Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McRamFan said:

48 pages and still no explanation as to why there was no bacon or sausage, first question I would expect to be asked.

You lot are shocking!!

Processed meat probably isn't acceptable in the eyes of whoever selects the food for Moor Farm. 

1 minute ago, McRamFan said:

48 pages and still no explanation as to why there was no bacon or sausage, first question I would expect to be asked.

You lot are shocking!!

Would buying bacon and sausage have taken us over the FFP limit? A valid question for MM I would have should. Shabby job by those who attended. Avoided the important questions. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Processed meat probably isn't acceptable in the eyes of whoever selects the food for Moor Farm. 

Karl Halabi IIRC. Made a big thing about eating a certain way when he joing the club, hence the shrinking of the gym and expansion of the canteen 

48 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Do you know how difficult that would be? How rare is it that a manager goes from managing Liverpool to a Championship team?

dont over estimate how good we are, even if it heart is in the right place currently, we just don't have the oomph to sign a manager like Rodgers. 

We have oomph. 

When you're out of work you're out of work. Plus, if you go by top clubs in the country. we are definitely in the top 15. Looking at rankings by a combination of Fanbase, Trophies and Time spent in the highest league, we rank as the 13th biggest club in England. Obviously ahead of us are Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, then comes the group with us in it Derby, Leicester, West Brom, followed by West Ham, Wolves, Wednesday, Stoke, Southampton, Boro, Leeds, Blackburn. So unless Rodgers thinks he's going to get a top European club or one of the top English 10 then Derby is an excellent choice for him, especially at a time when we are at a height of ambition. Don't think of us as a small fish because we aren't.

That's what a lot of our fans seem to base our club size on. 

That's why we have ***** fans like Newcastle imo. 

We aren't a top 15 club. The crucial bit being we've not been in the top 15 more than two or three times in the last few decades. 

Brendan Rodgers and the rest of the football world don't care about attendances and the last 2000 years league table. 

We're a second tier club. We've been a second tier club for ages. Not even a good one over the recent years. 

And because we ignore that and talk about attendances and stadiums and Jim Smith and the 70's all it does is make us sound like Newcastle fans. 

Wigan have been more succesful in the last couple of decades. 

8 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Maybe.

I'd estimate this forum represents approx 2% of Derby fans so not sure it'd be seen as a critical friend. More PR perhaps.

Spot of cynicism creeping in here!:o

When you buy the club how will you go about canvassing the views of representative supporters?

I suppose you might prefer a dictator, benign or otherwise!:wub:

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe you should stick to counting our shots on target...will give you more time to calm down

Cruel - but hilarious.

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We have oomph. 

When you're out of work you're out of work. Plus, if you go by top clubs in the country. we are definitely in the top 15. Looking at rankings by a combination of Fanbase, Trophies and Time spent in the highest league, we rank as the 13th biggest club in England. Obviously ahead of us are Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, then comes the group with us in it Derby, Leicester, West Brom, followed by West Ham, Wolves, Wednesday, Stoke, Southampton, Boro, Leeds, Blackburn. So unless Rodgers thinks he's going to get a top European club or one of the top English 10 then Derby is an excellent choice for him, especially at a time when we are at a height of ambition. Don't think of us as a small fish because we aren't.

Sorry, but the last 10 years (Probably amount of time you should realistically be looking to rank a clubs success that is relevant to now) we are nowhere near top 15 clubs. You can't say that we're a more appealing club to go to than West Ham, Leicester, Stoke, Southampton. That's ludicrous!

I hope we do get him, and there is of course a slight chance we can, but I don't see it as being a particularly likely outcome, and I doubt Brendan Rodgers cares particularly about our successes 40 years ago.

Come to us Brendan, prove me wrong!

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Take note @Daveo the public has spoken..! So good I had to quote it twice..

(I'll get rid of him, folks).

Hey Muespach, we are holding the next one in Liverpool

Not sure if this has been asked/answered already, I've only read the first few pages with the write ups from the guys who attended, @Daveo @G STAR RAM @Mostyn6 @mozza @Boycie @eddie @rammieib @Alpha (Not sure who else I have missed off).

Did any of you guys ask what the exact criteria was for Wassall to keep his job next season?

Not just "play the Derby way" but there must be set objectives for him?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What answers concern you out of interest?

My biggest worries having come away from the meeting were:-

(a) He didn't seem willing to accept that the dressing room had created such a bad vibe

(b) That he will give his manager/head coach any money that he asks for to get a player (who would ever have imagined us being worried about that?!)

I just find it slightly contradictory to back the manager with all the money he asks for but then expect to go into the dressing room and go over his helmet.

I was definitely in the PC in camp, I thought he needed time, mainly because I believed he himself was on the same wavelength as the club. I believed performances would come. But I find it hard to argue against the decision now I have heard all about it. Like McClaren before him, I feel PC has wasted a great chance to become a club icon by putting his own immediate ambition first.

My only real question is about Kevin Phillips, who brought him in(was it PCs idea?) and what is his long term role here?

18 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Not sure if this has been asked/answered already, I've only read the first few pages with the write ups from the guys who attended, @Daveo @G STAR RAM @Mostyn6 @mozza @Boycie @eddie @rammieib @Alpha (Not sure who else I have missed off).

Did any of you guys ask what the exact criteria was for Wassall to keep his job next season?

Not just "play the Derby way" but there must be set objectives for him?

They spoke about this a few pages ago, I will give a brief version of what I can remember.

There seems to be a number of ways in which it can go:

1) We go up playing good football - Wassall is likely to get the job

2) We stay down whilst playing good football - Wassall is likely to get the job

3) We go up whilst the standard of football remains poor - The most difficult option, as it isn't the 'Derby Way'; it seems like Mel would be undecided if this happened 

4) We stay down whilst the standard of football remains poor - Wassall probably wouldn't get the job

Its been stated that if we appoint someone else then wassall will go back to the youth set up. However If we go up or stay down playing a poor football then surely this isnt the 'derby way'. Can wassall then really go back to the under 21s ? 

I thought all youth teams throughout the club were meant to mimic the first team. He's done a fantastic job in the youth set up but just saying surley if he's implementing the 'derby way' at youth level he should be able to implement it at senior level to some extent and therefore performances should improve 

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I just find it slightly contradictory to back the manager with all the money he asks for but then expect to go into the dressing room and go over his helmet.

I was definitely in the PC in camp, I thought he needed time, mainly because I believed he himself was on the same wavelength as the club. I believed performances would come. But I find it hard to argue against the decision now I have heard all about it. Like McClaren before him, I feel PC has wasted a great chance to become a club icon by putting his own immediate ambition first.

My only real question is about Kevin Phillips, who brought him in(was it PCs idea?) and what is his long term role here?

As has been quoted, the rant was aimed at the coaching staff as well as players. Not MM going in and doing PCs job for him.

Archived