Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

The only other bad decision I would say is trying 4-4-2 against MK Dons, with Russell up front. Totally agree with the rest.

I would also add the team selection at Cardiff, however I don't think it's just the bad decisions that highlight that he isn't managerial material.  He has now lost more games than PC, and Saturday highlighted his inabilities to influence a game,

Bruce learned from the defeats to us, he set up his side to counter our strengths and probably couldn't believe how easy it was.  It was obvious in the game against Sheff Wed that without the ball and with Hughes at DM we were always in danger off conceding a goal. 

I always thought he would fail, and of course it's the fans fault including Me for giving him negative thoughts that resulted in the strange interviews he has.  If he goes back to the academy good luck to him, however if he believes he is manager material then it will be intresting to see his next steps, and if he has the determination to get another managerial job and prove all the doubters wrong, whichever path he chooses he will better for the experience of this season.  

Of course there is still that possibility that Mel gives him the job FT, I have to admit that would not suprise me in the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What a bunch of crap from a bunch of know-all's. Wassall may not be the answer for dcfc but he knows more about football and management than all you lot put together. Give the guy just a little respect. 

Calm down Mrs Wassall.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

His arrogance is unbelievable. Still not accepting responsibility with his latest comment. And people wonder why others are turning against him.

What about YOUR arrogance McLovin?

You've got an expert view on everything going on at this club, every club in England, every manager ever, everything going on in Germany and Spain as well.

Tell me bonnie lad, what are your achievements in the game? Better than Darrens' I assume?

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

What about YOUR arrogance McLovin?

You've got an expert view on everything going on at this club, every club in England, every manager ever, everything going on in Germany and Spain as well.

Tell me bonnie lad, what are your achievements in the game? Better than Darrens' I assume?

This isn't about me though, stop trying to deflect away the issue at hand. This man still is not accepting responsibility for the defeat or tactics. People would like him more if he would just flaming accept responsibility. It's so easy to see that he is not the man for this job, fans of other teams and their dogs do. When Barca went out of the champions league, luis Enrique said that he alone to blame, now that is a class manager unlike Wassall. I'm not more qualified that Wassall but there are loads of managers out of there who are , who would also accept responsibility for a defeat as well.

The thing is any respect he has earnt he is quickly losing with comments such as the one made today. He speaks almost like a child on the defensive, it's so frustrating to listen too. Admitting you got something wrong doesn't make you less of a person, makes you a better one in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

This isn't about me though, stop trying to deflect away the issue at hand. This man still is not accepting responsibility for the defeat or tactics. People would like him more if he would just flaming accept responsibility. When Barca went out of the champions league, luis Enrique said that he alone to blame, now that is a class manager unlike Wassall. I'm not more qualified that Wassall but there are loads of managers out of there who are , who would also accept responsibility for a defeat as well.

Unlike you sunshine I don't think my views carry enough weight to deflect from any issue at hand.

I'm not looking to deflect anything. I'm trying to tell you that you don't know anywhere near as much as you let on and that you're a little bit too full of your own self importance. 

It wouldn't make a jot of difference if Darren came out and "admitted" it was all his fault, he'd still be getting the lynching he's getting either way.

What if he doesn't think it's his fault at all? Should he just admit it anyway to shut people like you up?

Maybe for once, just bite your tongue.

It'll all be over tomorrow anyway, then you can look forward to the new season starting with a new bloke and maybe a new squad as well.

There's not a chance on god's green earth Mel can give the job to Wass now. if he does, it would be the worse decision he's made at DCFC and let's be honest, although he's quite rightly beyond criticism cos it's his money he's throwing down the drain, he's made a couple of huge ricks already.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

His arrogance is unbelievable. Still not accepting responsibility with his latest comment. And people wonder why others are turning against him.

HIS arrogance is unbelievable? Perhaps you ought to take a look in the mirror, because pretty much every post you come out with at the moment is utterly cringeworthy.

As far as 'turning against him', you did that the day he was appointed. Compared to you, the others are still playing catch-up.

I've seen more loyal fans spinning in circles on ceilings.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

Unlike you sunshine I don't think my views carry enough weight to deflect from any issue at hand.

I'm not looking to deflect anything. I'm trying to tell you that you don't know anywhere near as much as you let on and that you're a little bit too full of your own self importance. 

It wouldn't make a jot of difference if Darren came out and "admitted" it was all his fault, he'd still be getting the lynching he's getting either way.

What if he doesn't think it's his fault at all? Should he just admit it anyway to shut people like you up?

Maybe for once, just bite your tongue.

It'll all be over tomorrow anyway, then you can look forward to the new season starting with a new bloke and maybe a new squad as well.

There's not a chance on god's green earth Mel can give the job to Wass now. if he does, it would be the worse decision he's made at DCFC and let's be honest, although he's quite rightly beyond criticism cos it's his money he's throwing down the drain, he's made a couple of huge ricks already.

All right please enlighten me how I don't know as "much as I think I do", I am really intrigued. Btw Wassall wouldn't get lynched if he admitted his mistakes, that's one of the aspects where people respected Clement, he admitted that he was wrong and I don't know anyone who criticized him because of it. Takes a big man to admit their mistakes. If he did admit them then I'd respect him for it.

15 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The thing is any respect he has earnt he is quickly losing with comments such as the one made today. He speaks almost like a child on the defensive, it's so frustrating to listen too. Admitting you got something wrong doesn't make you less of a person, makes you a better one in my eyes. 

What has he said?

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

HIS arrogance is unbelievable? Perhaps you ought to take a look in the mirror, because pretty much every post you come out with at the moment is utterly cringeworthy.

As far as 'turning against him', you did that the day he was appointed. Compared to you, the others are still playing catch-up.

So just because I don't nod my head in agreement with our current manager makes me cringeworthy. I'd suggest that you watch our great manager's interviews back if you think I'm more arrogant than he is. I turned against him because I knew he wasn't the man for the job, even when he was in the academy he was arrogant. Arrogance is sometimes good in football but at least back it up and he hasn't and has never accepted responsibility. I'd have a lot more respect for him as would a lot of others if he owned up to his mistakes like Clement did

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

People want Derby to be a bit more arrogant too.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Had a snipe at the fans saying "Nobody complained when we beat Hull 4-0 using that system". 

Think he forgot we had two CDM's in the squad on that day. 

Was that not in response to people saying 4-3-3 was not working? 

Bradley Johnson did not play as a CDM that night. Scored twice and that may have been in DWs thinking when starting him on Saturday?

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was that not in response to people saying 4-3-3 was not working? 

Bradley Johnson did not play as a CDM that night. Scored twice and that may have been in DWs thinking when starting him on Saturday?

Yeah he meant 433, my point is we had GT on the pitch that day. Anyone who's watched Derby over the passed couple of seasons know it's a completely different scenario playing a 433 without him or even Hanson. 

So to snipe and say well it worked that day is complete nonsense and frankly a childish response, he can't deal with criticism. 

24 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Yeah he meant 433, my point is we had GT on the pitch that day. Anyone who's watched Derby over the passed couple of seasons know it's a completely different scenario playing a 433 without him or even Hanson. 

So to snipe and say well it worked that day is complete nonsense and frankly a childish response, he can't deal with criticism. 

Maybe he has just got fed up of self professed experts using hindsight to pick apart every decision that he makes?

Playing Hughes CDM against an in form Sheff Wed team seemed to work ok, we created chances galore that day (although they also did).

I reckon he would maybe have dealt with criticism better if it was constructive criticism that had started longer than 90 minutes after he took up the role.

As I've said on another thread, it's funny that people use his interviews as a stick to beat him with and then say they want Nigel Pearson...

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

So just because I don't nod my head in agreement with our current manager makes me cringeworthy. I'd suggest that you watch our great manager's interviews back if you think I'm more arrogant than he is. I turned against him because I knew he wasn't the man for the job, even when he was in the academy he was arrogant. Arrogance is sometimes good in football but at least back it up and he hasn't and has never accepted responsibility. I'd have a lot more respect for him as would a lot of others if he owned up to his mistakes like Clement did

Maybe the players wouldn't? Maybe that is why we went on a poor run. Saying that it was his fault and then the players started to question everything he did? I am just speculating here.

I couldn't care less what he says in his interviews, he isn't going to say exactly what he thinks and it is that he will do to resolve it. All that matters is what happens out on the pitch for 90 minutes. And we have been very hit and miss, at our best under him we put 4 past Hull and Bolton, at our worst we lost to Hull and Cardiff.

I suspect he will have 1 game left unless he can pull off something that he has done once already this season.

Is this one of those situations where fans take a pop at a player/manager then the minute they give anything back the toys come out the pram?

Then the they should be more professional line gets trotted out.

If Wassall stands by his tactics, team selection, fair play to him, if he doesn't feel like he has anything to apologise for then great. I'm not going to get all butt hurt about it.

I would rather know his true feelings rather than trying to please the fans.

Archived