Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

To avoid member mutiny against the forum elite, maybe prior knowledge to said event, and a process where member plus could apply to attend would have resolved most of the bitching that's taking place. 

Pointless. Only 'yes men' are allowed to go.

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

To avoid member mutiny against the forum elite, maybe prior knowledge to said event, and a process where member plus could apply to attend would have resolved most of the bitching that's taking place. 

It wasn't a secret - a fair few knew - Daveo was asked to pick some moaners, some positive people and some middle of the road, so I don't think an application would really have changed the fact he would still have had to choose people.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just remembered another thing from the meeting.

A certain un-named member, shamelessly asked Mel for use of one of his villas for his upcoming 40th birthday.

I never had Mostyn, I mean our un-named member down as being that old!

Needless to say, as relationships had been strained by this point, the request was treated with the utter contempt it deserved.

Mel has PMd me asking when I want the keys ;)

This thread has actually cheered me up with regards to DCFC

One point I am interested in is the under 21s.

Did Mel or Darren state who was the new under 21 manager or is that reserved for DW if he doesnt get the main hot seat.

Reason is we missed out on under 21 promotion last season and as shown in the link below, we are in a fantastic division to make it this season http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL

Surely if Mel is so Youth oriented, which I admire (all FM and FIFA career modes followed the "Derby Way"), then surely having a youth team play better opposition would be beneficial to the development of our young stars. 

Just now, Dale The Ram said:

This thread has actually cheered me up with regards to DCFC

One point I am interested in is the under 21s.

Did Mel or Darren state who was the new under 21 manager or is that reserved for DW if he doesnt get the main hot seat.

Reason is we missed out on under 21 promotion last season and as shown in the link below, we are in a fantastic division to make it this season http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL

Surely if Mel is so Youth oriented, which I admire (all FM and FIFA career modes followed the "Derby Way"), then surely having a youth team play better opposition would be beneficial to the development of our young stars. 

I think it is Rory Delap.

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry but there is little point in responding as you have either not read the responses given ot are struggling to take them on board.

That's told you toddy.

50 minutes ago, eddie said:

You strike me as someone who has difficulty grasping certain simple concepts, such as the fact that people have reported back either with what Mel said or their impressions of what Mel said. It's as clear as day that you and a few others are totally uninterested in what was said because you have made your mind up,

This is all that fans who ask more questions or awkward questions get.

If you don't know the answer just say so, don't blame the questioner for not being 'on board'!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's told you toddy.

If you don't know the answer just say so, don't blame the questioner for not being 'on board'!

RoyMac, in the interest of being respectful to a fellow Derby fan and poster, what EXACTLY are you asking? I will answer you best I can. 

Glad to see moslyn 6 on board to put things in perspective,,He advocated change in 2013,so  must do his best to prop up the new system,and take football away from the professionals

;If this system is to work the director of football,must be a top professional,to guide;.recruitment

1 hour ago, eddie said:
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's told you toddy.

Been plenty of awkward questions asked....

Theres answers you dont like fine... That's fine, me neither...

But to go on and on and on and on and on and Ariston over and over again to the same questions you ask over and over and get the same answers over and over when you know full well you've been given them smacks of someone who has definitely got a ostrich head in the sand...,

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's told you toddy.

I think we have all tried to answer the questions as honestly as we could.

Don't forget peoples perceptions of an answer can be very different but we collected all of our thoughts together before Daveo put the thread out to try and make sure everything was reported correctly.

More questions have come up and some I wish had been asked on the day but weren't. 

You've all now had the same answers that were given to us by Mel.

What is disappointing and annoying is to see the same tripe being regurgitated when the points have been addressed on here on numerous occasions. 

Archived