Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

I think Wassall has done ok, if he stays, i will back him. If he goes, at least he goes with his head up. He gave it a go, shame the players didn't in the first leg, but that performance on saturday comes around way too often with these players, whoever has been coach/manager.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, I am Ram said:

I think Wassall has done ok, if he stays, i will back him. If he goes, at least he goes with his head up. He gave it a go, shame the players didn't in the first leg, but that performance on saturday comes around way too often with these players, whoever has been coach/manager.

My gram could have done "okay" with that squad in that league, and she's been dead ten years.

The man's a fist pumping clown.

Just now, Bilbo said:

My gram could have done "okay" with that squad in that league, and she's been dead ten years.

The man's a fist pumping clown.

How many coaches do we have to sack before you realise it may be the players, of which he bought none.

8 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

How many coaches do we have to sack before you realise it may be the players, of which he bought none.

You're right, clearly he's the man for Derby, let's sign him up on a 20 year deal. 

Wassall should come out and clearly say that he has stepped in when asked and done his best but wants to return to the Academy with a view to exploring management again in the future. This will clear the air and give us our best chance to get a big manager sooner rather than later. This will avoid tensions in the Club. Thanks Darren

15 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

So Wassall's poor team selection for Saturday was not important, - playing ince on the right, playing Hughes as CDM , selecting Bradley Johnson, not making changes early enough when we were failing.  Wassall is a dead man walking as a result of those poor decisions. No evidence he learnt from his mistakes at all.

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

You're right, clearly he's the man for Derby, let's sign him up on a 20 year deal. 

It's not my decision to make Bilbo, if he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. Im just pointing out he steadied the ship and got us to the playoffs, so probably doesn't deserve to be called a clown.

Yes. Wassall out. But I like the guy, he's come out of this season with his reputation enhanced if anything and I'd love to see him go back to the 21s with head held high.

If we do appoint him, I'm right behind him. But not the right choice for me.

He did better than I thought he would but ultimately I don't think he's got what it takes to be a top manager. The players are at fault too, to be fair, and players don't get blamed enough when things go wrong. There should be significant turnover this summer. As long as we keep Hughes and Thorne I'll be happy, the others are easily replaceable. 

QSF best choice for me, got Watford playing to their strengths. Well-organised defensively and a great strike partnership. That's what gets you out of the Championship.

12 minutes ago, DRBee said:
13 minutes ago, DRBee said:

So Wassall's poor team selection for Saturday was not important, - playing ince on the right, playing Hughes as CDM , selecting Bradley Johnson, not making changes early enough when we were failing.  Wassall is a dead man walking as a result of those poor decisions. No evidence he learnt from his mistakes at all.

Look, i think he should go back to the academy, he made mistakes, novices do. Im just saying he got us to the playoffs and did ok. What got me to reply in this thread was the name calling, no need for it. I also proportion more blame to the players, they cross the white line after all.

Not saying he should get the job, but one thing that does work in his favour is that he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice.

Nothing frustrates me more than managers doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. We didn't see a repeat of the Rortherham debacle. His post math interviews have improved. Hughes wasn't played deep again.

He's made a lot of mistakes, some of which are hugely frustrating, but you can't say he isn't learning.

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Not saying he should get the job, but one thing that does work in his favour is that he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice.

Nothing frustrates me more than managers doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. We didn't see a repeat of the Rortherham debacle. His post math interviews have improved. Hughes wasn't played deep again.

He's made a lot of mistakes, some of which are hugely frustrating, but you can't say he isn't learning.

That's true (I like your avatar by the way)

The players deserve more of the blame than Wassall and the only thing he did wrong tonight was the subs. What I worry about is the "Derby way" rubbish, because Wassall could easily just become a yes man to Morris. If he does stay on he at least needs to be given the freedom to coach the team.

Agree entirely. Has learnt on the job and done a decent job all things considered. Is he the man for me?????? not sure but wouldnt be overly disappointed if MM gives him the gig. The big thing in his favour is that the level of performance albeit inconsistant has come on leaps and bounds since the correct decision to dispense with PC and has been mentioned where he has had a blip he hasnt repeated the same fox paws.

If Pearson and Warburton are not available i will remain as is. What he would need though are big cohonees to have a good pruning of the squad and bring through some of the talented and hungry youngsters.

I do love his passion for the club and in my eyes that is a definite tick in the box. Seeing him jumping up and down in the technical area shows he is desperate to succeed.

Can't help but think the part where he says that's how teams should play for him is his way of selling himself to anyone that is listening and in need of a manager and not necessarily Mel.

Archived