Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And looking at what happened when they got there, 'Boro went down disastrously and Burnley just scraped 40 points.   Hardly a ringing endorsement for going up playing that way.

Whereas, Bournemouth managed to stay up after promotion playing tidy football. That's much more the route I was hoping for from Derby.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

In an interview towards the end of the season Rowett talked about improved energy/workrate etc and cited Burnley and Boro as role models for the way to get out of this league.  The clues were there. This has been coming.   

Unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Whereas, Bournemouth managed to stay up after promotion playing tidy football. That's much more the route I was hoping for from Derby.

…and Swansea, Watford and Southampton. Blackpool were oh-so-close as well.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And looking at what happened when they got there, 'Boro went down disastrously and Burnley just scraped 40 points.   Hardly a ringing endorsement for going up playing that way.

Never liked this ideology. You don't want 11 technical players but likewise you don't want 11 grafters either because they'd struggle in the tight games. You need a mix of the two to compensate for each other's weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Never liked this ideology. You don't want 11 technical players but likewise you don't want 11 grafters either because they'd struggle in the tight games. You need a mix of the two to compensate for each other's weaknesses.

Dawkins tucking inside allowing the athletic Fozzy to overlap. 

The athletic Bryson running the channel in between footballers Martin and Dawkins. 

Hughes ticking things over for Russell and Wisdom. 

Hendrick doing Bamford's running for him when George took over the controlling role.

Like that? 

How did we manage to ruin that? 

1 minute ago, admira said:

Harry Maguire - Hull to Leicester for £17 million.

Will Hughes, England U21 captain sold for £5 million? I don't think so!  Go away little Watford

You tell them admira. :thumbsup:

Just now, cannable said:

The athletic Bryson running the channel in between footballers Martin and Dawkins. 

Hendrick doing Bamford's running for him when George took over the controlling role.

Like that? 

Injury to Thorne, Martin, Buxton, Eustace, Russell, Grant, Mascarell, Whitbread, Bent. Resulting in us missing out on the play offs and Mac getting sacked. Been a series of poor calls and more bad luck since.

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Like that? 

Incompetent management of the team and Incompetent management of the club.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, so why sell Hughes?  And it's not like Hughes isn't a grafter, he works as hard as anyone.

15 minutes ago, cannable said:

Unfortunately.

Yeah but what gives me at least a measure of hope is he also talked about having a real admiration for Klopp and that counterpressing style of play as well as talking about getting a few more physical grafters to allow the technically gifted players we have to flourish more.

Truth is, I really don't know how we will end up under Rowett. We could end up being an aggressive Klopp-esq counterattacking, looking to win the ball high up the pitch and immediately go for the jugular (not dissimilar to how we played in 13/14) or I could see us becoming a defensive unit that sits back and only looks to hit teams on the counter. 

Watford can offer whatever they want to but the real question is what are we prepared to sell for?

his value is a lot higher to us the supporters but what do other clubs value him at?

i would prefer him to be loaned out to the likes of Brighton to show what he can do and increase his value or wait for us to be promoted to the premiership ( I just don't like Watford and they stiffed us over Anya and Vydra)

do we the supporters really think that Will Hughes would be starting regularly for us this season? Because I don't and I expect him to be on the same level Butterfield which will be a substitute - all hard to believe but I think that is the reality as we stand

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah but what gives me at least a measure of hope is he also talked about having a real admiration for Klopp and that counterpressing style of play as well as talking about getting a few more physical grafters to allow the technically gifted players we have to flourish more.

Truth is, I really don't know how we will end up under Rowett. We could end up being an aggressive Klopp-esq counterattacking, looking to win the ball high up the pitch and immediately go for the jugular (not dissimilar to how we played in 13/14) or I could see us becoming a defensive unit that sits back and only looks to hit teams on the counter. 

I am of the same mind Brady. He is clearly happy with players demonstrating flair but he seems to value structure as wel.

i suspect he doesn't know himself as he isn't yet sure how the individuals will gel in to a unit. I have a feeling it's going to be a really interesting season.

Archived