Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bilbo said:

One other manager with less than 40 games (and that manager won the premier league). Even the three below would be better than Wassall at Derby. Don't let stats blind you. Bruno Cheyrou has a champions league winners medal, doesn't make him better than Will Hughes.

They're not. I posted it out of mild surprise.

Wassall has been on a hiding to nothing ever since he took the HC role.

He's acheived his targets - to get us in the play offs, and get us playing better, sorry Mel, I mean playing 'The Derby Way'. The 2nd leg, plus the 4-0 home game, show what can be done. But it needs to be done for 40 games, not 5.

I hope he sticks around. He's Derby through and through, and his work with the academy has gotten it to one of the best in the country. But he's not a head coach, yet. He's not what we need, right now, to trim the squad and get us promoted.

Actually deserves it.

And if he can somehow get his team to play with that much passion and will to go down fightin every time we play a top 6 team, then we will go up. He's right too often we havent turned up against the big teams.

18 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

And ultimately we were undone by Mel Morris' Bad (spending) Habits.

How do you draw that conclusion?  Are you assuming Mel picked the players brought in rather than the recruitment team whose salaries he pays?

Arry obviously did a hell of a lot behind the scenes as the performances improved when he was around (even if was only acting as a sounding board for Darren).

Personally would be very very disappointed if Wassall got the role permanently.

If Wassall is the best man for the job, he deserves it. He may well be, too. 

We don't know who wants the role full time, do we? I can think of several names I prefer to him, but if none of them fancy it then it should be his to turn down. 

My point is that he should be considered, should the obvious names not want it. 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If Wassall is the best man for the job, he deserves it. He may well be, too. 

We don't know who wants the role full time, do we? I can think of several names I prefer to him, but if none of them fancy it then it should be his to turn down. 

My point is that he should be considered, should the obvious names not want it. 

Can we call this the Holmes argument? i.e. 'when all other solutions have been eliminated, the remaining possibility - however unlikely - must be the correct one' ....or something similar.

On 5/17/2016 at 23:15, Nuwtfly said:

Considering how many decent managers are currently available, it would be pretty disappointing to see him get it. 

Hughton already gone. We need to move quickly or miss out. Rowett cannot do it for me. Get a manager who already got some team up from our Division.

Surely Mel will not draw up a list of candidates with Wassall on it and not give it him. Wassall needs telling that he has got the job or not before even thinking about advertising it. Interviewing Wassall and him then not getting it can only be deleterious. A new manager may want his own head of Academy in the short, medium or long term. Mel will not want to sack Wassall after appointing him full time as it would surely end his academy career here.

On Ramsplayer, Russell said that we crumbled after Hull's first goal on saturday. Solving the crumbling phenomenon is top priority for the next manager. We need four new hardened professionals in the first team who will not allow that to happen again.

Being a bit cynical I would ask the dvd editing man to identify players whose heads go down first in these scenarios. Should not be that difficult. Senior professionals dictate these blips and younger players catch the attitude problem, allegedly. It must be solved if we are to get promotion..

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hughton already gone. We need to move quickly or miss out. Rowett cannot do it for me. Get a manager who already got some team up from our Division.

Billy Davies then? Karanka didn't have any experience of getting out of this division before he did exactly that this season I don't think there is a magic blueprint you can apply 

15 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Yes - quickly.

What concerns me next season is the quality of leadership other teams will have; Benitez, Hughton and so on which is just going to make it even harder to get out of the division unless we make the right appointment. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

Billy Davies then? Karanka didn't have any experience of getting out of this division before he did exactly that this season I don't think there is a magic blueprint you can apply 

The magic blue print is the one that worked. It is clearly identifiable using future hindsight! If you have done it once there is generally a better chance of doing it again. Billy Davies probably could get this squad promoted. It is just that we do not want him to do it.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Surely Mel will not draw up a list of candidates with Wassall on it and not give it him. Wassall needs telling that he has got the job or not before even thinking about advertising it. Interviewing Wassall and him then not getting it can only be deleterious. A new manager may want his own head of Academy in the short, medium or long term. Mel will not want to sack Wassall after appointing him full time as it would surely end his academy career here.

On Ramsplayer, Russell said that we crumbled after Hull's first goal on saturday. Solving the crumbling phenomenon is top priority for the next manager. We need four new hardened professionals in the first team who will not allow that to happen again.

Being a bit cynical I would ask the dvd editing man to identify players whose heads go down first in these scenarios. Should not be that difficult. Senior professionals dictate these blips and younger players catch the attitude problem, allegedly. It must be solved if we are to get promotion..

I'm not a fan of Wassall and don't think he's what we need on a permanent basis but for me, Russells' comments were more an indictment of the players rather than the manager! Yes, they went some way to redeeming themselves in the 2nd leg but the damage was done in the home game - that's not to say Wassall didn't make some mistakes as well.

Oh dear, come on....giving boring Wassall the job is like going on a huge stag -do to Spain...then spending every minute with some plain drip from Birmingham you pulled on the plane. 

Sure...if you live a little you may actually pull some fit foreign bird who turns out to have hairy armpits and leaves you with some horrible disease...but at least you dared to dream for a while...!!

48 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Oh dear, come on....giving boring Wassall the job is like going on a huge stag -do to Spain...then spending every minute with some plain drip from Birmingham you pulled on the plane. 

Sure...if you live a little you may actually pull some fit foreign bird who turns out to have hairy armpits and leaves you with some horrible disease...but at least you dared to dream for a while...!!

You talking from experience

Archived