Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Have the same feeling, we've already seen Paddy Power and national media pick up on it , won't be long till we start hearing chants in the stands from away fans, given what has happened over the last 3 seasons now the timing couldn't be worse for "The Derby Way". 

It's ridiculously cringeworthy but I really like the idea behind it if we can pull it off as others have, who doesn't want to see players come through the club, given a chance, playing entertaining attacking football on the pitch without splashing millions and flirting with FFP and winding up orders? just keep the codename for it in the boardroom with the management only.

We as fans just need to take ownership of the phrase "The Derby Way", simply by singing "It's The Derby Way" to the "Everywhere We Go" tune. Any mickey taking effectively becomes redundant.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every club has 'their way'.

Man U way, market the club to every corner of the globe.

Arsenal way, remain dull and occasionally win stuff

Chelsea/ Man City, if it breathes and can kick a football really well buy it.

Forest way, down the corridor turn right, courtroom number 5

19 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

That's my point its massive to get that structure right not just a biggie you are cutting down the odds of succeeding. DCFC is in my blood I want it to work but it won't, book mark it.

burtons chairman has managed to do it. Hes got it right and they have had years of success above what some would say above their station. Getting the right managers at the right time to continue the work of the previous managers.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or someone disagrees with what has been posted by those in favour of Mel's Plan or want things clarified and they're told they are either dumb or awkward or nit-picking or raising trivial points ie why don't you just stop asking questions?!

You strike me as someone who has difficulty grasping certain simple concepts, such as the fact that people have reported back either with what Mel said or their impressions of what Mel said. It's as clear as day that you and a few others are totally uninterested in what was said because you have made your mind up, basically about Mel, Derby County, Darren Wassall and the people who went along on Saturday.

It wasn't a jolly featuring a bunch of starry-eyed youngsters, but you continue to believe that if you wish. The people who went had genuine questions, which were put to Mel Morris, and we got some answers. I am sorry that the answers were not to your satisfaction - equally, I am sorry that the questions didn't meet with your approval either.

22 minutes ago, toddy said:

We are all passionate about our beloved club, but something is very wrong here.

A new owner who is a passionate fan takes over Derby County, buys the club and sacks the coach who has been the best thing at Derby for a decade. He installs an inexperienced coach, gets most of the fans to buy into the hype of he's been at Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea.

The owner after one dreadful team performance enters the dressing room and has a rant at all the players, and actually sees no wrong in it, after all he is the owner.

So now he has undermined the coach and poorer performances continue and eventually owner sacks the inexperienced coach because of not playing the 'Derby way' and using the two previous seasons as an example of what he expects from a team performance, but hang on a minute the owner sacked that coach as well?

So we now have another coach in charge, one who again has no experience but has run the kids well in the youth academy, but hey he'll do everything I want him to do, so he will be in charge till the end of the season.

But now the natives are becoming restless so we will set a PR exercise [they bought the hype last time] and I will convince them I am right.

It will be Mel's way or no way at all.

For all the owners cash, he still cannot buy a win, but that doesn't really matter anyway -as its the performances all that matter.

Sorry but there is little point in responding as you have either not read the responses given ot are struggling to take them on board.

10 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We as fans just need to take ownership of the phrase "The Derby Way", simply by singing "It's The Derby Way" to the "Everywhere We Go" tune. Any mickey taking effectively becomes redundant.

Loved the South Stand song of:-

Attack, attack, attack or you'll get the sack, it's The Derby Way.

At last some proper humour!

Enjoyed reading the comments from those that went, particularly Mel's letter to Daveo, shows he cares what people think to my mind.

Mel seems to have a lot of time for fans, when he pulled up at the Ipro presumably after this meeting, he chatted to my Bro and posed for a pic with his daughter. My Bro said when he asked about getting rid of Clement, he made a comment along the lines some things in the press have not been that accurate; not really surprised.

Nothing more to add, other than it's been entertaining reading for the last 10 minutes or so.

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

burtons chairman has managed to do it. Hes got it right and they have had years of success above what some would say above their station. Getting the right managers at the right time to continue the work of the previous managers.

Not the same is it? managers as opposed to head coach .Yes you can be good at appointing successive good managers that's what it's all about and letting them get on with it that's far removed from what MM is trying to do .

6 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Football is a simple game,played on grass,you keep your point and try for two.

it consist of defense and attack,A good side has a spine down the middle

The only way

We failed on sat,We conceded they did not.

Board--chairman--manager--players,Stability

trev, in a roundabout way, this is the whole point of giving Wassall the job. 

Don't complicate things by trying to play like Real Madrid, just do the basics and play to our strengths.

I agree fully, and Mel definitely wants simplicity and basics.

9 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Its a shame that the vocal section werent vocal enough for me to hear them - and I am sat in the South Stand.

I am sat in East Stand towards the North Stand and I heard it.

I suggest you have a word with Eddie see if he can sort you out with some hearing aids!

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not the same is it? managers as opposed to head coach .Yes you can be good at appointing successive good managers that's what it's all about and letting them get on with it that's far removed from what MM is trying to do .

Yes it is. The ethos runs through the club from top to bottom or should. If the right head coach is employed then he buys into the ethos and the stable approach a strong ethos provides is maintained. Its even more important when there are so many people that should be working together to achieve success.

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I think you'll find that MM let PC get on with it. If you think he interfered, as accused, then you've not paid attention to what's been said. There were a few things Mel felt he HAD to do, one being the dressing room, and another making PC sit and watch highlights of good Derby performances, one I disagree with, the other I agree with.

DW will be left to get on with it. He has his brief, there will be fortnightly meetings (as at many clubs). But Mel has no say in coaching methods, team selection, tactics etc, so where you get the impression Mel doesn't let them get on with it from, I don't know!

Just remembered another thing from the meeting.

A certain un-named member, shamelessly asked Mel for use of one of his villas for his upcoming 40th birthday.

I never had Mostyn, I mean our un-named member down as being that old!

Needless to say, as relationships had been strained by this point, the request was treated with the utter contempt it deserved.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am sat in East Stand towards the North Stand and I heard it.

I suggest you have a word with Eddie see if he can sort you out with some hearing aids!

Apparently my hearing aids only allow me to hear what Mel wants me to hear.

Archived