Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Potentially the worst display from a centre forward I’ve ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far, but he's never done anything to justify a price tag like that and tonight showed up his ability. I'd still have that performance over Callum Ball & Conor Doyle :lol: I know players have good and bad games, but he really does seem to be stuck between League One/Championship. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

Funny how the doom and gloom merchants about Rowett have all got egg on their faces tonight lol. 

Those defeats and losses to struggling teams never happened? 

Rowett deserves credit for sticking with the new formation , his substitutions were excellent and he got things right against a tough team. We've all left the match happy. But getting this match sorted doesn't change anything about the poor run we have had since Brum away , where some of the defeats have been unacceptable. You may think different but it don't mean we all have to be as uncritical as you. 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

Funny how the doom and gloom merchants about Rowett have all got egg on their faces tonight lol. 

There's still plenty of us (I think) doom and gloom merchants unhappy with Rowett, but we're still happy our team won. And I can't speak for the others, but I'm always happy to give credit to the manager/players when they do well, even if I'm not a fan of them. Other than Olsson at left wing back he got the team sheet and subs spot on and to be fair to him, there wasn't really any better options for left wing back with him using Forsyth in the centre

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

There's still plenty of us (I think) doom and gloom merchants unhappy with Rowett, but we're still happy our team won. And I can't speak for the others, but I'm always happy to give credit to the manager/players when they do well, even if I'm not a fan of them. Other than Olsson at left wing back he got the team sheet and subs spot on and to be fair to him, there wasn't really any better options for left wing back with him using Forsyth in the centre

Some of the vitriol is out of order sorry. 

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

On the contrary the passion and excitement seen in the second half contrasts sharply with the thin gruel served up in recent months. Why has Rowett not got them near this level on a regular basis?

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Some of the vitriol is out of order sorry. 

I disagree. Some of us fans are unhappy about the decline in league position and performances, as well as his transfers and team selections. Some fans such as yourself, are happy with how things are and want him to be given time. That's the beauty of football, it's all about opinions. Hopefully in a months time you can be telling people like me 'I told you so,' and we've won the play offs and are on our way to the Premier League

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I disagree. Some of us fans are unhappy about the decline in league position and performances, as well as his transfers and team selections. Some fans such as yourself, are happy with how things are and want him to be given time. That's the beauty of football, it's all about opinions. Hopefully in a months time you can be telling people like me 'I told you so,' and we've won the play offs and are on our way to the Premier League

Maybe Leeds should be above us after all they have a bigger fan base .

Maybe we should as Derby fans be happy with where we are. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Maybe Leeds should be above us after all they have a bigger fan base .

Maybe we should as Derby fans be happy with where we are. 

See, you always do this curtains. Someone makes a point about something and you just reply with something completely random. Where does the size of fan bases come into whether or not we're happy with Rowett? And besides, weren't you angry in recent years when we didn't spent millions on players like Gray and Wildschut? Why are you now all of a sudden saying we should just be happy with where we are? You've gone from demanding the club be ambitious and go all out for promotion to wanting patience 

42 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

Will take more than 1 win or even promotion. I'm still not confident we have a bright future.

Best team tonight though

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

See, you always do this curtains. Someone makes a point about something and you just reply with something completely random. Where does the size of fan bases come into whether or not we're happy with Rowett? And besides, weren't you angry in recent years when we didn't spent millions on players like Gray and Wildschut? Why are you now all of a sudden saying we should just be happy with where we are? You've gone from demanding the club be ambitious and go all out for promotion to wanting patience 

I can see Rowett is doing his best. 

Just don’t think he deserves the outright criticism he gets 

PS You started it with Wildschut right. 

43 minutes ago, curtains said:

Credit to Rowett for tonight, it worked. 

I don't have egg on my face, because my criticisms after Sunderland and Burton were completely justified and I don't regret making them. Praise in victory and criticism in defeat. I won't use any excuse to get at Rowett, because he did well tonight, but don't paint it out as though after one game anyone who ever dared criticise Rowett is dumb, or that the last 3 months didn't happen because of one game.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Credit to Rowett for tonight, it worked. 

I don't have egg on my face, because my criticisms after Sunderland and Burton were completely justified and I don't regret making them. Praise in victory and criticism in defeat. I won't use any excuse to get at Rowett, because he did well tonight, but don't paint it out as though after one game anyone who ever dared criticise Rowett is dumb, or that the last 3 months didn't happen because of one game.

Top 6 is better than was expected at the start of the season or maybe you had higher expectations 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Top 6 is better than was expected at the start of the season or maybe you had higher expectations 

Not really relevant now though is it? I expected progression. Anyway, I don't want to ruin an uplifting evening with this.

Archived