Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

So basically you don't agree with any idea that we may have to sell will hughes to Watford because we're in hock over the vydra and anya deals?

Me neither. 

Me neither. Ridiculous conjecture.

If there was any truth in this 'rumour' there would be a riot at pride park. A one man riot. Me. Probably in the megastore on a non matchday so i don't get beat up. Giving the shop manager or whoever's there my opinions on the matter. Not buying anything either.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

So basically you don't agree with any idea that we may have to sell will hughes to Watford because we're in hock over the vydra and anya deals?

Me neither. 

Think this Watford link is hogwash. 

Yes clubs will bid for our star players, And yes its very likely we will sell. But just because a club bids low we don't need to have a meltdown. 

Burnley opened at 4 mill for Hendrick, we sold on three times as much, I'd expect similar with Ince and Hughes 

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

He'll only be a future England player if he's in the prem. He's 22 now, it's time for him to play in the prem.

No. It's time for him to hold down a regular starting place with us, not sit on a Prem bench.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. It's time for him to hold down a regular starting place with us, not sit on a Prem bench.

Spot on. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Rowett want to bring the best out of Hughesy if so then start playing him more often. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Me neither. Ridiculous conjecture.

If there was any truth in this 'rumour' there would be a riot at pride park. A one man riot. Me. Probably in the megastore on a non matchday so i don't get beat up. Giving the shop manager or whoever's there my opinions on the matter. Not buying anything either.

If you get any more heated up, we'll have to change your moniker to @radish :lol:

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think this Watford link is hogwash. 

Yes clubs will bid for our star players, And yes its very likely we will sell. But just because a club bids low we don't need to have a meltdown. 

Burnley opened at 4 mill for Hendrick, we sold on three times as much, I'd expect similar with Ince and Hughes 

Exactly @RamLad1884 

We are amongst the few who find themselves in a good position on the outside of "the land of milk and honey" that is the Premier League. 

10 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I thought the received wisdom last season was that we had largely financed the purchase of the Watford pair through the sale of hendrick. 

So how come we're now thought to be so deep in the merde that we might contemplate a fire sale of our best assets?

Surely we haven't p****d the hendrick cash away???

I've given you a like but I would have given you another for the use of 'merde',however I would have to take one back as it made me spit my Kronenberg half way across Wetherspoons ?

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Any fan thinking we don't owe quite a bit of cash to Watford needs to stop sniffing the  Glue.  The way we structure payments means we probably owe money to Huddersfield, Watford, Norwich etc etc.

Whether this would persuade us into selling Hughes to Watford is another matter.

I personally don't doubt that we owe money to Huddersfield, Watford,Norwich and possibly others. It's the way transfers are paid for in the modern game. I'm also sure that Burnley and probably others owe us money too.

I can't remember the last time we sold anyone to Forest but they probably still owe us money for that :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Any fan thinking we don't owe quite a bit of cash to Watford needs to stop sniffing the  Glue.  The way we structure payments means we probably owe money to Huddersfield, Watford, Norwich etc etc.

Whether this would persuade us into selling Hughes to Watford is another matter.

The main body of the 15/16 accounts shows that we owed £11.523m on players in 16/17,with a further £7.833m owed beyond that year.This obviously doesn't include Vydra/Anya, however PBSE (which does include the pair) states that fees are payable in multiple instalments up to the 18/19 season (this would include the £7.833m mentioned earlier). PBSE shows that we spent £14,183,500 in total (incl levies,agents etc) in the summer 16/17 window,so we owe £7.833m + £14.183m + Nugent from Jan window,less whatever extra we would have paid in 16/17 (first instalments on Vydra/Anya/Nugent)

The main body of the acs gives figures to the nearest £1k,whilst notes to the acs (such as PBSE) will usually give full figures.We will probably be due instalment(s) on Hendrick,and possibly others.

Of course,we now owe money on CD (unless paid fully up front) and will owe on Wisdom,assuming deal goes through.

2 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Burnley have ZERO debt.

How could Derby be short of cash when they are being financed by super-wealthy Mel?

We too have zero debt.

You must have forgotten the strict FFP rules applied in the championship. 

You've changed!

Archived