Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

So just because I don't nod my head in agreement with our current manager makes me cringeworthy. I'd suggest that you watch our great manager's interviews back if you think I'm more arrogant than he is. I turned against him because I knew he wasn't the man for the job, even when he was in the academy he was arrogant. Arrogance is sometimes good in football but at least back it up and he hasn't and has never accepted responsibility. I'd have a lot more respect for him as would a lot of others if he owned up to his mistakes like Clement did

And how did you know he was 'not the man for the job' exactly?

When did you area of expertise expand from European football, player recruitment, formations and tactics, to also include coach and manager recruitment? (You do realise Football Manager isn't real don't you?)

And would you like to qualify your statement re him being arrogant in the academy?

I do actually agree with the fact that he should accept some of the responsibility but some of the points used to try and back these sort of statements are ludicrous.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I don't think that Wassall is arrogant enough.

He was a junior coach suddenly promoted to 'manage' a bunch of over paid, serial bottling, first team 'stars'. It was an almost impossible task for anyone to move from 'Dazza from the kids' to Mr Wassall the gaffer. I think that Mel got it wrong and Wassall never really had a realistic chance of success in the circumstances, but he's done a reasonable job in a difficult position. IMO, the only way anyone could have made the step up is with an unswerving self-belief and arrogance. Brian Clough or Jose Mourinho may well have made it work. Even Igor would have had a decent chance - but Wassall is far too normal.

PistoldPete2

I would like to think that although Wassall has not achieved promotion for the Rams, he may still be in line for a promotion at the rAms, possibly to assistant manager. So depending on who takes over as manager, he can still stay on at the club. I doubt he will want to back to being academy boss now. BTW I don't think Harry Redknap should be a candidate as manager, especially as I doubt he would be able to commit enough time. He will be staying on the South Coast, too much of a commute to Derby everyday. 

@G STAR RAM we created chances but we also got tore apart by Barry ******* Bannan, if that's not alarm bells I don't know what is. Regardless of the other two times we've played them, Hull still have very good players and it was arrogant to think we could go out and walk it. 

I get your point on Pearson he wouldn't be my first choice.

Just now, YouRams said:

@G STAR RAM we created chances but we also got tore apart by Barry ******* Bannan, if that's not alarm bells I don't know what is. Regardless of the other two times we've played them, Hull still have very good players and it was arrogant to think we could go out and walk it. 

I get your point on Pearson he wouldn't be my first choice.

That's a fair point and I did allude to the fact that they created a lot of chances too.

Not sure if you was insinuating Bannan is a bad player by the way, he has been excellent most times I've seen him this season.

And let's be honest, Hull certainly don't have any creative midfielders in the mould of Bannan.

On 5/16/2016 at 07:43, G STAR RAM said:

Unfortunately, personal agendas and the desperation to be proved right are much more important to some than the future of the club.

Anyway, I heard that it was Redknapp that got the u21s over the finish line.

When's the open top bus parade for the U21s happening? Be nice to see them one last time before they all get released.

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I would like to think that although Wassall has not achieved promotion for the Rams, he may still be in line for a promotion at the rAms, possibly to assistant manager. So depending on who takes over as manager, he can still stay on at the club. I doubt he will want to back to being academy boss now. BTW I don't think Harry Redknap should be a candidate as manager, especially as I doubt he would be able to commit enough time. He will be staying on the South Coast, too much of a commute to Derby everyday. 

Reward for failure?   A new coach has to choose his own team and Wassall's uninspiring sideline decisions have already proved disastrous.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

All right please enlighten me how I don't know as "much as I think I do", I am really intrigued. Btw Wassall wouldn't get lynched if he admitted his mistakes, that's one of the aspects where people respected Clement, he admitted that he was wrong and I don't know anyone who criticized him because of it. Takes a big man to admit their mistakes. If he did admit them then I'd respect him for it.

100% agree, well said! 

On 14/08/2015 at 22:54, McLovin said:

I'm so sorry guys. My nephew was at my house yesterday and I just found out now that he was on my account and spammed the voting system. I had no idea that he had access to the voting system. I sometimes let him go on my account like yesterday and he must have done it then. I don't know how he done it multiple times because I just tried to do the poll more than once and it won't let me . My sister,his mum has just given him a right telling off because I also stupidly left my facebook on as he accessed it on my laptop and he spammed a lot of my friends as well as this forum because I forgot to log out of both Facebook and this forum and both were still accessible because i left the tabs open. I'm so sorry but he is only 10. I'm glad that we found out that he did this now rather than later where it may have resulted in a more serious issue,although he almost broke up a  relationship on facebook. I can't be sorry enough on behalf of my nephew. We can safely say that he won't be accessing my account or my laptop for my matter for the forseeable future. I'm also annoyed because i was hoping to use this survey to help me with my end of season best player awards like dale the Ram. Once again I can't be sorry enough. Me as well as my sister explained to him the dangers of the internet. It was stupid on my behalf leaving both of my accounts open though but as stated previously this wont be happening again. I hope all is forgiven. I'm just so grateful that he didn't do anything too serious

Oh, err, this is awkward. 

Maybe Wassall's nephew re-wrote the match plan while he wasn't looking!

Putting Darren in charge was expedient by Mel - who knows what assumptions were made about how well Darren knew and could motivate the players? I can see the logic of Mel thinking "well DW might or might not know what will make this team tick, but if i bring in someone new then they DEFINITELY won't".

It looks like it won't have worked to the extent of achieving the ultimate promotion goal, but to listen to some of the stuff spouted on here, you could be forgiven for thinking Darren Wassall had continued the plunge down the table that started under PC and we had been in a scrap with forest for 16th place......

wassell definitely deserves another season...the lads are playing well and playing together as a team again....i really dont think that changing them the manager again and disrupting the team would be anything other than a negative move.

i appreciate that wassell is a work in progress but i truly believe that derby would thrive over a full season with him...tonight's performance just reinforced my view on it.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Wassall 9th best manager in country, according to LMA.....from SSN

image.jpeg

Look at the amount of games though, no where near to the others there.

Get the idiot out now. I will never go to another Derby game while he is in charge.

I really, really wanted to come on here and say something positive about Wassall tonight. Especially after watching him wade through those horrible Hull fans an applaud our fans. But, alas, I foolishly waited around to listen to his interview with Sky.

It started off ok. He praised the players and applauded their fight. And then it descended into a horrible advert for 'Team Wassall'. So cringe-worthy it could have curdled milk. He even mentioned how the team represents HIM. No it doesn't Darren. It really, really doesn't. Such a shame that he had to go out in such a David Brent-esque fashion. 

He won't resign. So let's hope Mel makes the decisions he should of made 16 games ago and hires a new manager.

18 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Is the name calling really necessary ? He might not be the answer to the managerial situation but I think calling him an idiot is uncalled for. Grow up.

He is an idiot. I can't stand the bloke for how conceited and up his own arse he is and I can't forgive him for the ridiculous substitutions he made at Rotherham which made us lose the game. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I really, really wanted to come on here and say something positive about Wassall tonight. Especially after watching him wade through those horrible Hull fans an applaud our fans. But, alas, I foolishly waited around to listen to his interview with Sky.

It started off ok. He praised the players and applauded their fight. And then it descended into a horrible advert for 'Team Wassall'. So cringe-worthy it could have curdled milk. He even mentioned how the team represents HIM. No it doesn't Darren. It really, really doesn't. Such a shame that he had to go out in such a David Brent-esque fashion. 

He won't resign. So let's hope Mel makes the decisions he should of made 16 games ago and hires a new manager.

What's even more 'cringeworthy' is that after that performance, all you can offer is rant about the manager's post-match interview.  Frankly, you're an embarrassment.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Wassall 9th best manager in country, according to LMA.....from SSN

image.jpeg

One other manager with less than 40 games (and that manager won the premier league). Even the three below would be better than Wassall at Derby. Don't let stats blind you. Bruno Cheyrou has a champions league winners medal, doesn't make him better than Will Hughes.

Archived