Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Nowt wrong with bright green!

i suppose if you are going to wear crocs at least make a statement :)

People who video important events on their mobile rather than actually experiencing them.

The Leicester City parade thing was on the TV's at the gym last night & I found myself getting irritated by the number of players walking around the stage filming it and then standing there tapping away on the phones, presumably updating Twitter or whatever. I'm sure the same would have happened regardless of which club it was & it happens everywhere now.

Just put the phone down!. It's on TV. Thousands of fans have come to see you and you're typing on your phone. Stupid.

It was the same with the athletes at the Olympics opening ceremony. This is maybe the biggest thing they are ever going to do and highlight of their career and instead of taking in the moment, they're experiencing it through their cameras.

Agree with you there wolfie .. But the nice side to it for me was one of the pictures in the paper of the front of the bus .. All the Leicester boys smiling laughing with phones as usual but bottom right .. Dunno which player But just resting his arms on the front bathing in the moment without an electronic device in sight .. You can see in his eyes .. Boy this is a moment and my cerebral cortex is is going to remember this way better than any flash card 

tried to like your post but it says I can't ? .. Glitch or are you on a black list 

32 minutes ago, jono said:

Agree with you there wolfie .. But the nice side to it for me was one of the pictures in the paper of the front of the bus .. All the Leicester boys smiling laughing with phones as usual but bottom right .. Dunno which player But just resting his arms on the front bathing in the moment without an electronic device in sight .. You can see in his eyes .. Boy this is a moment and my cerebral cortex is is going to remember this way better than any flash card 

tried to like your post but it says I can't ? .. Glitch or are you on a black list 

According to my screen, you have liked it, so thanks :D

I have had a bad reaction to LCFC's success, in fact the missus has refused to watch the local news because I threw her mobile phone at the TV when they had won the title(breaking both), its hard because the BBC have been absolutely obsessed with showing this **** at every opportunity, nothing about the tax fiddling though.

29 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I have had a bad reaction to LCFC's success, in fact the missus has refused to watch the local news because I threw her mobile phone at the TV when they had won the title(breaking both), its hard because the BBC have been absolutely obsessed with showing this **** at every opportunity, nothing about the tax fiddling though.

200.gif

On 5/17/2016 at 10:21, Wolfie said:

People who video important events on their mobile rather than actually experiencing them.

The Leicester City parade thing was on the TV's at the gym last night & I found myself getting irritated by the number of players walking around the stage filming it and then standing there tapping away on the phones, presumably updating Twitter or whatever. I'm sure the same would have happened regardless of which club it was & it happens everywhere now.

Just put the phone down!. It's on TV. Thousands of fans have come to see you and you're typing on your phone. Stupid.

It was the same with the athletes at the Olympics opening ceremony. This is maybe the biggest thing they are ever going to do and highlight of their career and instead of taking in the moment, they're experiencing it through their cameras.

Sames goes for a lot of fans too.  I have no interest in seeing your #scenes when we score...

My favourite grump at the moment is vouchers, loyalty cards and all the guff retailers give you in the hope that you'll keep coming. Trouble is you have to have them because it all adds up but blooming eck .. nectar, garden centre, fuel points, quad, and even the banks do it. To get a reasonable ISA they want you to have a bank account with another card and with just about everything you have to have passwords, ID, memorable words, secret questions and then when you buy online they want you to "create and account" .. I buy a filter for my fridge .. And I need a password ! .. Lord save me from the OCD data collectors 

3 hours ago, jono said:

My favourite grump at the moment is vouchers, loyalty cards and all the guff retailers give you in the hope that you'll keep coming. Trouble is you have to have them because it all adds up but blooming eck .. nectar, garden centre, fuel points, quad, and even the banks do it. To get a reasonable ISA they want you to have a bank account with another card and with just about everything you have to have passwords, ID, memorable words, secret questions and then when you buy online they want you to "create and account" .. I buy a filter for my fridge .. And I need a password ! .. Lord save me from the OCD data collectors 

I'm amused, or should that be bemused, by the exhortations of all web sites to

1. Have unique passwords that are a combination of alpha (a mixture of upper case/lower case)/numeric/special characters, of not less than 12  characters

2. Memorise them and never write them down

3. Change them frequently.

I reckon I must have the better part of fifty , together with user names and upto five different pieces of personal information for each one. If I had a brain the size of a planet I'd struggle to remember it all.

One thing that really annoys me is more and more people are writing and saying 'of' instead of 'have'. 

GTFO!!!!!! 

Sith Happens
15 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Don't you just envy a man who knows how to give a girl a good time?

It's my step-daughter's birthday today, and her dad has given her

.a vacuum cleaner

What you are not telling us, she is only 4.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

What you are not telling us, she is only 4.

Nothing wrong with setting them out on the right path at an early age. 

Oh hello darling .. I was just writing a witty post on the dcfc fans page... Now there's no need for violence .. Owch 

People criticising a school they didn't go to, with spelling and grammatical errors.

Reading some of the comments on the telegraph.

"I wouldnt never send me kids there"

"there staff are useless"

"Why go to such a school lol was always the bad school wen I lived in Derby"

"Don't sound good does it. Shud stick to his French lol"

"More interested in bums on seats. Then there staff or pupils"

If you are going to criticise a school and it's teachings make sure you are educated enough to make sure you don't look like an idiot.

On 18/05/2016 at 16:09, ramsbottom said:

Sames goes for a lot of fans too.  I have no interest in seeing your #scenes when we score...

Birmingham at home, the two bellends one row down and to the left were more interested in filming the 'scenes' in the away end than watching their team try to come back.

@Ramchop will verify... Had a go at them in his frustration :lol: Naturally they had no response...