Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

People who say they borrowed something to someone instead of lent it to them. (Think Mostyn may be one of them :p)

people who eat bananas and you can hear their molars smack together. 

oddly, at time of writing, I deliberated which was the correct term, and decided the wrong one, maybe.

It's not random, it is annoying, and I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but two words.

Colin Gibson.

Why? What is his purpose? 

I've just watched his interview with Thorne, who seemed delighted to be the latest subject of a Col grilling.

'Tell me George, what's the purpose of the compression boot you're wearing, and do you use those crutches to support your weight after your double leg break'?

'The boot keeps the harmful effects of the sun off my leg Gibbo, and saves a few quid on the factor 30. As for the crutches, I use them to swing past dogshit I might otherwise stand in'.

'What of the pool Thorney, is that useful in your recovery?'

'Not really Col, it's just easier to pee in there than have to unfold the snake while balancing on one leg. Shouldn't you be asking me if my recovery has been aided by Mel's massive investment?'

Even Keogh is better at interviews than him.

The universe likes to tease me sometimes.  We got up at 6am the other day to catch the grand opening of an appliance store at 7am.  We got there at 7 but already there was a line a half mile long.  Wife needed a blood pressure checker device thingy because she is on medication for high blood pressure and we needed a new toaster and cheap hairdryer and i needed an electric shaver.  At 8am i saw there was still at least 20 minutes until we would be let inside and we were running late already for wife had to show up at her work at the Red Cross and 9am and i had an appointment with our family doctor at 9.20am and so we gave up and returned to our car.  Wife blamed me for the whole fiasco and we had a hearty argument most of the way home about it.  i decided we needed some cheering up so i came by at the bakery.  My phone rang and it was the doctor's office telling me that my time had been cancelled because of the doctor's sick offspring.  Yay, another perfect day :pinch:

We are in full agreement now though, no more grand openings for us.

1 minute ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

Mmmmmmmm Austin Maxi

They were always shitt brown, which is ironic......

i liked the Maxi , could drop all the seats and make a double bed ,  it was the Allegro that was ***** ..

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Brown cars.

I can understand people who buy an old banger, and couldn't care less what colour it is.

But to know that someone has visited a showroom, and been given a choice of finishes, only to plump for faecal brown, is a truly depressing thought.

The wife has just had a call from the youngest's nursery to say they are going to be closed this week for strikes and maybe next week as well. What has annoyed us about it the most is the lack of notice and he is meant to be going on a trip this week and next which he is now going to miss out on. :angry:

Must have had a power surge yesterday morning. The main TV popped & smelt of burning circuit board, before I went to work. Came home & greeted by the news that the desktop PC looks f@@@@@d as well.

Bloody hell!!!!!!

On 25 May 2016 at 19:11, reveldevil said:

People who expect their point to be taken seriously on a public forum, yet insist on using wot instead of what, etc.

Genuine spelling mistakes I can live with, but to not even be arsed to type 1 or 2 extra characters when you wish to express yourself means I'll never take your point seriously. 

It's probs just me who has this problem, obvs.

On 21 May 2016 at 21:43, rynny said:

People criticising a school they didn't go to, with spelling and grammatical errors.

Reading some of the comments on the telegraph.

"I wouldnt never send me kids there"

"there staff are useless"

"Why go to such a school lol was always the bad school wen I lived in Derby"

"Don't sound good does it. Shud stick to his French lol"

"More interested in bums on seats. Then there staff or pupils"

If you are going to criticise a school and it's teachings make sure you are educated enough to make sure you don't look like an idiot.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

When someone puts rubbish in the kitchen bin and pretends they didn't see there's no bin liner in first. You saw it, you liar!

Exactly why I binned the bin!!! 

Or they cram so much in rather than change it and then it won't come out the bin without a fight or, in the worst case, ripping. Then you have to get a bag for the bag. 

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

When someone puts rubbish in the kitchen bin and pretends they didn't see there's no bin liner in first. You saw it, you liar!

On the subject of which; My council wheelie bins were kept behing the wall (since demolished) to the front garden. A few weeks ago I opened the lid of my  general waste bin, which was hitherto empty, to find a sheet of paper at the bottom, taken from another bin, covered in human excrement.

Some nice folks about in Leicestershire, centre of the sporting universe.