Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

On 6/17/2017 at 20:42, reveldevil said:

One thing Mel did say was that almost all his worth was cash in the bank, rather than assets, he talked about meeting other super rich people who would struggle to write a barker type cheque.

Makes me wonder about the ST Rich List, and how accurate that is, as it is based on what assets the individual holds rather than cash reserves.

I'm sure in his initial plan, we'd have a far larger income now than we currently do, wouldn't blame him for reigning the spending in a bit, not sustainable for him or us in the longer term.

Rich list uses assets as well as money in the bank so ho might noty have the odd 30 million kicking around as a lot of fans think he has

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, England have, in their own words, a "must win " game tonight and yet Will Hughes is on the bench again, having captained the side not long ago. Much as I love to watch him, I think we can forget any £15m- £20m transfer fee. How quickly someone's star can wane. Perhaps he needs premier league football , playing in his best position

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Having watched their first game, all 3 of the central midfielders were appalling, yet keep their place. In particular, Baker, who had an awful game. 

Bit harsh on Will, but we haven't been watching the training sessions. 

No but we did watch the Denmark game that Hughes captained and they won 4-0!

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Rich list uses assets as well as money in the bank so ho might noty have the odd 30 million kicking around as a lot of fans think he has

Morris has recently sold his company which is why he is cash rich. His worth hasnt gone down in spite of the money he has pished on the Rams. 

Hendrick left us after a half decent Euro's with his stock high, Hughes' stock is at its very lowest, he has pretty much had 2 nothing seasons due to injury etc so 8m isn't too bad, it does say over 10m after installments, at least with a club like Watford there is a decent chance they will stay up which I would think an installment will be based upon as well as appearances.

With the World Cup season and lack of decent options in centre mid a decent season from Hughes and he could force his way into the England squad, stranger things have happened!

Won't ever forgive the club for selling him for £8m.

Mel, we know you read this... the **** are you accepting £8m for? That's an insult to the club and the fans. Beyond a joke. We paid nearly £7m for Johnson and frankly Will Hughes has more ability in his little toe. Jeff went for over £10m, and again, isn't fit to lace Will's boots.

Think we'll see some new youth players push through this season, we've got some youths older than Hughes was when he started that haven't had a look in. We've had success at youth level and they are always raving about the players. Callum Guy had a good loan spell at Port Vale. Rowett said he wants youthful energy.

Archived