Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

On 6/16/2017 at 09:19, duncanjwitham said:

And looking at what happened when they got there, 'Boro went down disastrously and Burnley just scraped 40 points.   Hardly a ringing endorsement for going up playing that way.

If 40 points is "scraping"  to safety, what word would you use to describe achieving 11 (Eleven) points?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Burnley have ZERO debt.

How could Derby be short of cash when they are being financed by super-wealthy Mel?

We've ZERO debt too keep up. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

We too have zero debt.

You must have forgotten the strict FFP rules applied in the championship. 

You've changed!

Yeh,I don't think cash per se is a problem,though I'm sure Mel wouldn't mind some relief on that front.We may have to sell to balance incomings because of FFP. (although the calculations aren't as simple as 'sell £xm,buy £xm'.)

13 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Yeh,I don't think cash per se is a problem,though I'm sure Mel wouldn't mind some relief on that front.We may have to sell to balance incomings because of FFP. (although the calculations aren't as simple as 'sell £xm,buy £xm'.)

One thing Mel did say was that almost all his worth was cash in the bank, rather than assets, he talked about meeting other super rich people who would struggle to write a barker type cheque.

Makes me wonder about the ST Rich List, and how accurate that is, as it is based on what assets the individual holds rather than cash reserves.

I'm sure in his initial plan, we'd have a far larger income now than we currently do, wouldn't blame him for reigning the spending in a bit, not sustainable for him or us in the longer term.

12 hours ago, Grantona said:

If 40 points is "scraping"  to safety, what word would you use to describe achieving 11 (Eleven) points?

40 points is scraping to safety. You can't deny that. It's long been accepted that 40 points and you scrape free.

11 points is dropping out ingloriously. Anything between 20 and 30 would be a massive punch to the gonads, but 11, you can't even make that up.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, Roswell was an alien crash, Derby have a secret arrangement or debt to Watford, planes vanish in the Bermuda triangle and Hitler never died and escaped to Argentina.

Noooooo @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta? you've destroyed everything I ever thought I knew, next your gonna tell me tha Elvis doesn't work in Aldi Long Eaton and we didn't Blag Burnley into paying £12m for Jeff Hendrick ???

Archived