducking eat properly and continually slap their ducking lips while filling their face and making that horrible noise. Totally ducking oblivious to being a complete banker. Sitting next to some Chinese ****** who is going to get a fork in his head in a minute. Scum. 

Something I noticed on a holiday in Switzerland. There was a large table of Chinese tourists and it was like that, open mouths and so on..just generally making loads of noise eating.

Apparently its the culture, its their way of demonstrating that they are enjoying it, i suppose like for some letting out a huge burp after is considered polite.

It might seem wrong to us, but then again I guess us Brits aren't known for being that great at embracing other cultures when we travel so can't moan too much. 

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Something I noticed on a holiday in Switzerland. There was a large table of Chinese tourists and it was like that, open mouths and so on..just generally making loads of noise eating.

Apparently its the culture, its their way of demonstrating that they are enjoying it, i suppose like for some letting out a huge burp after is considered polite.

It might seem wrong to us, but then again I guess us Brits aren't known for being that great at embracing other cultures when we travel so can't moan too much. 

I use chopsticks.  Culturally inclusive me. 

34 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I use chopsticks.  Culturally inclusive me. 

It doesn't count when you stick them up your nose though. ?

55 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

People who say they are going to turn up to view your house, but who then don't turn up without letting you know.

Put my plans on hold for this douchebag.

Been there.

Sad reflection of some people in soceity these days

2 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

That dreadful sentence whenever I visit my folks.....

"While you're here, can you just......... *insert IT / technology related issue that needs sorting*"

This is my dad down to a tee. When I take the lad with me to see him he has us both at it working on multiple different computer related issues. He does bribe us with a posh lunch or dinner, mind!

41 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

That dreadful sentence whenever I visit my folks.....

"While you're here, can you just......... *insert IT / technology related issue that needs sorting*"

36 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

This is my dad down to a tee. When I take the lad with me to see him he has us both at it working on multiple different computer related issues. He does bribe us with a posh lunch or dinner, mind!

Try helping an 88 year old grandad with an iPhone and a declining memory.