West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Derbydave96 said:

Great result! 

Missed this one as got dragged out shopping by the missus! 

Was it deserved?

How did the new boy play?

Another left back injury? Bad?

Did we play normal 433? Who was holding?

How was Razza?

How did Shackell and Keogh look together? 

Also got dragged out shopping but left the missus to it and sat on a bench at Lakeside Donny with my phone to my ear listening to Ramage et al on RamsPlayer.  Get in, what a fantastic win....... now let's do the same to Leeds on Friday ?

3 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We missed players too 

Lets be honest we need to assume thorne is finished. By all means support him and stuff, but NOT rely on him. We need De Saart

De Saart is here on loan. He goes back at the end of the season

1 hour ago, eddie said:
2 hours ago, 86 points said:

West Brom manager Tony Pulis, speaking to BBC WM: "I'm really proud of the players. They've worked so hard. We battered them. We needed a break and we didn't get a break.

"The two goals they scored are disappointing from our point of view. We should have dealt with the first one - we stepped away from their player.

"With the second one, we'll have to talk about the wall. I've been in to see Jon [Moss, the referee], and he's marked out 13 paces for that free-kick. With others in the game, he's marked out 10 paces. Those are the breaks you need to get through in cup football."

Battered us, huh Tony! Cheated by the ref. Conceeded poor goals.... Magnanimous in defeat as ever, you moaning bellend ;)

Let's hope we get the same kind of battering by dirty Leeds .Tony p u r a right tit !

Not the better team, but two clinical moments were decisive. Real quality from Bent and Ince, a defensive masterclass from Shackell and guts and determination won this game for us. Only one stat counts and that's the number of goals each team scores.

Looking forward to Bryson being replaced, he just adds nothing. De Sart looked brilliant especially first half and Camara and Ince were willing to run at WBA when they got the ball. This scares defenders at any level.

Pulis is a bad loser. He should come out and say their inability to score more than once from 24 shots cost them the game. To complain about a referees wall just makes you sound like B4.

Away fans were special. Best I have seen us, loudest I have seen us in a long time. Well done all and enjoy it. Back to the league on Friday. Let's move forward with confidence.

Was stuck in with the West Brom fans today, horrific lot they are. Although saying that, hearing hundreds of Brummies moaning from the 55th minute onwards was strangely enjoyable. 

Might've been under the cosh after taking the lead but we never really looked like conceding again, and De Sarte was quality in the middle. Cup run!

23 minutes ago, feisty said:

and Christie who would be first choice arguably also. 

I think we're saying the same thing fella. I'd be playing Baird ahead of Cyrus on recent form but yes, another potential first-teamer missing from our line-up today whihc makes the performance all the more creditable.

12 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Was stuck in with the West Brom fans today, horrific lot they are. Although saying that, hearing hundreds of Brummies moaning from the 55th minute onwards was strangely enjoyable. 

Might've been under the cosh after taking the lead but we never really looked like conceding again, and De Sarte was quality in the middle. Cup run!

They are not Brummies.

31 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

West Brom is technically Black Country, not Brummie.

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Been away today so missed the game.  Fantastic result, one i hardly expected.  Coming back from a goal down to win the game away from home against a PL side shows character and that has to be good news

Pulis disagrees, they battered us good and proper

My thoughts for today are:-

Our two wide men taking on players and beating them.

Shackell was brilliant. 

We scored two goals.

We defended a lead and saw the game out.

Most of the first half we outplayed West Brom.

When we took the lead we gave up playing football. 

Why did Carson insist on kicking the ball short when a good hoof was required. Keogh saved his bacon the first time but got caught out the next time.

We have found a replacement for Thorne. I think De Sart may be our missing link and after today it is obvious Johnson can't play in that position. 

Overall a good game today. 5500 fans didn't quite match last seasons play off at Hull for atmosphere.

It was a bit of bugger getting away. 1/2 mile walk along an unlit tram line.

Archived