January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

“At the moment, we are not active, we are not looking. If anything does develop, then fine, but I don’t see it at the moment.” 

Just to be clear, we arguably only needed to bring in a new LW, an attacking midfielder and a LB on loan this window.

Instead we've brought in David Nugent and Julien De Sart.

Who is in charge of recruitment at this club? 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That sounds like a real stretch to me...

I'm not saying that is the case but it'd be very logical to do something like that. If the selling club thinks you're desperate for a midfielder they have a stronger position to negotiate for a bigger fee. It's like when club's announce that they've got a 'warchest' together to go to market with and suddenly find everyone is trying to charge them a premium.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just to be clear, we arguably only needed to bring in a new LW, an attacking midfielder and a LB on loan this window.

Instead we've brought in David Nugent and Julien De Sart.

Who is in charge of recruitment at this club? 

I'd actually argue that bringing in a new striker and a cover for DM was paramount this window. We desperately lacked a striker with an ability to help linkup with the midfield and so unless we could get Martin back we needed to recruit. Whilst Johnson was doing a decent job at DM, he can't control games like we need him to and if he got injured we'd be buggered because we need to allow Thorne time to get fit and shouldn't rely on that being the case.

You are right in that we need to improve LW and attacking midfielder but we have enough to cover these areas and the players playing there are doing an adequate job. A Lb on loan would have been reasonable but Olsson, Lowe and Anya were only short term injuries.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

“At the moment, we are not active, we are not looking. If anything does develop, then fine, but I don’t see it at the moment.” 

Doesn't look like we are, which I find pretty puzzling. 

Just trying to stop Villa sniffing around our targets maybe ?

Think a winger may be incoming or maybe the Weimann loan was just to thin out the position so everyone gets a chance.

Blackman had trained so maybe stevie may give him a game against reading if Nugent isn't fit as suggested by Mac. Given the style reading play we need someone who is willing to press from the front, maybe Vydra up top or Blackman? 

Dont ask me for names , but i think either in this window or if not defo in the summer we should be looking to bring in a Captain , this isnt a go at Keogh who has been very good so far this season , but i think we should be looking for a Van De Laan type player , somebody who can keep us playing and focussed for 90 mins , Chris Evans , over to you

31 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Dont ask me for names , but i think either in this window or if not defo in the summer we should be looking to bring in a Captain , this isnt a go at Keogh who has been very good so far this season , but i think we should be looking for a Van De Laan type player , somebody who can keep us playing and focussed for 90 mins , Chris Evans , over to you

.......and that's not having a go at Keogh???? 

I think we should get a goalkeeper in like Poom - not having a go at Carson though!

I'm waiting for some laughable African nations suggestions without any research for this thread. I feel let down that someone hasn't suggested a player without realising he plays for inter Milan or just signed for a Chinese club for £50mill.

the big lad up front for Gabon looks like he could do a job as back up for nugent....

26 minutes ago, KBB said:

I'm waiting for some laughable African nations suggestions without any research for this thread. I feel let down that someone hasn't suggested a player without realising he plays for inter Milan or just signed for a Chinese club for £50mill.

the big lad up front for Gabon looks like he could do a job as back up for nugent....

Mahrez :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

It's in the suggestion thread so I'm guessing it is

This because I saw someone retweeted some bs rumour about the player to here hence I asked other poster whether it is ACTUALLY his suggestion or not that's all. 

21 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This because I saw someone retweeted some bs rumour about the player to here hence I asked other poster whether it is ACTUALLY his suggestion or not that's all. 

Suggestion not seen any rumours 

7 hours ago, Premier ram said:

I think that is very far down the priority list for transfers right now. We first need to get back to a squad with tactical cohesion first.