Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Glad to see moslyn 6 on board to put things in perspective,,He advocated change in 2013,so  must do his best to prop up the new system,and take football away from the professionals

;If this system is to work the director of football,must be a top professional,to guide;.recruitment

it was the previous manager that removed the director of football.

21 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well all you are doing is proving my point ,if a rookie first time coach who you would expect to be able to blend in can't work the system how is a experienced manager with a proven track record going to work out .As in a previous post book mark  it won't work.

Whilst I can see why your mind relates the two, I feel the need to point out that it was NOT experience, or lack of, that prevented Paul Clement from working within a framework of the Derby Way, but more a reluctance or individualistic agenda!

27 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Can you send @MuespachRam to the next one please?

Incidentally, thank you to @Daveo and Mr Morris for getting this on, been very interesting reading. I do believe in Mel's vision as explained but we appear to have taken the odd detour. As long as we're still headed in the correct direction we'll get there.

Anyway, the journey is the most interesting part.

Oh, can we please not have Brendan Rodgers? Ta.

27 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Can you send @MuespachRam to the next one please?

Incidentally, thank you to @Daveo and Mr Morris for getting this on, been very interesting reading. I do believe in Mel's vision as explained but we appear to have taken the odd detour. As long as we're still headed in the correct direction we'll get there.

Anyway, the journey is the most interesting part.

Oh, can we please not have Brendan Rodgers? Ta.

Take note @Daveo the public has spoken..! So good I had to quote it twice..

Just remembered another thing mentioned.

Sounds like Mel has been trying to do some team building exercises.

Took the players to a track day at Silverstone he said, where Bradley Johnson '**** himself' after being taken for a spin by the Ferrari test driver!

Mostyn (I think) pointed out that the date of this occuring seemed to coincide with Johnson's loss of form.

Thanks for the write-ups from all who went. They provide fascinating reading and I appreciate the access that MM has provided to himself, especially considering what has happened since this was organised.

From a personal viewpoint I haven't been impressed with how the last couple of weeks have been handled. I was proud of how our club was operating from being at the forefront of FFP to the classy touches such as donating our ticket money to Hartlepool down to the free scarves and hot drinks. However, I have found the circus of recent weeks quite frankly embarrassing.

So to have an exercise like this feels like a welcome return for one of those classy things. Yes, it may be good PR but is anybody outside of this forum talking about it? Probably not. It's not exactly been plastered all over the official site or anything like that. It's unbelievable that select members from this forum have been given greater access to MM than even Sky Sports. That's quite something.

My thoughts on the reports from the guys who went were that MM was incredibly consistent with what he said in his interviews with the local media. My immediate concerns about PC's sacking were somewhat alleviated after hearing MM's interview on Tuesday. He speaks very well and justified his decision admirably. To tow the exact same line with you guys gives me confidence that he was being genuine. Whether his masterplan will succeed or not is open for debate, but here's hoping. The major surprise to me is how PC was criticised for not being prepared enough. In many interviews PC talks about the "War Room" and his large team of analysts who cover everything from the first team performances/training, down to the opposition, U21's and the Academy. Therefore I was pretty staggered and disappointed to hear this.

I'd like to echo the thoughts of @The 1884 Group about how desirable it would be to get a member of the playing staff (captain Keogh?) involved in such meetings, answering questions in an informal setting. It will probably never happen but it would certainly help to build a bridge between the fans and the players and give a different perspective.

20 hours ago, Daveo said:

Cheers Eddie.

Just want to throw a quick apology out there for the way this as all been handled and it's not what the way I saw it going at all, the write ups are all over the place and in bits. It really is hard to reel everything off in one go without taking notes or recording the session.

Last night travelling back I was being asked numerous times over Twitter and Facebook messages what went on, 3G was dropping every few minutes so I put the thread out  which was later pulled hoping others would take it on and add a few write ups, I saw Mostyn had made a long post in another thread which I merged in without even reading and that's when **** hit the fan.

Slightly pissed, flakey 3G, a forum kicking off and a missus wanting to talk me through having her photo taken with Keogh for the 5765th time and I have a broken bed story to throw in for those interested in made for a stressful journey home.

If it came across as being unprofessional I'm sorry, truth is I'm not a professional, just another bloke trying to run a online community of a team that's....well look at the form table.

I know someone that sells beds if you need a new one?

2 minutes ago, Derby Loyalty said:

I know someone that sells beds if you need a new one?

There have been some excellent first posts recently.

I agree with blimp on BR ... Mel forget these rookie managers and get Brendan Rodgers pronto. He will fulfil your remit and you won't need to go to the dressing room or convince him to play Lowe Hanson or Zanzala! It will be obvious to him to blood the best youth. Note too that Eddie Howe has described Rodgers as a big influence on him in terms of management and playing style ! Gerrard called him the best man manager he's ever known. He got Swansea up playing great football and he's made stars of Suarez sterling and Sturridge Coutinho Henderson shelvey and everyone else he gets his hands on. He seems to have a soft spot for our club too. The perfect choice for us! 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I agree with blimp on BR ... Mel forget these rookie managers and get Brendan Rodgers pronto. He will fulfil your remit and you won't need to go to the dressing room or convince him to play Lowe Hanson or Zanzala! It will be obvious to him to blood the best youth. Note too that Eddie Howe has described Rodgers as a big influence on him in terms of management and playing style ! Gerrard called him the best man manager he's ever known. He got Swansea up playing great football and he's made stars of Suarez sterling and Sturridge Coutinho Henderson shelvey and everyone else he gets his hands on. He seems to have a soft spot for our club too. The perfect choice for us! 

Do you know how difficult that would be? How rare is it that a manager goes from managing Liverpool to a Championship team?

dont over estimate how good we are, even if it heart is in the right place currently, we just don't have the oomph to sign a manager like Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Do you know how difficult that would be? How rare is it that a manager goes from managing Liverpool to a Championship team?

dont over estimate how good we are, even if it heart is in the right place currently, we just don't have the oomph to sign a manager like Rodgers. 

I can see where you're coming from but I'm not sure I agree. He was in the Championship with Swansea and took them up before moving to Liverpool and from what I have seen and heard about the bloke, I don't think he is that far up his arris that he wouldn't be prepared to step down and do it all again.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I can see where you're coming from but I'm not sure I agree. He was in the Championship with Swansea and took them up before moving to Liverpool and from what I have seen and heard about the bloke, I don't think he is that far up his arris that he wouldn't be prepared to step down and do it all again.

Agreed, but he must have better offers on the table. 

IMO we have more chance of signing Rodgers rather than Pearson simply for the fact that Mel would see Pearson as a Manager whereas Bredon worked at Liverpool under a transfer committee.

Interesting reading about what was said at Moor farm and how Mel wants the club to evolve, I am happy to give him time as the past owners have been shocking.some of the abuse that he's received has been unbelievable.

I don't agree with the DW appointment but we don't know who he's got lined up, I hope that it's a top coach/manager and he's simply dangling the carrot to keep DW motivated.

Doubters will doubt. I don't suppose anything that has been said will change some people's views.

I was firmly in the Clement out camp, I had a feeling something serious was amiss somewhere, but didn't know where the problems lay. I trust Mel has the best interests of the club at heart and he isn't afraid of making the tough decisions needed to get us where we all want to be.

I saw, earlier in the week, some members comparing Mel to Fawaz this made me chuckle. I believe Mel will take the difficult decisions then take the time to explain the reasoning behind them to the fans; Fawaz will make a decision (after consulting with twitter) to try and ingratiate himself to their fans. Chalk and cheese.

I remain positive and hope it's not too long before the decline in play is halted and reversed.

Archived