Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I find it distasteful that people call Daz and idiot or say they dislike him. Inexperienced yes, but who isn't in their first appointment. The blokes given this club 7 years and turned the academy into the envy of many clubs. He also stuck his head in the noose to save this dwindling boring season from obscurity.

if you think someone else would be a better fit for Derby then that's fine, it's your opinion, like this is mine and I'm sure there are better managers out there we could get.

i just don't think he should get the slating that he gets for doing his best in a difficult situation. So for those that say they won't go anymore if he gets appointed, I hope he does as Derby fans deserve better than you in our fan base.

IF Mel appoints him.... I think he could do worse than copy this in his press release to the fans.
Especially the last paragraph :)

I would have thought when Clement was sacked, Mel would have already identified who he wanted in. The reason Wassall was given the job temporary because the person identified was already under contract?

Sort of win win for Mel, Wassall does what Clement couldn't  do and then Mel offers Wassall the job. If he doesn't then Mel gets to bring in who he had originally identified as Clements replacement back in February ?

All this is based on rational thinking and not on Mel going at it half cocked? 

I know who I would like to move the club forward.......

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I can see where you're coming from, really.

Just a question - in the post match to Hull, Darren stated "not the performance we were expecting ".

In the first half a diagonal ball sailed over their advanced left back, was beautifully taken downand controlled by Martin but then, when he looked for the close runners. ....Ince was sort of steaming towards the area but not close enough and  Christie /bryson were nowhere to be seen.

So were the tactics flawed to that extent or were we so poor that many of the players forgot the tactical playbook. Or perhaps we lack leaders on the pitch.

As I say just a thought and not intended to dissuade you from your opinion.

It's a good point mate and I've no problem with him getting stuff wrong. I shouldn't have said 90mins of stupidity because you never really know what areas of the pitch you  can expose for sure until the match is off.

But at HT I expected to see something different. I didn't care what, just a change that acknowledges that Hull had come to block the center. They stood on Hughes, closed Keogh and got 2 players between Hughes - Bryson and Johnson so they'd covered the middle. 

I dunno how to solve that or maybe it couldn't have been solved.

But I thought it was madness to carry on forcing it down their throat. 

And to swap Russell and Ince so Russell could track Hull's right flank back... It killed our wing play.  If Ince can't track back and we're getting hurt then maybe it's not a game for Ince. But he effectively ended Russell's game too imo. 

I don't want to offer tactical advice. I work in a warehouse!! But we could all see the blocked middle and the diagonal ball for 90 mins.

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If you don't mind me asking who is your preferred choice of head coach next season Alpha?

I don't know who's realistic and who isn't. Is Flores? Warburton? Is David Wagner a good manager with a crap team and struggling to make them pull off what he wants? Does Rowett want to play our way (he seemed to copy Derby to a lesser extent in the way they used Donaldson) but is he restricted by a weak Brum team? 

I was keen on Warburton after McClaren. 

What do you reckon?

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't know who's realistic and who isn't. Is Flores? Warburton? Is David Wagner a good manager with a crap team and struggling to make them pull off what he wants? Does Rowett want to play our way (he seemed to copy Derby to a lesser extent in the way they used Donaldson) but is he restricted by a weak Brum team? 

I was keen on Warburton after McClaren. 

What do you reckon?

Someone realistic and interesting you name him as well, Wagner from Huddersfield, seems to naturally want to play how we want to play. Wouldn't be upset with Warburton. Unrealistic, Michael Loudrup although in fairness he seems to have lost motivation with his career.

Nowhere near our club - Warnock - Pearson 

Archived