West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an excellent day out. Shame the ground is awful for disabled fans. Massive hike up from Middlemore Road and once in us wheelchair users were penned in so tight I couldnt get my wheelchair out unless at least two others moved off the platform. Seems they oversold wheelchair spaces too as they had to move people around and put some wheelchair users down on the blue concrete.

Highly amused at their 'fans' fighting after we scored. That whole corner of the WBA just over the exit on the right of us away lot were proper mongrels looking for a fight.

De Sart looked excellent, for such a slight lad he really got stuck in and seemed to read the game very well.

Was happy to see Camara have a good game, looked like he enjoyed himself.

Hope we get a good draw on Monday evening.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Not the better team, but two clinical moments were decisive. Real quality from Bent and Ince, a defensive masterclass from Shackell and guts and determination won this game for us. Only one stat counts and that's the number of goals each team scores.

Looking forward to Bryson being replaced, he just adds nothing. De Sart looked brilliant especially first half and Camara and Ince were willing to run at WBA when they got the ball. This scares defenders at any level.

Pulis is a bad loser. He should come out and say their inability to score more than once from 24 shots cost them the game. To complain about a referees wall just makes you sound like B4.

Away fans were special. Best I have seen us, loudest I have seen us in a long time. Well done all and enjoy it. Back to the league on Friday. Let's move forward with confidence.

I thought Bryson's effort today was superb. He nicked the ball off the toes of the West Brom midfield so many times, we just didn't make them pay for it. He was a big part of why they were unable to get many shooting opportunities from just outside the box. Plus, he did brilliantly to link up with Ince (who also did brilliantly) for our second goal.

We were the second best team in my opinion, and understandably so. But we deserved our win. Might sound strange but it's true. We took our chances. They didn't. 

No time for ratings but I felt the new lad De Sart looked the part. That rhymed. More of a footballing holding player than a destroyer, likd GT. Ince and Baird were brilliant and hats off to Shackell for making it look like he's played all season. 

Bryson was poor again. I prefer Johnson deeper. I still think we look better obviously with Butterfield and Hughes. 

WBA are a decent side. That's a great result. Would love a prolonged cup run so hope the draw is kind. Somebody **** at home. Are Forest still in? ????

Just got back ( been in the pub) 

very proud today everybody gave their all, the defending in the box was superb

shackell- first game for a long time well he was simply magnificent defending our box

fantastic day ! Those who weren't there well it was one not to miss sorry you missed it.

1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

Was stuck in with the West Brom fans today, horrific lot they are. Although saying that, hearing hundreds of Brummies moaning from the 55th minute onwards was strangely enjoyable. 

Might've been under the cosh after taking the lead but we never really looked like conceding again, and De Sarte was quality in the middle. Cup run!

Did we look good ?

2 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We were the second best team in my opinion, and understandably so. But we deserved our win. Might sound strange but it's true. We took our chances. They didn't. 

No time for ratings but I felt the new lad De Sart looked the part. That rhymed. More of a footballing holding player than a destroyer, likd GT. Ince and Baird were brilliant and hats off to Shackell for making it look like he's played all season. 

Bryson was poor again. I prefer Johnson deeper. I still think we look better obviously with Butterfield and Hughes. 

WBA are a decent side. That's a great result. Would love a prolonged cup run so hope the draw is kind. Somebody **** at home. Are Forest still in? ????

I thought at times we were the better team but over 90 mins West Brom had the possession and were a threat for the last 30 mins. 

If you look at their goal it was a gift from us. Then after we took the lead their only threat was to lump balls into the penalty area. We dealt with it very well. I'm glad we were at the other end.

Great result today. I must admit I wasn't expecting us to win..  I wasn't there but wish I was and really pleased with the response to last week. Quite a contrast of emotion in my house this afternoon.... my better half and in laws are Bournemouth fans....DCFC DCFC.. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There is a great report in the Birmingham Mail about the crowd if someone can put it here

CROWD WATCH

The Hawthorns was packed to the rafters with 25,288 insied the ground, the second highest gate of the season.

Seeing the Smethwick full of away fans took a bit of getting used to.

The travelling Rams helped build an electric atmosphere, one of the best down the Hawthorns this term.

Much of the home noise came from the Birmingham Road End.

“We’re gonna bounce in a minute,” came the call from the Rams, and bounce they did.

The Rams fans were rowdy throughout, regardless of the score and deserve great credit.

3 hours ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I had to sit in the home end today, which was hugely frustrating. 

The home fans were genuinely impressed by our first bounce, when the entire away end was it at. "Wow" and "That looks good don't it?" It looked fantastic and the general volume was incredible, so well done to all!

In terms of the game, I thought we were the better team for 60 minutes, barring a couple of bad errors. Carson owes Keogh a drink or three for that clearance in the first few minutes! I was very surprised by how ineffective West Brom were and we showed good control, despite not creating much in the way of real chances.

Brilliant goals. I especially enjoyed Bent's strike, it was a real beauty. 

The last half hour was hell, especially because I was surrounded by some extremely angry Baggies. I have to be honest and say I didn't think we were going to hold on. It looked like a fantastic save from Carson late on and funnily enough the very final couple of minutes were less stressful than the previous 20 or so.

All in all I'm chuffed because I thought we were in for a beating today. Bring on the draw!

Just a 3/4 fan then. You should have been up and singing for Derby when the 2nd went in! Or at least sprinting down to our fans.

12 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

CROWD WATCH

The Hawthorns was packed to the rafters with 25,288 insied the ground, the second highest gate of the season.

Seeing the Smethwick full of away fans took a bit of getting used to.

The travelling Rams helped build an electric atmosphere, one of the best down the Hawthorns this term.

Much of the home noise came from the Birmingham Road End.

“We’re gonna bounce in a minute,” came the call from the Rams, and bounce they did.

The Rams fans were rowdy throughout, regardless of the score and deserve great credit.

That's what makes me love Derby and football.

Archived