January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

25 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

If I could have my way, our realistic transfers, come the end of the window, would look something like this:

Sam Byram- West Ham (loan w/ view to permanent)
Ben Chillwell- Leicester (loan)
Henri Lansbury- Forest
Bakary Sako- Crystal Palace
Chris Martin- returning home :p

Good shout all that lot,

32 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've seen quite a few (notably @Carl Sagan ) mention they'd like Bogle here. Rotherham have apparently just bid 350k for him. Cheap option if Martin isn't able to return. 

Spoke to my mate who's a Grimsby fan in exile down south.  Doesn't see a lot of them, but did catch them at Crawley. Mariners lost 3-2 in a match where Bogle hit a screamer from outside the box.  My mate's analysis was that he's not blessed with pace (which I'd assumed he was) but that he can play and will play at higher levels.

I'd have him (despite my mate's plea to leave it until the summer) and Sammon. Probably get both of them for similar or less than the Lansbury fee and easier to get done too?

50 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've seen quite a few (notably @Carl Sagan ) mention they'd like Bogle here. Rotherham have apparently just bid 350k for him. Cheap option if Martin isn't able to return. 

I think the timing's wrong with Bogle. We're going to be fully stocked on strikers if Martin comes back and wouldn't go for someone else unless Vydra leaves.

If we stay down and he's still available in the summer (he won't be), I think he'd be a perfect replacement for Bent, as a striker who can offer some hold up play as well as pace in behind.

But unfortunately he'd be unnessecary right now, we're going to have 3 strikers who all rightly think they should be starting for a championship team with only one striking position.

He doesn't fit, but I'd love to bring him in if we sell Vydra. He'd learn so much from Bent and Martin, it would be a great way to settle the squad too, because I think he'd understand about being 3rd in the pecking order and be more happy with it than I imagine Vydra will be.

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think the timing's wrong with Bogle. We're going to be fully stocked on strikers if Martin comes back and wouldn't go for someone else unless Vydra leaves.

If we stay down and he's still available in the summer (he won't be), I think he'd be a perfect replacement for Bent, as a striker who can offer some hold up play as well as pace in behind.

But unfortunately he'd be unnessecary right now, we're going to have 3 strikers who all rightly think they should be starting for a championship team with only one striking position.

He doesn't fit, but I'd love to bring him in if we sell Vydra. He'd learn so much from Bent and Martin, it would be a great way to settle the squad too, because I think he'd understand about being 3rd in the pecking order and be more happy with it than I imagine Vydra will be.

If Fulham stick to their guns and don't allow Martin to return, Bogle would be a good signing I reckon. It'd be better signing someone like him for a low fee than spending big again only to end up with 3 high profile forwards next season, all on large wages and all wanting to be the main forward. Unless our scouts can find someone decent on loan.

We are nearly always linked to established or known players either from the premier league or the championship and end paying big fees. I would like to see our scouting team come up with new names from either the lower leagues or from Europe,players who are young, hungary for a chance to shine. Even if they do not make the grade with us we maybe be able to develop them enough to sell them on later for a profit.

A long shot but despite his lack of playing time I could see Shackell to Swansea coming off, given their defence and lack of financial clout right now. He'd certainly improve them in a second vs Amat and Dawson. Tempted to ring the bookies and put a quid on it.