Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

By Mel's own standards the quality of football hasn't improved...

We were lucky to beat Huddersfield, with a decent striker upfront, they could have buried us in the first half. A well taken finish from Martin came against the run of play and an improvement in the quality of football in the 2nd half led me to believe we might have turned a corner and something might have clicked within the squad, but alas the same lethargic, unconvincing performances seem to have resumed tonight.

We saw with McClaren how a good manager can have an instant impact; we went on an unbeaten run as soon as he took over. Is this a case of some lethargy from the Clement era spilling over or is Wassall simply not good enough a coach to get the best out of an undoubtedly talented squad?

With 10 games to go, would it be worth looking to appoint someone now to try and gain a bit of momentum heading into a push for the play-offs?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel for wassall, he wasn't not going to take the job. His subs have worked on occasions but more luck than judgment. Clear he is out of his depth but I won't criticise, doing his best in difficult circumstances. He should go back to the academy and continue his great work. Mel not getting a manager in is proof he has given up hope on this season. Yet more pain and frustration for derby fans.

It was obvious anyway and now even Mel will surely realize he has to act. Even an emergency manager just to fill in for the last 10 games - must be some who would take that on and easily get the team playing more cohesively than Wassall.

Its no so much Wassall out, its more get a Manager in. A club of our stature should have a (experienced) Manager.

I feel the players are capable they just have no idea who's responsible for what on the pitch. Its probably the strongest squad we've had for almost 10 years. 

Us fans are still owed an explanation as to why Clement was sacked. All this not playing the Derby way is a load of bull****

What style of football does Morris want ?  Clearly it's not what Clement was delivering, it's surely not Wassall's side is producing, i really wonder who he has in mind for next season. It's certainly looking like Wassall won't be the long-term answer.

Archived