West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson: 6 - Bailed out by Keogh and didn't help him at all for their goal but vital save at the end got us the win.

Baird: 7 - Solid, versatile, steady. You know exactly what you're going to get with him, making all those who doubted him and even vilified him look pretty daft.

Keogh: 8 - Not as much as fault for the goal as is being made out, saved a goal with his block and was imperious throughout.

Shackell: 9 - I don't like the man at all but he was bloody brilliant today, in a game where we don't particularly need our centre backs to be outstanding on the ball he is ideal because he's a very good defender. As daft as it sounds he might potentially be more suited to us if we ever get promoted?

Hanson: 6 - Was absolutely fine while McClean was on that wing cutting in to Hanson's stronger foot but struggled when Pulis noticed and put Phillips there who was going outside of him. Didn't disgrace himself at all though. He's a really useful option for us to have in a few positions.

de Sart: 8 - Started brilliantly putting his foot in and spreading the play well very much like Thorne did. Perhaps struggled or at least was less influential as the game became more physical but match fitness or a lack of may have been a factor.

Bryson: 7 - Thought he played a really key role, when our striker isn't a hold up man particularly he is very much a neat and tidy player but he won the ball well on a number of occasions getting his foot in, helped us drive forward when we needed to as well.

Johnson: 6 - Was less influential further forward than he has been deeper but still did okay, possibly could've given Hanson a bit more of a hand at times.

Ince: 9 - He is just so good, was going inside and out and frightened the life out of their full back. Topped off with a great goal.

Camara: 7 - Seemed to be isolating himself in the first half by wanting to hug the touchline too much, was beating his man and crossing but there's no real benefit in crossing it to Bent and since. Second half much better, showed a bit more awareness and coming inside led to Bent's goal.

Bent: 8 - Was on the verge of falling out with him after the Wigan game where he seemed to go back to his on the shoulder game but he was back dropping deep today and was much better for it, great goal as well.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I thought Bryson's effort today was superb. He nicked the ball off the toes of the West Brom midfield so many times, we just didn't make them pay for it. He was a big part of why they were unable to get many shooting opportunities from just outside the box. Plus, he did brilliantly to link up with Ince (who also did brilliantly) for our second goal.

Fair enough - can respect two people will see a game in different ways. I didn't think Johnson was that good either. Fletcher ran the show in the middle but he's a proven Premiership player so understandable.

52 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Did we look good ?

My Baggie mate said we were brilliant from start to finish. He did say though it was nowhere near as good as the promotion celebration when Gabbiadini and the rest joined us in the away end ....

"the Rams are going up,

the Rams are going up,

and now you're gonna believe us,

and now you're gonna belieeeeeve us......

the Rams are going up"

I didn't go today and i'm so jealous of those who did, treasure these days lads and lasses and remember them with fondness. May they provide you with the fortitude to keep the faith in the barren years!

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Hopefully that will put an end to all the muppets who want to play weakened teams in cups. SM picked pretty much his strongest when you take into account injuries and suspensions. Pullis as well.. 

How much confidence will that give the team? Worth any amount of so called rest. Two teams going at it, proper football. 

I was so happy when Bournemouth got stuffed.. Pompus *****, 11 changes ffs. He deserves to be sacked. Diestrespected the fans, disrespectful to Millwall and the competition. 

Exactly this. What do we as fans (especially Forest) dine out on? 

Silverwar/Honours boards

You get no mention on any honours board for "getting to 40pts in the Prem"

I couldnt give a monkeys whether the shareholders get a good dividend from Prem survival. 

Get a trophy in the cabinet all day long.

Disgusting arrogance towards the paying public to look at it any other way. 

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

My Baggie mate said we were brilliant from start to finish. He did say though it was nowhere near as good as the promotion celebration when Gabbiadini and the rest joined us in the away end ....

"the Rams are going up,

the Rams are going up,

and now you're gonna belieeeeeve us......

the Rams are going up"

I didn't go today and i'm so jealous of those who did, treasure these days lads and lasses and remember them with fondness. May they provide you with the fortitude to keep the faith in the barren years!

Gabbiadini was in the away end today..........:wub:

2 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Exactly this. What do we as fans (especially Forest) dine out on? 

Silverwar/Honours boards

You get no mention on any honours board for "getting to 40pts in the Prem"

I couldnt give a monkeys whether the shareholders get a good dividend from Prem survival. 

Get a trophy in the cabinet all day long.

Disgusting arrogance towards the paying public to look at it any other way. 

Totally agree

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Fair enough - can respect two people will see a game in different ways. I didn't think Johnson was that good either. Fletcher ran the show in the middle but he's a proven Premiership player so understandable.

Agreed.

It's odd really. I thought Yacob was the weak link in the Albion midfield, but all the West Brom fans are saying they need to find a replacement for Fletcher, not Yacob.

He tweeted 'great to be in the away end with the bouncy rams'

I did tweet him, shamelessly, that my daughter was there, wearing his shirt....

Literally only just got back to Poole as stayed to celebrate with a few pints 

If we could only get that atmosphere at all our home games :D

Brilliant performance from the lads, been supporting and watching the boys since the mid 60s so seen a lot better performances than this one, but the FA Cup is such a special tournament and long may it stay that way! So many clubs and managers treat it with disrespect - you can only enjoy it when they get beat..

Today was our day - and I can pop it into the memory bank along with other great cup victories - thanks lads !!!!

Just now, steve brummie said:

Would that be a Marco Polo shirt?

Sorry, couldn't resist that!?❤️

Yeah, it's got a hole in it..........pah

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Oh my days, premiership opposition vanquished, Gumps thumped, landed a 6 fold acca for just shy of a grand and the lad's bought me a bottle of El Dorado 15. Short of Salma Hayek rocking up to re-enact that scene from Dusk Til Dawn in my living room, it just doesn't get better than this.

COYR

I will send her round if you PM me your address. Been celebrating our win so she may be a little dishevelled. 

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Brilliant MrsRam, made me laugh that did. ole, ole ole....Marco, Marco, 

I'm sure I've said this before - but when me and MrRam first moved in together, we got a kitten, and I insisted in calling it Gabby, although he was a boy...

Awaydays.

:ph34r:

Carson 7 - Awful start with almost giving goal away and then putting Keogh under pressure for the goal. Made one great save and punched several crosses clear

Baird 8 - Usual steady eddie performace, but today really stepped up to the aerial challenge

Hanson 5 - Did ok against McLean but got tore a new one by Phillips. Got little help from Camara tbf

Keogh 7 - Like Carson made a mistake but did very well in the rest of the game at CB. Struggled at RB for the last 10. 

Shackell 9 - Won everything and there was a lot to win. Looked like a man with something to prove. He proved it. MoM

De Sart 8 - Was very pleased when we signed him and wasn't disappointed. Great range of passing and broke up lots of attacks.  

Johnson 7 - Battled away all afternoon, covered loads of ground, could/should have got a shot or two in first half

Bryson 7 - Chased and harried all game. Got outmuscled at times but was an outlet at times when no one else was running

Ince 8 - Ran his heart out and scored a great goal. Took too long on the ball at times first half but was much better second half.

Camara 7 - His best game for Derby. Ran at Dawson and got several good low crosses in. Gave Hanson very little help defensively   

Bent 7 - Thought he was poor first half but the excellent goal gave him a lift and led the line well after that. Showed his experience. 

Archived