Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/06/2017 at 22:22, Rams forever said:

Got to agree the market is crazy!

On 13/06/2017 at 18:01, TheDeadlySaul said:

If Jordan Pickford is worth £30m, Ben Gibson £20m and Tom Cairney £20m then Hughesy is definitely worth that. 

Pickford and Gibson proved themselves in the Premiership and that always hikes up the price.Cairney is an outstanding player and Fulham are quoting a silly fee because they want him to stay.Hughes,when not injured and in a well balanced midfield,is a quality player but only in the final third.All depends on whether Rowett thinks he's up to performing in his type of side.If he doesn't then we'd do well to get £10m.That would go up if he stays and performs like he did two seasons ago when he had Thorne,Hendrick and Bryson around him.Time will tell!

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I said that earlier mate and people just said I was talking nonsense. It would certainly explain it. 

If it were true, why would they write off what they were owed, which would presumably include clauses based on the two players success, and take a flat fee?

Far better to wait and see if they could extract the maximum from us, and better from our pov to do likewise.

How could we spin taking £5m for Will, and an undisclosed amount?

Much better to sell him for £10m plus add ons, and let the existing transfers take their course.

We could reach parity at some point in the future, and no one would be none the wiser.

Or as people have suggested, there could be money still owed for Vydra and Anya.

If we pretend we paid 50 percent of the fees last season, that's 6.25 million still to pay, add that to 5 and the fee is 11.25 million.

If we sold him to Liverpool for 11.25 million we would be fairly happy, but half would still go to Watford, assuming that's the situation.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or as people have suggested, there could be money still owed for Vydra and Anya.

If we pretend we paid 50 percent of the fees last season, that's 6.25 million still to pay, add that to 5 and the fee is 11.25 million.

If we sold him to Liverpool for 11.25 million we would be fairly happy, but half would still go to Watford, assuming that's the situation.

I'd be fairly devastated if we sold Will for 11.25 million.

54 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I really don't want to picture us having Anya and Vydra with Watford getting Ince and money. Can we not just give them those two back and ask for a refund?

I hope that vydra plays up top with Martin next season 

For me, Hughes is still one of our best players, yes he lost form for us of late, but he is still capable of regaining that form that made him so coveted, we don't have many on our books that can pick a pass and tackle like him, he just needs to be in the right frame of mind, and that's the issue for me, has he had it with us ? He has given us so many good years despite interest from everywhere in an attempt to get us to the prem, but maybe he needs a new challenge, if that's the case, then I wish him luck. If not we would be crazy to sell him, especially for the sums reported, he's England U21 Captain ffs ! Got good reviews agsinst croatia being joint Mom with Redmond. So please Mel don't sell, just get GR to get his head right.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

I thought the received wisdom last season was that we had largely financed the purchase of the Watford pair through the sale of hendrick. 

So how come we're now thought to be so deep in the merde that we might contemplate a fire sale of our best assets?

Surely we haven't p****d the hendrick cash away???

The sale of Hendrick plus loan of martin came up to around £14 million, the Watford pair plus Nugent was around £15 million. At a guess the fire sales this year are to fund some big transfers. 

Mel morris has already said that the club has to start generating funds to spend so clubs will see that as an invitation to try sign our quality players 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

The sale of Hendrick plus loan of martin came up to around £14 million, the Watford pair plus Nugent was around £15 million. At a guess the fire sales this year are to fund some big transfers. 

Mel morris has already said that the club has to start generating funds to spend so clubs will see that as an invitation to try sign our quality players 

So basically you don't agree with any idea that we may have to sell will hughes to Watford because we're in hock over the vydra and anya deals?

Me neither. 

Archived