January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

May as well start afresh since the summer window is over. Looking forward to January think we need to address the right back situation. Christie's contract expires at the end of the season so makes sense to cash in in January. Doesn't deserve an extension. Too much of a liability defending crosses and deliveries into the box from corners. 

Christie has been brilliant for us, barring a dodgy spell at the end of the 2014/15 season where the entire squad effectively capitulated.

Adding to that he's still only 23 so has potential to improve further, he's easily one of our most talented youngsters hence his consistent place in the first team.

If Cyrus wanted to move to a prem club, I wouldn't blame him but I definitely wouldn't be actively looking to sell him...

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I think Christie has cemented his place partly because we don't have anybody to replace him. Like others have said his contract is up at the end of the season, Keoghs was also up at the end of the season but they got that sorted out fairly quickly. Can't he sign for somebody for free in January? 

Based on my deep knowledge of Football Manager, I think he can sign a contract abroad but not domestically?

37 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I think Christie has cemented his place partly because we don't have anybody to replace him. Like others have said his contract is up at the end of the season, Keoghs was also up at the end of the season but they got that sorted out fairly quickly. Can't he sign for somebody for free in January? 

You're right, Prem clubs have shown interest simply because we have no replacement. He's picked consistently for the Ireland squad because they've got no replacements. Christie won Young Player of the Year 2015/16 because there's no-one else to challenge him for it...

Oh wait!

Cyrus is an interesting one ,,, I reckon he probably has the right attitude and there's no doubt there's potential in there , be interesting to see if Pearson thinks there a player in there that can be developed with the right coaching I think he just might as I think he will want the full backs getting forward overlapping , it's a case of knowing the right time to do it and being a bit more savvy with his defensive positioning and duties

The plan for Jan should be - 

Sign loads and loads of players without signing too many

Sign only vastly experienced players but with an emphasis on youth

Sign players that suit the new managers system but keep playing the system we have for the last few years

Boo every new signing in order to ensure that their confidence levels are at a maximum.

Complain the squad is too big but sign players who won't improve our squad.

Complain that we have fell short the last few years and complain when something is done to try and change it. 

I think I've covered the ideal scenario for Jan. Mel please implement the thoughts of the forum. 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The plan for Jan should be - 

Sign loads and loads of players without signing too many

Sign only vastly experienced players but with an emphasis on youth

Sign players that suit the new managers system but keep playing the system we have for the last few years

Boo every new signing in order to ensure that their confidence levels are at a maximum.

Complain the squad is too big but sign players who won't improve our squad.

Complain that we have fell short the last few years and complain when something is done to try and change it. 

I think I've covered the ideal scenario for Jan. Mel please implement the thoughts of the forum. 

<applauds>

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Competition for Thorne, the position that's desperately been needed for 2 years now- although this could be sorted now by bringing in Poyet

Why???? Thorne is a CDM? 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 are Pearson formations neither have a CDM!!