Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

:pinch:...it’s him again, SSN’s Jim f*ckwit White. “ Watford striker Troy Deeney will miss three matches after being suspended following his clash with Stoke’s Joe Allen on Saturday. That’s not one, not two,  but three matches he’ll miss”. 

Yes you mug, I got that when you said he’ll miss three matches. The man’s a complete arse, I’m sure he thinks he’s broadcasting to two year olds yet Sky love him, I don’t get it. 

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

People who write 'loose' when they men 'lose'.  

Oh, I hope we don't loose tomorrow. Loose? What are you going loose? You tie? That double knot on your shoes?

It's lose! You've lost! Not loosened!

On a similar note, people who defiantly recommend a hotel on TripAdvisor.

Yes it's crap, and I hated every minute, the service is terrible and you'll probably die of a contractable disease should you risk the pool, but I defiantly recommend the hotel.

It’s my wife’s and brother in law’s birthdays next week. Went to WH Smith’s and bought two cards...£8.03p. These were not fancy Dan all singing all dancing situations with all the whistles and bells, just an improvement on the tat the card factory sells.

I’m not tight but eight quid for two cards is an out and out rip off and I’m still annoyed about it this morning. 

25 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It’s my wife’s and brother in law’s birthdays next week. Went to WH Smith’s and bought two cards...£8.03p. These were not fancy Dan all singing all dancing situations with all the whistles and bells, just an improvement on the tat the card factory sells.

I’m not tight but eight quid for two cards is an out and out rip off and I’m still annoyed about it this morning. 

Serves you right. Buying a card for the wife's fine - after all it's an investment - but buying one for the brother-in-law - what's that all about?

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Serves you right. Buying a card for the wife's fine - after all it's an investment - but buying one for the brother-in-law - what's that all about?

He’s having a hard time Wolfie, in and out of hospital this year, been told he’s fit for work, lives in a town in Lincolnshire where there are little opportunities for a bloke in his 50’s so just letting him know we’re thinking of him. :thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

He’s having a hard time Wolfie, in and out of hospital this year, been told he’s fit for work, lives in a town in Lincolnshire where there are little opportunities for a bloke in his 50’s so just letting him know we’re thinking of him. :thumbsup:

You should have made one for him

21 hours ago, TimRam said:

What made the cards different from the Card Factory? They have some cheapo ones, but also some which are very good with a long message inside.

Got to say, I have abandoned my principles about shopping local in favour of card factory!

23 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

This grinds my gears as well. Spend £4 on something that's going to get looked at for a few seconds, gather dust on a shelf for a week and then get binned/recycled. Massive waste of money.

On 05/11/2017 at 09:24, Pearl Ram said:

Why not create card? Save you  £8.03p. 

On 11/5/2017 at 10:43, TimRam said:

What made the cards different from the Card Factory? They have some cheapo ones, but also some which are very good with a long message inside.

Agreed.. Nothing wrong with Card Factory you can get a lot for 99p.

Anyway, I am reliably told if it has bears on it, it is a good card. 

LED light bulbs.

For example. I've just replaced one on a security light (so only occasional use) which has been in operation for about 3 months, when the packaging claims it'll last for 25 years.

Over the past few months I've replaced most of the lights inside and outside of my house with LEDs and I seem to have to replace them about as often as I used to have to with the old fashioned ones.

So much for saving me money on electricity, when the bulbs cost loads more than the old ones.