Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

20 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Parent and child spaces.

What age does the child have to be for the regulation to no longer apply?

And the amount of disabled spaces at some places is a joke. 

For me, once they have completed reception year at school, depending on the child's understanding of road safety and if they need help getting in and out of the car.

Commercials, they seem to be at double volume of regular programming.  Some really cringe worthy ones like the Joe Hart dandruff commercial, the things folks will do for a paycheck and air time, i don't mean Hart i mean the ones playing the fans.
Saw one promising all natural honey as opposed to synthetic honey i suppose.  Aimed at halfwits so many of them.

And while i'm on the subject of advertising, stores that price their stuff at 99.95 do my head in.  They call me an idiot and then want my money, not going to happen.

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, ramit said:

Commercials, they seem to be at double volume of regular programming.  Some really cringe worthy ones like the Joe Hart dandruff commercial, the things folks will do for a paycheck and air time, i don't mean Hart i mean the ones playing the fans.
Saw one promising all natural honey as opposed to synthetic honey i suppose.  Aimed at halfwits so many of them.

And while i'm on the subject of advertising, stores that price their stuff at 99.95 do my head in.  They call me an idiot and then want my money, not going to happen.

The 95p 99p does actually work though, you may well see through it but lots in their mind see it as lower amount, you cannot blame marketing people for using methods that work. At least its not false advertising, how the likes of KFC/McDonalds etc can get away with showing lovely looking burgers on their marketing, yet when you get it it looks lke its been run over by a lorry, is beyond me, dont get me wrong of course i know its not going to look like that, and im sure most people do...but still.

Sith Happens

My last post got me thinking - KFC - Quite why i go in i dont know...but it is actually the best food of the fast foods on pride park i reckon, however i never quite get why on matchdays they ever seem to have enough staff on? I know its only going to be busy for like 2 hours max but you are waiting ages queuing, then ages for your food, the tables are filthy, bins overflowing, floors filthy, then you are looking for a table anwyay because the guy at the back of the queue who is going to be about 20 minutes at least before he has his food has sent his kids to sit and occupy a table that somebody else could be using.

50 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The 95p 99p does actually work though, you may well see through it but lots in their mind see it as lower amount, you cannot blame marketing people for using methods that work.

Yes, unfortunately it works, but i don't see that as a reason to condone it.  Brainwashing and indoctrination also work, as does media propaganda, which affects all of us, not just the ignorant, but i digress. 

44 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

My last post got me thinking - KFC - Quite why i go in i dont know...but it is actually the best food of the fast foods on pride park i reckon, however i never quite get why on matchdays they ever seem to have enough staff on? I know its only going to be busy for like 2 hours max but you are waiting ages queuing, then ages for your food, the tables are filthy, bins overflowing, floors filthy, then you are looking for a table anwyay because the guy at the back of the queue who is going to be about 20 minutes at least before he has his food has sent his kids to sit and occupy a table that somebody else could be using.

Having worked at that kfc whilst doing 6th form, it is all about kfc in general and their allowance for staff percentages on income. At least before they refurbished the interior and changed to the ridiculous Argos style system of waiting for your number to be called. Have to say it has gone right downhill since I worked there.

Poor grammar is my pet hate.

I particularly despise the use of grocers' apostrophes or as they would say "grocers apostrophe's".

Why the hell do some people feel the constant need to end a statement with a question mark?

53 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

Poor grammar is my pet hate.

I particularly despise the use of grocers' apostrophes or as they would say "grocers apostrophe's".

Why the hell do some people feel the constant need to end a statement with a question mark?

Like, anyone cares m8!?

41 minutes ago, Anon said:

People don't remove their hats when they are indoors. We may as well just hack off our legs and crawl back into the primordial soup.

Pfft.

People who get annoyed by people who wear hats indoors.

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 12:30, JoetheRam said:

Parent and child spaces.

What age does the child have to be for the regulation to no longer apply?

And the amount of disabled spaces at some places is a joke. 

They should put them spaces as far away from the store as possible, make the kids walk...

Sith Happens

People who have a convertible car and have the roof down when its not hot - its 8am in the morning, its 4 degrees why do you need the roof down? I know you like to show off, but really...

Going into a washroom where they have those taps you press down from the top. You do that and by the time you've rubbed the soap foam into your hands the water flow has stopped so you try nudging the tap down with your elbow which never really works!

What on earth's the problem with having a minimum flow of say 5-10 secs? Absolutely thoughtless - whoever invented them like this needs a rocket up their rectum.

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Going into a washroom where they have those taps you press down from the top. You do that and by the time you've rubbed the soap foam into your hands the water flow has stopped so you try nudging the tap down with your elbow which never really works!

What on earth's the problem with having a minimum flow of say 5-10 secs? Absolutely thoughtless - whoever invented them like this needs a rocket up their rectum.

Or those taps that are supposed to come on when you put your hands near them, but you just end up waving your hands about whilst nothing happens.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Or those taps that are supposed to come on when you put your hands near them, but you just end up waving your hands about whilst nothing happens.

People who still use the word "whilst", as though we're all still living in the eighteenth century. There is no instance in the English language where "while" isn't perfectly fine.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

People who still use the word "whilst", as though we're all still living in the eighteenth century. There is no instance in the English language where "while" isn't perfectly fine.

Ha - i have noticed on here people can get quite upset by criticism of grammar, so it is a bit odd to be criticised for using correct grammar, but yes you are correct while and whilst and generally interchangable, unless of course its written by our american cousins who will never use the word whilst.

I am sure in years to come people will criticise me for using the word 'you' when 'u' has become perfectly fine too.