Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Definitely, I would want £25m for the two combined. Especially in this day and age, both young and English and potentially internationals. 

If Cairney is worth £20m nobody can tell me Ince & Hughes combined are worth less.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

What other explanation is there then? I know Rowett doesn't rate Hughes but selling him otherwise for only 5 million would be ridiculous. 

The other explanation is that it is a load of rubbish.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This suggests to me that we still owe Watford money for Anya and Vydra so they get Hughes on the cheap to wipe out the remaining costs?

I think this is the only theory, shows what a mess Pearson made.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very bad if it's true, which I suspect it is.

Have a day off will you 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Surely if Mooy is worth £10m after just one season in the Championship then that should be the very least we are looking at for Will. Having said that it's the same when selling any asset, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

And how much is hughes to us? We paid nearly the same amount for butterfield, hughes is younger, a better player now and has absolutely massive potential.

Personally do want to see Will leave. I absolutely love him and he's one heck of a player, but he's stagnated at the championship, he needs to move to a prem team to improve and Watford under a footballing manager in Marco Silva would be a great move for him. Its also about time we saw Hughes in the senior England side, however that's never going to happen if he's in the championship, and if he plays well, he could be forcing himself into world cup contention.

I think 5m would be a pittance, Watford would be grabbing one heck of a deal, if Hughes stays and has a Stormer next season he's worth 15m easy, Watford are being very clever coming in when his stock has probably been the lowest it's ever been. Someone at derby however is forgetting that form is temporary and class is permanent. All it needs is one good prem season and Hughes would be worth 40m. If we sell for 5m then that's has to include a buy back clause in it.

Also if Gary rowett is sanctioning this move he's off. People saying mel morris won't allow it are wrong, he didn't like the Martin loan but backed the manager anyway, some of the signings have been dreadful but he's backed them anyway. Whether he likes it or not he's always backed the manager so if Gary rowett is letting this pass mel isnt going to interfere.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Raising funds by selling an asset that Rowett perhaps doesn't favour? We're not selling him to Watford because we "owe" money for other players :lol:

Watford obviously want him, they don't want him just for the sake of it but getting him on the cheap. There's no way that any sane man would sell one of our main assets for only 5 million if he had the choice. He has the potential to play for England in the future. It may sound ridiculous but I know for a fact that many clubs have done this and the way Sam Rush and others have structured transfer dealings in the past it would not surprise me at all. Almost sounds as ridiculous as loaning your top scorer out right?

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We will see how long it is before you retract your "it's hardly a meltdown" ??

If we sold him for £5mil there would be a meltdown. However most people with a brain cell knows that would never happen.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

So you think selling Hughes for only 5 million is right then?

Does it say we are thinking of selling him for £5m or does the article say Watford are lining up a £5m bid?

I don't understand. Why are we selling off our quality footballers, to replace them with workman like players? Who actually wants to become the 'next boro' where you go up for one season, play dreadful football. Once you make the premier league, you still play dreadful football and get relegated due to whimpering 1-0/2-0 defeats.

Sickening. Hughes is worth in excess of £10 million in the current market. Little will happen soon, as he's away at the U21 Euros. If he's set on leaving, let's just hope he plays a blinder and ups his value. Don't see him trying to force a move personally after his post-season comments. Ince far more likely.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So you think selling Hughes for only 5 million is right then?

Where did I say that? The report is a load of rubbish, so in turn makes your theory rubbish. Hughes is away at an international tournament and will be focusing on that, he won't be interested in doing any deal at the moment. The club have been pumping quite a bit out about Hughes out, another tweet minutes ago. Just because it has been reported doesn't mean it is true. Look how many threads there are on this board about transfers, how many have happened?

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Dean Jones, said that Watford are close to 5 million deal for Will Hughes.

2 minutes after Pete O'Rouke posted his article which he probably grabbed the headline and ran with it

IMG_0150.PNG

Archived