January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

24 minutes ago, Genius. said:

Iheanacho on loan would be quality. Peter Crouch, Jon Walters, Connor Wickham, Ulloa.

It's a longshot but Shinji Okazaki as Vardy, Slimani and Musa are playing over him.

Crouch signed new contract other day. 

Not a suggestion, more an observation:

A few players have been mentioned (Mutch being one) that have been rejected based on unsuccessful spells at other clubs. However, I would rather we went for someone in this situation - a good player, whose had a bad spell or out of the team somewhere. Value low often can mean we grab a bargain if they fit our system (see messrs Ward, Martin etc) 

I would rather we go down this route than sign a £10 mill player, simply because in today's market, that will sign you an average champ player whose scored a handful of goals for a team contending in the top half (Danny Graham, I'm looking at you...not Cos you'll cost £10 mill, but we would have to pay a large fee for someone basically going for pennies 6 months ago)

rant over, apologies for the length 

8 hours ago, r4derby said:

Not a suggestion, more an observation:

A few players have been mentioned (Mutch being one) that have been rejected based on unsuccessful spells at other clubs. However, I would rather we went for someone in this situation - a good player, whose had a bad spell or out of the team somewhere. Value low often can mean we grab a bargain if they fit our system (see messrs Ward, Martin etc) 

I would rather we go down this route than sign a £10 mill player, simply because in today's market, that will sign you an average champ player whose scored a handful of goals for a team contending in the top half (Danny Graham, I'm looking at you...not Cos you'll cost £10 mill, but we would have to pay a large fee for someone basically going for pennies 6 months ago)

rant over, apologies for the length 

That barely qualifies as a sentence to @Tony Le Mesmer:D.

On 05/01/2017 at 10:58, Premier ram said:

liking this young premier loan ideas Mac has , De Sart highly rated at Boro , would like us to loan Brendan Galloway the Everton and England u21 left back , impressed when he appeared for the Blues last year

if only i had gone down the jb route and said i was itk , i could of made some money out of some of you

On 08/01/2017 at 00:49, nottskentuckyram said:

Instead of butterfield, blackman and weimann, i still believe derby should have gone for GMS and Hourihane (im just throwing this out there) 

I dont care about lansbury (another Arsenal reject) and i feel the only reason people want him is to get one over on forest

But the point i wanna make is we have bought mediocre in last couple of transfer windows 

We have bought players that you would associate to survive in championship instead of buying players to get promoted to where we belong

Bit of a contradiction here surely?

Why would you associate any of our signings as Championship survival signings and then say we should sign someone from Barnsley? 

And as I have asked every other person who has recommended Hourihane, how many times have you seen him play and what would he bring to our team?

Mate is a ST holder at Oakwell. Hourihane is class apparently so I have to take it from the horses mouth. He is furious at losing Winnall for peanuts even though he's out of contract in the summer and losing Hourihane for peanuts would top it off. Especially I they both end up at Wendies.

Perhaps Derby can step in and ensure that doesn't happen?