Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

4 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

To avoid member mutiny against the forum elite, maybe prior knowledge to said event, and a process where member plus could apply to attend would have resolved most of the bitching that's taking place. 

Probably already covered as I am pages behind but this was definitely mentioned in more than one thread. I asked a question about it and was politely answered in the thread. In full view of any Forum member who wished to read it and ask their own questions.  

It never occurred to me to ask to attend. 

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ninos said:

I agree with blimp on BR ... Mel forget these rookie managers and get Brendan Rodgers pronto. He will fulfil your remit and you won't need to go to the dressing room or convince him to play Lowe Hanson or Zanzala! It will be obvious to him to blood the best youth. Note too that Eddie Howe has described Rodgers as a big influence on him in terms of management and playing style ! Gerrard called him the best man manager he's ever known. He got Swansea up playing great football and he's made stars of Suarez sterling and Sturridge Coutinho Henderson shelvey and everyone else he gets his hands on. He seems to have a soft spot for our club too. The perfect choice for us! 

It's lovely to be agreed with, except this is what I actually said

Oh, can we please not have Brendan Rodgers? Ta.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

(I'll get rid of him, folks).

Hey Muespach, we are holding the next one in Liverpool

As the public want it so badly, I am prepared to give up all my morales and go there...just for my people...! 

And @rynny I still have my ski gear gathering dust here in Florida..it will be nice to give it a run out 

A good distraction for the forum after recent events and something that restores a little bit of my faith in the club. One thing we should be certain of is that Mel understands the web better than almost everyone on here and has made a lot of money from it, and I think his web-savviness has shown and he's done a good thing. Football clubs, especially ours, is about communities, and this is a good effort at community-building. Of course it's a PR exercise but if you're good in business you don't see PR as a dirty word - it's a useful tool.

I haven't read all 51 pages but I have read a decent chunk and it's enlightening and largely reassuring. Thanks to everyone for their write-ups. Goes without saying that I'd love to be invited on a future trip, but I don't begrudge anyone their visit.

21 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

It's lovely to be agreed with, except this is what I actually said

Oh, can we please not have Brendan Rodgers? Ta.

Out of all the people that have been mentioned the prospect of getting David Brent interests me the least. He has also said that he has already turned down 5 premiershite clubs including Swansea, so zero chance of him wanting to come to our mid table outfit. 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

As the public want it so badly, I am prepared to give up all my morales and go there...just for my people...! 

And @rynny I still have my ski gear gathering dust here in Florida..it will be nice to give it a run out 

Good man - we knew we could rely on you.

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Did you read the small print? Flight not included, Mel's jet is for trips to and from Spain only.

Once again I wonder what would happen if we get promoted at some point and go eight games without a win In Premier and being in danger of relegation, considering all the hoo-ha here having currently a play off place. This forum would probably explode.

2 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Not sure if this has been asked/answered already, I've only read the first few pages with the write ups from the guys who attended, @Daveo @G STAR RAM @Mostyn6 @mozza @Boycie @eddie @rammieib @Alpha (Not sure who else I have missed off).

Did any of you guys ask what the exact criteria was for Wassall to keep his job next season?

Not just "play the Derby way" but there must be set objectives for him?

he needs to re-align the club and first team to the plan. If the plan is adhered to, and the coach is decent, the players are good enough to organically achieve promotion and stay there.

Interesting read. Some posters have said how it's restored a little faith, and they feel a little more optimistic after this meeting. I feel like that too. Trouble is, it only lasts as long as I am reading about it! As soon as I stop, my mind reverts to the reality of the football I've watched for the last few games. 

I realise that the meeting was more a general overview of plans for the future...... But was MM asked what he thinks is the problem with performances on the pitch?? 

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

Interesting read. Some posters have said how it's restored a little faith, and they feel a little more optimistic after this meeting. I feel like that too. Trouble is, it only lasts as long as I am reading about it! As soon as I stop, my mind reverts to the reality of the football I've watched for the last few games. 

I realise that the meeting was more a general overview of plans for the future...... But was MM asked what he thinks is the problem with performances on the pitch?? 

a load of things. Not just one thing in particular.

Archived