Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Oh dear, come on....giving boring Wassall the job is like going on a huge stag -do to Spain...then spending every minute with some plain drip from Birmingham you pulled on the plane. 

Sure...if you live a little you may actually pull some fit foreign bird who turns out to have hairy armpits and leaves you with some horrible disease...but at least you dared to dream for a while...!!

Interesting analogy.....I take it Wassall is the drip who is the fit foreign bird

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I wouldn't be that disappointed if they gave it to wassall

After actually thinking about it , which I've done a lot of . Neither would I , he loves the club , knows the players , players seem to like him , let him build his own team . 

8 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Interesting analogy.....I take it Wassall is the drip who is the fit foreign bird

I think that's my point...there's a whole bloody world out there waiting to be investigated, surely sticking with someone just cos they are handy, seem to like you and no-one else us after them is the height of laziness!

9 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

I cannot stand the bloke.

lack of charisma in interviews?

seems to be the main reason most fans dislike him.
Barring Rowett getting the job, he is the only one who actually has derbys interests at heart above his own personal ambition.

On 17/05/2016 at 23:05, DRBee said:

So Wassall's poor team selection for Saturday was not important, - playing ince on the right, playing Hughes as CDM , selecting Bradley Johnson, not making changes early enough when we were failing.  Wassall is a dead man walking as a result of those poor decisions. No evidence he learnt from his mistakes at all.

The only poor thinking amongst that list is the not changing things quickly enough imo. All the rest had some logic to them albeit with a level of risk. 

Then changes were made for 2nd leg. So I think we can say Darren learns.

On a different strand,  to all those offering such eloquent and perspicacious thoughts as "he's an idiot " or similar.  I think you are well wide of the mark and quite frankly a disgrace. 

If darren wassall is not appointed as the head coach then he deserves to be remembered fondly and with thanks for rescuing what turned out to be one of our better seasons in recent years.

Personally I'm a QSF fan. But worth remembering that he wasn't the one who got Watford up so what do I know? 

The only thing that worries me a little about Darren is the complete miscalculation in the chosen tactics in the first leg against Hill. Clearly the persistence with the diagonal ball was choice rather than.necessity. In my opinion those tactics lost us the tie. A very serious mistake. Like a few games this season he corrected the error next game and in doing so gave us one of the best performances I have seen in a very long time. 

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The only thing that worries me a little about Darren is the complete miscalculation in the chosen tactics in the first leg against Hill. Clearly the persistence with the diagonal ball was choice rather than.necessity. In my opinion those tactics lost us the tie. A very serious mistake. Like a few games this season he corrected the error next game and in doing so gave us one of the best performances I have seen in a very long time. 

Spot on. So he learns from mistakes. 

There are many more high profile allegedly alpha coaches who struggle or are unable to implement wholesale changes within a game. Klopp for example in the Europa final.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agree Scarlet.

There's been a handful of games where we've got stuck and he's changed personel but it's been pointless because they just join in doing the same things. 

I like the bloke. I like what he's tried to do.

But against Hull I just thought that maybe he's not ready for this. Seems spot on at motivating. But I wonder how much of the good stuff is just the natural click of core players. I worry that he might be a bit one dimensional. 

After Hull at home I've decided I'd like to see him step down with a thanks and "one day". 

Hull away was great. He did well to lift them after the 1st leg. But it was too late. We lost that tie through 90 minutes of pure stupidity. 

Doesn't deserve the hate though. Interviews might say one thing but on the pitch he's responded well to bad games

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree Scarlet.

There's been a handful of games where we've got stuck and he's changed personel but it's been pointless because they just join in doing the same things. 

I like the bloke. I like what he's tried to do.

But against Hull I just thought that maybe he's not ready for this. Seems spot on at motivating. But I wonder how much of the good stuff is just the natural click of core players. I worry that he might be a bit one dimensional. 

After Hull at home I've decided I'd like to see him step down with a thanks and "one day". 

Hull away was great. He did well to lift them after the 1st leg. But it was too late. We lost that tie through 90 minutes of pure stupidity. 

Doesn't deserve the hate though. Interviews might say one thing but on the pitch he's responded well to bad games

I can see where you're coming from, really.

Just a question - in the post match to Hull, Darren stated "not the performance we were expecting ".

In the first half a diagonal ball sailed over their advanced left back, was beautifully taken downand controlled by Martin but then, when he looked for the close runners. ....Ince was sort of steaming towards the area but not close enough and  Christie /bryson were nowhere to be seen.

So were the tactics flawed to that extent or were we so poor that many of the players forgot the tactical playbook. Or perhaps we lack leaders on the pitch.

As I say just a thought and not intended to dissuade you from your opinion.

I find it distasteful that people call Daz and idiot or say they dislike him. Inexperienced yes, but who isn't in their first appointment. The blokes given this club 7 years and turned the academy into the envy of many clubs. He also stuck his head in the noose to save this dwindling boring season from obscurity.

if you think someone else would be a better fit for Derby then that's fine, it's your opinion, like this is mine and I'm sure there are better managers out there we could get.

i just don't think he should get the slating that he gets for doing his best in a difficult situation. So for those that say they won't go anymore if he gets appointed, I hope he does as Derby fans deserve better than you in our fan base.

Archived