Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Morris wouldn't sanction the sale of Will Hughes for 4 million quid in a million years. 

Hendrick went for £10 million but we sold him at the right time. His value wouldn't have been that high again. 

Hughes on the other hand. I think on the whole time he has been at Derby his value is the lowest it could possibly be. 

The past 2 seasons, 1 he was injured and last season he was in and out of the side and never reached the levels he should be reaching with his ability. 

If Derby get linked with a midfielder. I look at his stats. How many goals he scored? How many assists as he got? 

As an outsider looking in you'd look at Hughes stats and think £4 million is steep! 

Yes Hughes is an excellent footballer. Arguably one of the best we've produced. But he's not a young lad anymore. Hes been here 7 years. Played over 160 games.

I'd sell Hughes and sign a midfielder who would chip in with 5-10 goals a season. Because that could be the difference. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mel Morris wouldn't sanction the sale of Will Hughes for 4 million quid in a million years. 

Hendrick went for £10 million but we sold him at the right time. His value wouldn't have been that high again. 

Hughes on the other hand. I think on the whole time he has been at Derby his value is the lowest it could possibly be. 

The past 2 seasons, 1 he was injured and last season he was in and out of the side and never reached the levels he should be reaching with his ability. 

If Derby get linked with a midfielder. I look at his stats. How many goals he scored? How many assists as he got? 

As an outsider looking in you'd look at Hughes stats and think £4 million is steep! 

Yes Hughes is an excellent footballer. Arguably one of the best we've produced. But he's not a young lad anymore. Hes been here 7 years. Played over 160 games.

I'd sell Hughes and sign a midfielder who would chip in with 5-10 goals a season. Because that could be the difference. 

I think there's a lot in what you say here. We love Will because he is so calm on the ball. However, anyone watching him last season would consider him bang average. The injury weakened him and he looked more and more frustrated. He is not linked to big teams any more. We may have to settle for less than before. But £8 million minimum.

Sith Happens

I actually think there was more chance of us getting £12 million 3 years ago. I think £4 million is low but could see £5/6 million happening easily, with addons maybe and a good sell on clause.

Archived